List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sept 2015 : "if we trade pick 5 on its for Carlisle I'll spew up"

Aug 2019: "if we trade pick 5 on its own for Hill I'll spew up"

Pretty sure we will work something out that services us well, just like in 2015 (notwithstanding Hill still under contract - Freo need a reset and start again with people who want to be there)

Surely StKilda would want pick 25 back in return?

Surely StKilda would want pick 25 back in return?
Ideally we will split pick five for two firsts, send one and a player for Hill, maybe Blake.

It really depends on trades and who has what. There's every chance Freo can grab a pick between 15-20 for Langdon if they give a little as well (not suggesting Ed is worth pick 15 on his own). So suddenly pick 5 for Hill and 15 looks much more palatable, even if we add a player to that.

In short, I'd hope we got a teens pick back if we traded our first and potentially knives for Hill.

Ideally we will split pick five for two firsts, send one and a player for Hill, maybe Blake.

It really depends on trades and who has what. There's every chance Freo can grab a pick between 15-20 for Langdon if they give a little as well (not suggesting Ed is worth pick 15 on his own). So suddenly pick 5 for Hill and 15 looks much more palatable, even if we add a player to that.

In short, I'd hope we got a teens pick back if we traded our first and potentially knives for Hill.

I reckon Freo are going to want that 5-6 pick to get the Kelly trade done.

Your best pick trading option is GWS, but the pick is going to get used up on Green anyway, unless they roll their chances that a club with picks ahead of yours won't nominate him.

The Kelly trade is the big domino.

Your best pick trading option is GWS, but the pick is going to get used up on Green anyway, unless they roll their chances that a club with picks ahead of yours won't nominate him.

Ordinarily I'd agree that they should roll the dice on our pick but the Swans having pick 4 is going to hurt our chances.

Kelly is no guarantee to even go to Freo, but I'm guessing if he does then we may as well get involved and include Stuv for a better return.

I'm with BlacreJacks on this. If Freo want pick 5, they can give us a mid-to-late-ish first back. I get the feeling Freo will be fairly active so they should be able to get a pick somewhere in that range he's talking about. Tell them to get it done quickly if they want pick 5 before we split it.

So sad 😥 #bringhimhome

24o3osg.jpg

1/ He is 26yr 1mth now. So most of next season he will be 26. He is not old.

2/ Do you actually know of any gettable (to St Kilda) 24 year old very good mids that are available?

See point 2/ above.

He will be 27 by the time next season finishes and may only have 5 years left max. See my point not worth waiting a top 5 pick on. Heck if we are talking about a genuine match winner who is 26 then then yes by all means use pick 5 for him.

I've watched him play and yes he is a good player, but worth selling the farm for.

Let me put it this way, would you prefer to have a crack at drafting Clark, Coffield, Smith, Naughton etc in the last couple of drafts, or get Hill?

Pretty simple really.

He is worth pick 10ish, but deffinatley not pick 5 alone contracted or not.

I just hope the club see it this way as well, otherwise they may as well shut up shop.

He will be 27 by the time next season finishes and may only have 5 years left max. See my point not worth waiting a top 5 pick on. Heck if we are talking about a genuine match winner who is 26 then then yes by all means use pick 5 for him.

I've watched him play and yes he is a good player, but worth selling the farm for.

Let me put it this way, would you prefer to have a crack at drafting Clark, Coffield, Smith, Naughton etc in the last couple of drafts, or get Hill?

Pretty simple really.

He is worth pick 10ish, but deffinatley not pick 5 alone contracted or not.

I just hope the club see it this way as well, otherwise they may as well shut up shop.
A long way to go before anything is worked out , also who knows who else gets shaken out , we could see a Langdon , A.Brayshaw , Wines , B.Couch could nominate us then it comes down to who we want and who we are willing to off load.

We are needing a midfield leader and I feel if one becomes available all our focus will move from Hill to the midfield play maker we need.

If we are going to lose Steven this year it is going to hurt , we knowing his value will be smashed because he is out of shape.
Just hope Constable is the trade deal.
I'm not so sure his value will be that bad. As a direct replacement for Kelly during last ditch attempt at a premiership, his value to the cats is inflated.
Stuv to Cats
Kelly to freo
Hills to saints
Freo's 1st and S Hill compo to Cats

Everyone gets exactly what they want, no fuss, no steak knives required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is an article on the Fox Footy App,with solutions on HOW Freo can gain some good picks in the DRAFT,which includes a section on Saints solving the Pick5 for Hill scenario,

I have read 3 seperate articles involving Trade Rumours in the past 24 hrs and all 3 stated that the Hill Trade will involve 3 Clubs.
I doubt only pick5 will be involved in a 3 way trade

If Stuv goes (I say if, but you'd think the club would know by now) it'd make a lot of sense to have a Kelly, Hill, Stuv circular trade with some even-uppers where required.

I would like to see GWS get a flag out of the way too, appease the AFL, and then a few players might leave for cash after getting a medal.

Me too.
Best thing would be for Ross to get the job there. I reckon he'd turn a team of champions into a champion team.

HOW DOCKERS CAN GET DEAL DONE

The Dockers, however, seem better placed to secure a trade.

Not only do they have their natural first-round pick — Pick 6, according to current ladder position and not considering Gold Coast’s potential priority pick — but Bradley Hill is almost certain to request a trade to a Victorian-based club.

Geelong has been linked to Hill, yet St Kilda seems in the box seat to secure the speedy wingman, with the club willing to offer him a contract worth around $900,000 per season.
But this is where the Saints could help the Dockers out.

St Kilda’s natural first selection (Pick 5) is arguably too high for a straight swap for Hill. The Saints could send that selection, as well as Pick 55, to the Giants for Pick 12 and/or Pick 13. That would also give the Giants leverage with other clubs wanting to move up the draft order, as the Giants want to bank points to match an inevitable early bid on gun academy prospect Tom Green.

this guy is saying we give up pick 5 and pick 55 for 12 and what else

Fair chance GWS could use pick 5 to climb even higher in the draft. For example a club with pick 2 may be reluctant to drop to 12 even for multiple picks but dropping to 5 for a bonus pick would be much more palatable.

Depends on what happens with Coniglio in that situation though.

Snake staying

No doubt Carlisle will want to get the club to extend his contract , one year will not cut it for him.
If the Saints don't extend his contract Carlisle could easily go to whoever offers him a long term deal , just my thoughts.
Interesting times with Battle showing he can fill the position with Wilkie being his 2nd lieutenant.

12 and 13 would be fine.

12 and Caldwell, Bonar or Ian Hill probably work as well.

Flip 12 for Brad Hill.

Yeah, seems reasonable.

Not only do they have their natural first-round pick — Pick 6, according to current ladder position and not considering Gold Coast’s potential priority pick — but Bradley Hill is almost certain to request a trade to a Victorian-based club.

Geelong has been linked to Hill, yet St Kilda seems in the box seat to secure the speedy wingman, with the club willing to offer him a contract worth around $900,000 per season.

St Kilda’s natural first selection (Pick 5) is arguably too high for a straight swap for Hill. The Saints could send that selection, as well as Pick 55, to the Giants for Pick 12 and/or Pick 13. That would also give the Giants leverage with other clubs wanting to move up the draft order, as the Giants want to bank points to match an inevitable early bid on gun academy prospect Tom Green.

They have Essendon's first, so currently have 12 & 13.

Freo trade Langdon to Melbourne for Pick 20(Currently) and then do the Hill trade with us and if we do give up Pick5,we ask for P20 to go with Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back