Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fremantle's cohesion Index:

1536324381-2105.png

Okay - so Freo is a small place and everyone knows everyone and I've lived here all my life (except for a 5 year stint O/S), so here I am going with another "I know someone..."

I went to primary school with his aunty and father, and his mum lived up the road from me. I also worked with said aunty from 2007-2017. I asked her in 2017 if Ben still had aspirations to play AFL, and she said at the time that no, he'd pretty much given up on that idea, he wasn't going to bother nominating for the draft and was happy playing WAFL (she also said he moved to Subi cos Souths were treating him like crap and were telling him that he'd be playing seniors, but then not picking him, but he loved it at Subi. Given his whole family were Souths supporters, this wasn't an easy thing to swallow, but she says the difference in the way he's been treated at Subi compared to Souths is like chalk and cheese - bet they're a bit miffed now with how they went about it at the time... but I digress).

Anyway, unless he's changed his mind since then, we won't be getting him as a rookie unless we guarantee him a spot and tell him to nominate and we'll pick him up.

Worked with his old man he’s a Freo supporter, like you say though Ben May be happy where he is although I couldn’t see him knocking back an opportunity.

Please correct if I'm wrong, delusional or I've missed a rule with bidding and NGA. I also understand points aren't the best way to work out player values etc but it gives a rough idea of a trades worth.

What we have currently are picks 6, 24, 78 but I'm aiming for as many picks as possible.

Melbourne receive - Langdon (valued at pick 20 which is 900ish points), pick 7 and 24 which is equivalent to 3341 points
Fremantle receive - picks 3, 20 and 56 which is the equivalent to 3340 points

St Kilda - Brad Hill valued at pick 6 but is contracted
Fremantle receive - 6 and Acres

Potential trade GWS receive - Pick 3 for their academy player
Fremantle Receive - 11 and 13

Potential trade 2 is Hawthorn receive - pick 6
Fremantle Receive - Pick 10 and 45

We end up with picks 10, 11, 13, 20, 45, 56 and 78 and con control when Henry is bid on within the first round for 20% discount.

Please correct if I'm wrong, delusional or I've missed a rule with bidding and NGA. I also understand points aren't the best way to work out player values etc but it gives a rough idea of a trades worth.

What we have currently are picks 6, 24, 78 but I'm aiming for as many picks as possible.

Melbourne receive - Langdon (valued at pick 20 which is 900ish points), pick 7 and 24 which is equivalent to 3341 points

We end up with picks 10, 11, 13, 20, 45, 56 and 78 and con control when Henry is bid on within the first round for 20% discount.

Pick 10. Dylan Stephens/Deven Robertson/Luke Jackson
Pick 11. Dylan Stephens/Deven Robertson/Luke Jackson
Pick 13. Luke Jackson/Trent Rivers/Cam Taheny
Pick 20. Trent Rivers/Jeremy Sharp/Elijah Taylor

Match a bid for Henry and maybe pick up someone later in the draft and I call that a win

& Jack Darling on a long term contract

You’re forgetting their TPP outside the cap. Tim Kelly will get $300,000 in BHP shares.

Yep. If Coniglio wanted to go to WC, they'd find a way to get him as well. They know how to manage the books in a manner which is above board.

I kinda wish privacy would go to hell and all the contracts were in the public domain. Would make interesting reading seeing what Darling, Yeo, Gaff, Shuey, Kennedy, Naitanui, etc. are on when it comes to the official salary cap. Reckon it couldn't be anywhere near as much as people would think.

Yep. If Coniglio wanted to go to WC, they'd find a way to get him as well. They know how to manage the books in a manner which is above board.

I kinda wish privacy would go to hell and all the contracts were in the public domain. Would make interesting reading seeing what Darling, Yeo, Gaff, Shuey, Kennedy, Naitanui, etc. are on when it comes to the official salary cap. Reckon it couldn't be anywhere near as much as people would think.
AFL tonight Reports that Tim Kelly is returning to WA and to the yellow scum only
There must be unlimited bonus brown paper bag deals available to a plethora of players as well as the usual over inflated media appearance payments arranged through their prefered partners at 7 and the West

Pick 10. Dylan Stephens/Deven Robertson/Luke Jackson
Pick 11. Dylan Stephens/Deven Robertson/Luke Jackson
Pick 13. Luke Jackson/Trent Rivers/Cam Taheny
Pick 20. Trent Rivers/Jeremy Sharp/Elijah Taylor

Match a bid for Henry and maybe pick up someone later in the draft and I call that a win
That's how I had the drafts selected also. It's interchangeable and forces teams to trade up or waste picks earlier because we control picks 10, 11 and 13 which is a big chunk of great available players.

Can get potentially 4 of the best WA players in Robinson, Jackson, Henry and Sharp and still have room for Stephens or whoever they like.

I love me some trade shenangigans, did one a while ago where we ended up with 10,11,12,13 that was within the realms of sanity (but not going to happen).

My two cents on those trades is that even with Hill contracted, we are no chance of getting 6 and Acres. Would be fun to watch the Saints board combust.

I think we'd be doing well enough to get 3 and 56 with 7 and Langdon, yet alone the 2nd round upgrade as well. The points system falls short on moving up the board, the first trade probably values Langdon close to 15 which is overs for an uncontracted player.

Otherwise I like it =)

Sorry, this is not my specialty, but why would Melbourne give up pick 3 along with other swaps when Langdon, as most would agree is worth around pick 20 atm & Melbourne have pick 20 to give?

Tim Kelly is certain to again request a trade to West Coast this off-season, adamant family happiness trumps his future premiership aspirations at Geelong.

There is not a dramatic difference between the offers from Geelong, West Coast and Fremantle, with Kelly adamant he is moving for family rather than chasing the biggest deal he can acquire.

Kelly has no beef with Fremantle despite his partner Caitlin Miller "Liking" a recent social media post about Ross Lyon's sacking.

Fremantle will clearly come hard at Kelly as it did last year despite currently having no coach and no chief executive.

Kelly won't make an official declaration until after the finals, aware there will be many twists and turns in the trade to eventually get him home.

Kelly has met both WA-based clubs over the past year as he assesses his options, believing it would be negligent not to scout his future home.

"I'm just really locked in at the moment. I think I've said it before, tunnel vision," Kelly said.

They shopped Acres around in 2018 apparently and there's a pocket of supporters who don't rate him anymore so it could well happen.

The second rounders in the trade more so evened it up but isn't essential. If Kelly goes to Eagles I think we will go put to extort as many picks as possible.

Last edited:

Anyone got Bell's and Alcock's email addresses! If we used one of those on Bolton and took the rest to the draft for WA talent (plus Stephens) I'd be stoked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, this is not my specialty, but why would Melbourne give up pick 3 along with other swaps when Langdon, as most would agree is worth around pick 20 atm & Melbourne have pick 20 to give?
I did it as a best case scenario and get the most out of a deal. We can use pick 7 landgon who's value is at 20 and 24 to try and get pick 3, 20 and 56.

Points wise even if taken with a grain of salt is identical. If they want it more in their favour we remove 56.

I heard Caroline Wilson say on Footy Classified last night that Tim Kelly's partner gave a social media post announcing Ross Lyon's sacking the thumbs up.

Read into that what you will.
Quite a few currently listed Freo players also liked that post. Plus a number of family members of Freo listed players.

Not sure there's much to read.

I love me some trade shenangigans, did one a while ago where we ended up with 10,11,12,13 that was within the realms of sanity (but not going to happen).

My two cents on those trades is that even with Hill contracted, we are no chance of getting 6 and Acres. Would be fun to watch the Saints board combust.

I think we'd be doing well enough to get 3 and 56 with 7 and Langdon, yet alone the 2nd round upgrade as well. The points system falls short on moving up the board, the first trade probably values Langdon close to 15 which is overs for an uncontracted player.

Otherwise I like it =)
Also gotta love a good ole fashioned clusterpick.

This is what we should be doing.
Tim Kelly is 25, we may pick up another Fyfe in this draft.
Finally we could actually do the draft properly
100% agree lol

And we will all be melting in this same thread next year at this stage of the season after our "Super draftee" has not played an AFL game yet, we finish bottom 4, and happily sit and watch West coast win their 3rd flag in a row.

Happy times

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is what we should be doing.
Tim Kelly is 25, we may pick up another Fyfe in this draft.
Finally we could actually do the draft properly
Andy & Adam, Sturt & Valente hopefully coming on + a solid crop of 5-6 kids from this draft could set us up for a decade! (Wishful thinking haha)

Yep, this is what happened when we went to a GF in '13.
Kids that developed with Pavlich, McPharlap etc
Its pretty obvious we aren't a destination club, but neither was Brizzy so you got to show potential to attract

The prospect of picking up 4-5 top end players of this draft is bloody exciting, i reckon theres a few 200 gamers in this crop!
As exciting as the last 5 drafts? Our draft has been pretty poor and hit and miss so I would hold off on the excitement.

Quite happy that Kelly has said no to us. I wouldn't mind us trying to pry Gus Brayshaw from the dees but other than that there's no need to trade for anyone. Just hit the draft hard with the good picks we've got. I'd like Robertson or Stephens with our first pick, and like said before heading into next season Sturt and Valente are yet to play a game. Very confident those two can become very good players for us. Exciting times ahead.

On SM-G611F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back