• Clarko and the Hawks should impose their own penalty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Collingwood actually show up instead of doing a West coast, Port will know more accurately where they sit.
Given what Port did to West Coast they will show up.

West Coast were ****ed after their start that it rained meaning their strength, their tall blokes, were ineffectual and they had no chance of making up the deficit.

Port also had a game plan to bring the ball to ground, that won’t work against the Pies who are better in that regard.

Port will be up for this game, played at docklands is better for them than the mcg.

However they have serious injuries. And a showdown next week. Showdowns are something they see coming. Hence why Jonas ain't playing.

Want to see them win, but cOllingwood are favourites.

However they broke west coast two weeks ago, destroyed thier system, made thier forwards look like Jenkins.

If thier Midfield does the same to COllingwood, 5 goals is a fair call.

Who was it that was saying The Brisbane Lions would have retention problems with all their young guns.....they're queueing up to re-sign.

Or, you know, people that have recently been impacted by suicide and would rather not see tasteless references to it in thread titles.

But hey, we can't all be edgelords like yourself.
I think you're interpreting it too literally. Andrew Denton ran with his program/chat show "Enough Rope" for years

"Enough Rope with Andrew Denton (often shortened to Enough Rope) is a television interview show originally broadcast on ABC1 in Australia. The title of the show came from the phrase "give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves".

I think you're interpreting it too literally. Andrew Denton ran with his program/chat show "Enough Rope" for years

"Enough Rope with Andrew Denton (often shortened to Enough Rope) is a television interview show originally broadcast on ABC1 in Australia. The title of the show came from the phrase "give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves".
What do you mean too literally? Your post references that it is about suicide. Yes, sometimes it could refer to political suicide, or career suicide, but the reference is still very clear.

What do you mean too literally? Your post references that it is about suicide. Yes, sometimes it could refer to political suicide, or career suicide, but the reference is still very clear.
Using Denton, his role as the interviewer is to know as much as possible about his guests and then create an environment in which they feel comfortable enough to talk about themselves. The over riding idea from my perspective is that it's an amusing title that builds the hope his guests will share more about themselves or their experiences than perhaps they'd ever intended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough rope has been a saying since the mid 17th century.
Although the whole saying is give someone enough rope to hang oneself, it means dont interrupt someone and they will stuff up. It doesnt actually mean hang oneself.
If your outraged by this, you've got bigger problems than what other people say.

Using Denton, his role as the interviewer is to know as much as possible about his guests and then create an environment in which they feel comfortable enough to talk about themselves. The over riding idea from my perspective is that it's an amusing title that builds the hope his guests will share more about themselves or their experiences than perhaps they'd ever intended.

It certainly a genuine common phrase. Used to describe someone who given enough time to have their say can often put their foot in their mouth, or do enough damage to themselves, that they come out worse. Sure it's taken from the literal sense of death, but is not applied literally in that manner.

Edit: and Whiskey...if you had experienced something literal, then my condolences. It's definitely not something I would wish on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back