List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have really bagged Bruce in the past but I am back on board this year after watching his preseason and training a lot. The article recently mentioning he has had a fracture in his back and a corkie which meant he had to spend time in hospital has explained his up and down form this year.

I don't think he is up for trade under any circumstances. Bruce, Members and Winx would be a formidable tall forward set up with the likes of Parker, Lonie, Long, Gresh and Co at their feet.

Marshall is the perfect modern day mobile ruck who can rest up forward, his improvement this year is phenomenal. We shouldn't be looking to mess with this at all.
Yep, I think with Paddy almost done, we'd be mad to trade Bruce unless we are bringing a better forward in.

I think the assumption that Marshall will just improve in the forward half as he has in the ruck is madness. Look at Rhys Stanley, could never quite cut it in the forward half but has turned his career around in the ruck. They are very similar players but I even think Marshall has a lot more upside playing in the ruck.

Yep, I think with Paddy almost done, we'd be mad to trade Bruce unless we are bringing a better forward in.

I think the assumption that Marshall will just improve in the forward half as he has in the ruck is madness. Look at Rhys Stanley, could never quite cut it in the forward half but has turned his career around in the ruck. They are very similar players but I even think Marshall has a lot more upside playing in the ruck.

Great comparison

I think it's was a couple of different posters on here but can't remember who. It's been mentioned multiple times on the forum though. I hope to **** we got it right, so far so good. Lethers would need to be run out of town with pitch forks if he's not equal to Rozee.
Surely you don't believe everything you read on Bigfooty Gringo

I think it's was a couple of different posters on here but can't remember who. It's been mentioned multiple times on the forum though. I hope to **** we got it right, so far so good. Lethers would need to be run out of town with pitch forks if he's not equal to Rozee.
Mate ,if you believe half the Bull sh1t you read on here you will end up topping yourself , Id say about 5% of the rumours on here are a 10% chance of being half right and when normalized its more like 1% o_O

Or we look at trading someone with a bit of value out like Bruce

King Marshall Membrey forward line would work well or Bruce playing up the ground like Tom Lynch from the Crows role
while I love Bruce on current output if we got a 1st rounder to trade for a elite player we need it would make the team better. Myb best wait till we have Ben King tho, we could do a straight swap:) Ben King and Marshall to rotate ruck. I believe Marshall played chb before the saints

I have really bagged Bruce in the past but I am back on board this year after watching his preseason and training a lot. The article recently mentioning he has had a fracture in his back and a corkie which meant he had to spend time in hospital has explained his up and down form this year.

I don't think he is up for trade under any circumstances. Bruce, Members and Winx would be a formidable tall forward set up with the likes of Parker, Lonie, Long, Gresh and Co at their feet.

Marshall is the perfect modern day mobile ruck who can rest up forward, his improvement this year is phenomenal. We shouldn't be looking to mess with this at all.

Yeah, he's the glue for a big group of guys too. I reckon we need to keep him even if he gets pushed out eventually. We really are in a position where the age profile of our list means we can't afford to off load too many older guys. Armo, Robbo, Brown, Stuv, Longer, Pierce etc are all potentially off the list next year. That would make us the youngest list in the AFL.

We have pretty much started another rebuild without saying it, 3 guys that played against Port in China were on our list in 2013, Geary the only one from 2011, you need a few guys around to create an environment that players want to be part of. Hopefully in 3 or 4 years King is dominating and Bruce can be relegated to the VFL but right now he's a required player.

I don’t think Marshall is a key forward at all. But I also like a ruckman to be able to rest forward and make a difference.

Reality this year is Bruce has kicked 13 goals from 11 games as the number one target. I love the guy, one of the best to have a beer with, but reality is he’s not performing as a true forward. King will only hurt this more next year you would think. We don’t have anyone to challenge him this year.

He’s not the biggest problem though.. the mids are. Which is why I’m so disappointed with the development &/or handling of Clark & co.. they need to be the future.

Anyway, know idea how to quick fix it and think it will be a slow burn over next couple of years. Hopefully we can land a free agent do a trade or two and improve in the draft.
I reckon the supporters expect too much from Bruce.

He is our only real genuine tall forward and is he expected to play CHF, up the ground and at times ruck as well. (That's disregarding out appalling forward entries.) I reckon its remarkable that he's managed to score 13 goals for the season under that scenario.

Will be interesting to see what happens later in the season when you'd expect that King will get a run. There's no way they will drop Bruce for King so we will play with a second genuine tall forward. That leaves Bruce to roam a bit more, still play second ruck and then not also have to get back to play key forward as well.

You never know that may even lead the club choosing to move the ball a bit more quickly.

while I love Bruce on current output if we got a 1st rounder to trade for a elite player we need it would make the team better. Myb best wait till we have Ben King tho, we could do a straight swap:) Ben King and Marshall to rotate ruck. I believe Marshall played chb before the saints

If he's playing badly who would give a first rounder for him?

I reckon the supporters expect too much from Bruce.

He is our only real genuine tall forward and is he expected to play CHF, up the ground and at times ruck as well. (That's disregarding out appalling forward entries.) I reckon its remarkable that he's managed to score 13 goals for the season under that scenario.

Will be interesting to see what happens later in the season when you'd expect that King will get a run. There's no way they will drop Bruce for King so we will play with a second genuine tall forward. That leaves Bruce to roam a bit more, still play second ruck and then not also have to get back to play key forward as well.

You never know that may even lead the club choosing to move the ball a bit more quickly.

Yeah, he doesn't have the luxury of playing like Jeremy Cameron, he has to run to defence, ruck, take marks through transition etc. He's probably the hardest working key forward in the AFL. He's a work horse out of necessity.

Where is has the talk that Lethlean overruled Libba to pick king instead of Rozee come from?

Everything I've heard is that Libba was super keen on King and wanted him from the start of the year.

It was on here from one of the ITKs.

Agreed but that doesn’t mean doing trades that don’t improve you. I don’t know if it’s the club or the board or maybe both who has a fascination with talls but I think it’s time we get a fascination with mids. Class mids so that means early draft picks and trades.

I'd even rather Hill and Mundy from Freo for a couple of years until we can develop our own. We would look a lot classier up forward with good mids.

If we were to do this i think Carlisle is probably a better option who has trade currency and less years. Marshall still potentially a lot of upside still to go. Only reason i think Goldy would be good to get is he would come free, but would be tough to fit in the team next year with King in as well unless you played both Goldy and Marshall somehow. If we wanted 2 ruck team we certainly cant do that with Longer as he gives us too little around the ground.

I think all the mids you mentioned have a good chance of becoming elite mids. Billings has been cery good this season, its Gresh's first 10 games playing mid only and has had some elite performances, etc.

Carlisle is an interesting option- particularly with Wilkie looking a great find and battle looking promising.
I think we could do with losing jake if it brought in an A grade mid, because contrary to popular belief- Carlisle isn't really a backman.
He's a loose man defender- effectively a giant roberton/gibson type.

He's elite as a loose defender, but just another regular joe blow as an actual backman if made to actually play on a forward.
I've seen it mentioned on here that jake could play full back or true chb if/when brown came out of the team- no chance.
Or if he did- he'd be totally ordinary, certainly no better than say wilkie.

On paper jake should be our go to guy for playing man on man against the likes of Cox, Ben Brown, Lynch etc- but he's not close to elite as an actual defender. He's just tall.

So yeah- with Wilkie/Battle coming on, and our vast array of half backs- I'm confident we could cover losing jake to bring in a gun mid.

Problem is though, I think jake's injury history and the position he plays would limit what we would get for him.
I can't see say a north melbourne trading cunnington for jake (he's probably too old for their needs at this point).
Nor would say the giants be interested in a taranto jake trade- because their backline is sorted.
Or say the swans with heeney- they wouldn't bite.

All of those clubs would be interested in Roma though I would think- to the point where it's not impossible that they would consider giving up an elite mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle is an interesting option- particularly with Wilkie looking a great find and battle looking promising.
I think we could do with losing jake if it brought in an A grade mid, because contrary to popular belief- Carlisle isn't really a backman.

He's elite as a loose defender, but just another regular joe blow as an actual backman if made to actually play on a forward.
I've seen it mentioned on here that jake could play full back or true chb if/when brown came out of the team- no chance.

On paper jake should be our go to guy for playing man on man against the likes of Cox, Ben Brown, Lynch etc- but he's not close to elite as an actual defender. He's just tall.

So yeah- with Wilkie/Battle coming on, and our vast array of half backs- I'm confident we could cover losing jake to bring in a gun mid.

Problem is though, I think jake's injury history and the position he plays would limit what we would get for him.
I can't see say a north melbourne trading cunnington for jake (he's probably too old for their needs at this point).
Nor would say the giants be interested in a taranto jake trade- because their backline is sorted.

All of those clubs would be interested in Roma though I would think- to the point where it's not impossible that they would consider giving up an elite mid.

We should be more interested in Marshall. Trading him is crazy.

Oh well let's not discuss anything, agree 100% with everything you say and close the forum...

Don’t carry on like 9 year old. I’ve worked out you are at least 25 years of age. I stated we should chase those guys. I can’t see anywhere we I said we shouldn’t discuss it.

I think all the mids you mentioned have a good chance of becoming elite mids. Billings has been cery good this season, its Gresh's first 10 games playing mid only and has had some elite performances, etc.

Yes I agree that there is a decent chance of say billings and gresh becoming elite mids.
Maybe clark and coffield too in several years from now.
My point is though that we need all that to happen PLUS probably 2 more elite mids ontop of their expected rise if we are to have any chance of making finals and/or winning finals anytime soon.

We have the cap space to fit 2 more elite mids on the list ontop of gresh, billings etc but can't get anyone beyond a broken hanners to take it.

That problem is killing the entire team.

There are a few teams with good mids who need different types to improve. I think the Dogs and Dees both have too many similar mids and might want to move one on to get some wing men in. If we could somehow do a three way trade to get one, it might be win win win.

Otherwise we should just grab a guy like Richard Douglas, Ed Curnow, Brandon Ellis etc who would all add something as FAs. Coniglio as a FA is the dream though.

He doesn't play like Cameron because he isn't Cameron.

Well so you can process it, think of another forward who can just sit up at full forward CHF and not have to roam. Think of Tom Hawkins then.

Well so you can process it, think of another forward who can just sit up at full forward CHF and not have to roam. Think of Tom Hawkins then.
Now now don't get personal.

He doesn't play like Hawkins because he isn't Hawkins. ;)

Anyway just because he's our best doesn't mean he is great if we can't do better.

If we could trade him for a decent mid, we'd be crazy not to IMO.

There are a few teams with good mids who need different types to improve. I think the Dogs and Dees both have too many similar mids and might want to move one on to get some wing men in. If we could somehow do a three way trade to get one, it might be win win win.

Otherwise we should just grab a guy like Richard Douglas, Ed Curnow, Brandon Ellis etc who would all add something as FAs. Coniglio as a FA is the dream though.
Got to be honest and say I don’t think any of those players really improve the side. Cogiglio obviously does I don’t rate Ellis at all to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back