Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pffft. Misquoted my ass, he was offered a chance to come home and rejected it. Footy players are trained with their media duties, ridiculous how people still don't realise this
Yep , think someone in the game with a little bit more experience (or just plainly knows what there doing) got into his flog managers ear and told him some home truths-if Kelly and himself (obviously)want the best deal you don’t limit your options.
Pretty straight forward really(that’s what you get when you use a real estate agent as your player manager tho)

Reckon we ll just be used to up his price either at WC or Geelong

One thing he did say was that if he came West he has no problem with Freo which is a good thing..
He said he was misquoted last year
Yeah, what mike91 and fnerd said. Dude is just better trained now. i have no doubt he turned us down last year. He may have changed I dont know but he wasnt misquoted, Freo was third on his list of choices and likely still is. Until he signs or declares where he wants to go, we still have some hope though

Potential moneyball trade target: Cedric Cox

Lions have McCluggage and Robinson on their wings so he's stuck behind two handy players.

Contracted for one more year but worth a look in I hope. At 22, should be able to immediately slot onto wing after we lose Langdon. i hope we are at least asking the question

Last edited:
Jackson will only need 12 months...he'll play a few games first year...he's a goodin and versatile

There is a chance that Jackson is literally a player that could play any position on the field; for mine he is a risk (we would probably need to use a teens pick on him, and if he is only a ruck he goes into a queue which is a bit meh) but has massive upside; he almost adds another mid to the square with his athleticsm. Alternatively I am not yet convinced he can't play either Forward or back at least as a stand-in.

The other (maybe bigger) "massive risk massive reward" WA player is Jeremy Sharp. Given we look like we are losing speed from the flanks, he would bring both that plus size and footskills off the HBF....but would we be able to overlook some of the application issues, regardless of the fact he has been in the system long enough to know better?

Jackson will only need 12 months...he'll play a few games first year...he's a goodin and versatile
100% agree. Looked a ripper. I was really impressed with what I saw of him.

I hope we don't overlook him because we have Jones and Meek. That would be like overlooking Jordan Clarke because we've got Duman and Nyhuis... oh wait.

Imagine a draft where we get Robertson, Sharpe, Jackson and Henry!

There is a chance that Jackson is literally a player that could play any position on the field; for mine he is a risk (we would probably need to use a teens pick on him, and if he is only a ruck he goes into a queue which is a bit meh) but has massive upside; he almost adds another mid to the square with his athleticsm. Alternatively I am not yet convinced he can't play either Forward or back at least as a stand-in.

The other (maybe bigger) "massive risk massive reward" WA player is Jeremy Sharp. Given we look like we are losing speed from the flanks, he would bring both that plus size and footskills off the HBF....but would we be able to overlook some of the application issues, regardless of the fact he has been in the system long enough to know better?

Sharp no problem...I'd be surprised if Jackson went in the first round and probable 20-22 like that (he did get towelled up by one of the other ruckman in the NAB comp before he got injured during the game). For me, this draft is a package one, for example, Sharp Robertson Jackson Henry and O'Driscoll. That group together should be the go imo.

Already mapping out the players talent and performance and likely ranking according to what clubs probably want can give clubs a pretty good idea what picks they should target out to about the end of the second round. We would need to start from 9 I would think if we go local.

Sharp no problem...I'd be surprised if Jackson went in the first round and probable 20-22 like that (he did get towelled up by one of the other ruckman in the NAB comp before he got injured during the game). For me, this draft is a package one, for example, Sharp Robertson Jackson Henry and O'Driscoll. That group together should be the go imo.
Every time I hear a recruiter speak Jackson gets mentioned. Think he might be very highly rated by some clubs.

O'Driscoll is next year though he looks a ripper.

I cant get behind Sharp personally. Have seen him baulk at a contest too many times. A pick in the 20's? Sure, but with Henry we wont have any in the 20s

O'Driscoll is not availsble this year.

O think we get one high-ish first round pick excluding Henry and maybe one or two picks 20-35.

High-ish first round (8-11) options: Dylan Stephens, Deven Robertson, Lachlan Ash

20-35 Options: Cam Taheny, Jeremy Sharp, Luke Jackson, Trent Bianco, Trent Rivers

I reckon Elijah Taylor maybe is a 15-20 range; maybe so is Jackson.

Don't be surprised if Sharp is the first WA boy chosen given the Vic media have been on him. Two consecutive selections NAB under 18 all Australian and playing a few games thus far WAFL league and quite well. Maybe I'm just a parochial Aquinian lol.

Don't be surprised if Sharp is the first WA boy chosen given the Vic media have been on him. Two consecutive selections NAB under 18 all Australian and playing a few games thus far WAFL league and quite well. Maybe I'm just a parochial Aquinian lol.
I would be absolutely shocked if this was the case to be honest but what do I know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know what I find absolutely hilarious, club supporters on here who think they will get Hill for a pick in the 10-20s while at least 3 Melbourne clubs are falling over themselves trying to get him to ask to go to them. From all accounts, Dogs, Melbourne and St Kilda are offering 800k a year + to get him there, and these muppets think a top 10 pick is too much to pay (its one of the three in particular).

At least if we let Hill go, I'm 99% sure we ream whoever we send him to.

Every time I hear a recruiter speak Jackson gets mentioned. Think he might be very highly rated by some clubs.

O'Driscoll is next year though he looks a ripper.

I cant get behind Sharp personally. Have seen him baulk at a contest too many times. A pick in the 20's? Sure, but with Henry we wont have any in the 20s
We'll (hopefully) get one in the Langdon trade.

Do you know what I find absolutely hilarious, club supporters on here who think they will get Hill for a pick in the 10-20s while at least 3 Melbourne clubs are falling over themselves trying to get him to ask to go to them. From all accounts, Dogs, Melbourne and St Kilda are offering 800k a year + to get him there, and these muppets think a top 10 pick is too much to pay (its one of the three in particular).

As i've said before - we got 6 and 19 (and some other pick swaps) for Neale.

I'd expect about the same: high 1st & very high second.

We'll (hopefully) get one in the Langdon trade.
The only problem I have with that is generally the best thing is to clear the round you think the bid will come in. Henry should be 15-25, so we want to get ahead of that, turn our current second into more points in the third (Bulldogs have three early rd 3's). But, we can also do the easy option and have a few 2nds waiting for one to be eaten up by Henry then use the other on a different kid.
As i've said before - we got 6 and 19 (and some other pick swaps) for Neale.

I'd expect about the same: high 1st & very high second.
I think thats what it will take. I am looking forward to reading the boards of the team he goes to, because if he does get traded its going to be so much more than anyone of these guys think it is. I always expect some kind of reason on these things but its too hard for a lot of people. You only have to look at the Neale and Weller trades to know our approach to these things, and Hill has TWO years.

The only problem I have with that is generally the best thing is to clear the round you think the bid will come in. Henry should be 15-25, so we want to get ahead of that, turn our current second into more points in the third (Bulldogs have three early rd 3's). But, we can also do the easy option and have a few 2nds waiting for one to be eaten up by Henry then use the other on a different kid.

I think thats what it will take. I am looking forward to reading the boards of the team he goes to, because if he does get traded its going to be so much more than anyone of these guys think it is. I always expect some kind of reason on these things but its too hard for a lot of people. You only have to look at the Neale and Weller trades to know our approach to these things, and Hill has TWO years.
If the market price for a trade ends up being mid-to-late first or early second, you would think we would push for a player instead of the pick(s)

If the market price for a trade ends up being mid-to-late first or early second, you would think we would push for a player instead of the pick(s)
I can guarantee the market will be higher than that. We also flat out wont trade him for that anyway. The place would be burned down if we trade one of our best 3 players at 26 and 2 years on his contract for a pick in teens. I will personally find Micallef and kick him in the nuts if he even thinks about taking a 2nd

I can guarantee the market will be higher than that. We also flat out wont trade him for that anyway. The place would be burned down if we trade one of our best 3 players at 26 and 2 years on his contract for a pick in teens. I will personally find Micallef and kick him in the nuts if he even thinks about taking a 2nd
Fair enough. That first pick may be a pick but the second should be a player

Potential moneyball trade target: Cedric Cox

Lions have McCluggage and Robinson on their wings so he's stuck behind two handy players.

Contracted for one more year but worth a look in I hope. At 22, should be able to immediately slot onto wing after we lose Langdon. i hope we are at least asking the question
Having watched a few Brisbane games in the last few years I always get the feeling Cox is scared of body on body contact. His defensive efforts are very average. I love his skill set though.

On SM-G611F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough. That first pick may be a pick but the second should be a player
I am more inclined to hold a pick that could potentially get us Jackson, Taylor or Rivers (not against interstate options either, just noting the range the WA players I like may be rated).

I think we are still in rebuild mode and if we need some mature bodies for transition of the list purposes get them late, and on short contracts.

I think it is more telling that Twoomey didn't have him in his top 25 players post championships whilst a guy like Taheny was there. I'm confident that either Liam Henry and/or Deven Robertson will go before Sharp. Even if you were going pure talent over the risk of poor application, I feel Elijah Taylor would get a go first given he has only been in the system a short while and so there is the greater potential to get himself sorted out.

Try the melb board. Pick 12-18 worthy apparently.

If he goes to Melb, they’ll hand over pick 2.

Noah Anderson sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back