List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The research is compelling, Tomjoad. Seligman the father of positive psychology even concurrs. Risk takers were quickly taken out on the savannah. The hold outs were risk averse and learned from others' mistakes. Seems logical to me. Then again.........

Positivism is reductive and makes me want to yell at clouds.

Let's be honest here, Hill will be 27 next season. If he was an 24 year old then yea by all means I'm happy to part ways with pic 5.

1/ He is 26yr 1mth now. So most of next season he will be 26. He is not old.

2/ Do you actually know of any gettable (to St Kilda) 24 year old very good mids that are available?

Walters on the other hand, yes please.

See point 2/ above.

So you'll be happy with Hill for pick 5 then?
Is that the confirmed trade is it?

Not sure you mentioned that in your rant TBH.

You stated he isn't what we need or worth a first round pick, among other colourful descriptions.

Do I believe he's worth pick 5? Probably not, but that depends on how important the club believes he is to our needs.

Will pay a first round for him. Most probably yes.

So on that basis, if you're out, then enjoy whatever hobby you take up.

No they didn't. Our incredible standard of living in the first world is proof of that. What a time to be alive, if you enjoy privilege.

BTW, VDS66, where is the tuk tuk driver? A man temporarily identifying as a female can't wait forever you know. My legs and underarms are sprouting, old bean!
Sorry bro. What happens in Patpong Rd stays in Patpong Rd.

Suffice to say that you missed a wonderful evening of Singha beer, cunning stunts and ping pong balls...

You stated he isn't what we need or worth a first round pick, among other colourful descriptions.

Do I believe he's worth pick 5? Probably not, but that depends on how important the club believes he is to our needs.

I said if we give up our first pick for him I'm out, someone of your supreme intellect should be able to read between the lines.

I also didn't say he isn't what we need, just that he isn't what our main priority should be if we lose Stuv and that we shouldn't sell the farm for his type.

I suggest you hit the showers you're done for the night...

I said if we give up our first pick for him I'm out, someone of your supreme intellect should be able to read between the lines.

I also didn't say he isn't what we need, just that he isn't what our main priority should be if we lose Stuv and that we shouldn't sell the farm for his type.

I prefer a bath and reading a copy of Ensteins Theory of Relativity...

We are in for a world of pain if we don't improve our midfield next year. Brad Hill isn't the answer if we cant get a classy midfielder to extract it to him on a wing.

Hill doesn't have great tackle, marking and accuracy numbers, and most certainly isn't Michael Walters in terms of possessions or goals. He is an upgrade on Sinclair but at what cost?!

I'd argue that Hill isn't even worth a first rounder at all. We need to replace Stuv in the middle before we grab another seagull like Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in for a world of pain if we don't improve our midfield next year. Brad Hill isn't the answer if we cant get a classy midfielder to extract it to him on a wing.

Hill doesn't have great tackle, marking and accuracy numbers, and most certainly isn't Michael Walters in terms of possessions or goals. He is an upgrade on Sinclair but at what cost?!

I'd argue that Hill isn't even worth a first rounder at all. We need to replace Stuv in the middle before we grab another seagull like Hill. If we give up our first, I'm done.

Hunter...

I'd argue that Hill isn't even worth a first rounder at all. We need to replace Stuv in the middle before we grab another seagull like Hill
Walters is older than Hill is he not?

How in the hell does Roma’s future salary have any effect on how he was recruited?

He was a rookie... the absolute definition of a bargain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were arguing their pay packets not his recruitment. Get excited about something else.

We were arguing their pay packets not his recruitment. Get excited about something else.

The post I thought you were responding to was talking about our drafting... missing out on Paddy at a huge cost but getting Roma for nought.

Can’t be bothered going back but I reckon that’s actually what you were replying to.

Actually I'm very cynical, but also smart enough to differentiate s**t from clay.

Very easy to come across as sanctimonious to the intellectually fragile when your argument is based on fact and logic instead of hysteria and paranoia.

I'm sorry if my superior intellect offends you. It's not your fault.

You are a la la land cloudy fairy that looks at all the evidence of our failings and denies them to himself, that's the definition of smart is it? You're more like a religious nutter that freaks out when anyone challenges their linear thinking.

The post I thought you were responding to was talking about our drafting... missing out on Paddy at a huge cost but getting Roma for nought.

Can’t be bothered going back but I reckon that’s actually what you were replying to.

We were discussing how much Hill is going to get, which I said he's lucky he's playing in this era because $900k is a lot for a guy who is predominantly outside. Plugger or VDS said well it's swings and roundabouts because we got Roma as a bargain. I said he might be until his next contract when he won't be any more. He'll be rich. Bag my dumb posts or read them so you have some ammunition if you're going to nit-pick.

Surely it's not a bad thing that a player we got for next to nothing will demand a good contract in 2 years though is it?

A rookie draft selection and then we signed him up early enough this year that he'd be on bargain price for two years.

Oh Jesus Christ, do you really expect me to respond to this? I thought you were vaguely normal Birdman.

Do you have to be a dick? He's just stating an opinion. He doesn't rate Hill as a first round pick. He'd have plenty of friends, why jump on him?

And after they find those solutions they are quickly dispatched.

Einstein was also a lunatic and massive campaigner. Gaslighted his first wife, was trying to piss off his second wife to marry her 16 year old daughter, tried to marry his first cousin while married. He was a great physicist, weird, shit bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back