List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Yea, my English and grasp of that word isn't the greatest but I felt smart typing it LEL.

My point stands though, that if we took pick 6 to the draft, I don't think we're selecting King and if we do, he's in rehab for four years and doesn't become the player he is becoming now. By pick 6, Ben King was the best KPP available as Max was already taken at 4. Without Hogan, we only have an underwhelming Tabs and Lobb as players who could play KPF and McCarthy as a third tall. We were all screaming out for a KPF at the time and Hogan was best available at the time. Could King develop into a better player than Hogan? Yes. But to that point, given the choice at the time, 99.9% of supporters would've chosen Hogan over King for pick 6. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I agree. So many highly rated big guys don't make the jump from U18 for whatever reason.
Plenty of time for Hogan and he was showing good signs. Could still be a beast.

Just saw this on reddit so thought I’d share it here
Matt Crouch is currently worth about 3/5's of **** all as an accumulator who does nothing with it. If we chase Matt Crouch, yet alone use a top 10 pick in any way shape or form, I will kick Bell in the nuts

If we trade pick 2/what our first round pick ends up being (assuming we don’t make a late run to squeeze into the 8), for Matt Crouch I think I’d be physically ill

Matt Crouch is currently worth about 3/5's of fu** all as an accumulator who does nothing with it. If we chase Matt Crouch, yet alone use a top 10 pick in any way shape or form, I will kick Bell in the nuts
We can all have a kick after I castrate him.

I think we all know how I feel about the Hogan deal by now and that would be by a wide margin a worse deal.

Pick 2 for Matt Crouch? Even in his AA year you wouldn't do it.

I would assume we are talking pick 2 in the third round?
Otherwise it’s a hideous thought.

Matt Crouch is currently worth about 3/5's of fu** all as an accumulator who does nothing with it. If we chase Matt Crouch, yet alone use a top 10 pick in any way shape or form, I will kick Bell in the nuts
Sounds like a good deal, just like the Croad deal for pick 1. That turned out ok.
Can guarantee that sort of deal will bring laughs for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a good deal, just like the Croad deal for pick 1. That turned out ok.
Can guarantee that sort of deal will bring laughs for a decade.
I legit wouldnt drop down 1 spot in the top 10 to take him, he has negative value to us.

He has 1 position he is semi useful - centre and I'm not playing him in there ahead of Brayshaw, Cerra or Serong since its going to slow their development (the first two are already better than him in there anyway).

Add to that and you'd need to pay him 500k and its even worse

I have his phone number, I'll set up the meet behind the bike sheds and join you in this nut kicking.

I think we’re underrating the Crouch brothers here because of the sh*t the crows as a collective put up most weeks. The starting centre square for the crows in the 2017 Grand Final was Jacobs, Sloane, Crouch and Crouch. There really wasn’t anyone better listed on a HFF/HBF, bench etc. either.

My point is in a functioning side I think they can be handy players, especially if not together.

Having said that I do not see either Crouch as the type of midfielder our club requires to take the next step. We already have plenty of mids with questionable leg speed - we don’t need more.

I think we’re underrating the Crouch brothers here because of the sh*t the crows as a collective put up most weeks. The starting centre square for the crows in the 2017 Grand Final was Jacobs, Sloane, Crouch and Crouch. There really wasn’t anyone better listed on a HFF/HBF, bench etc. either.

My point is in a functioning side I think they can be handy players, especially if not together.

Having said that I do not see either Crouch as the type of midfielder our club requires to take the next step. We already have plenty of mids with questionable leg speed - we don’t need more.
2013 Grand Final we had Sandi, Fyfe, Crowley and Barlow in the middle and de Boer on a HFF. We’re giving the Crouch brothers their due rating, like Crowley, Barlow and de Boer. They’re ok but you wouldn’t give up a first (heck I wouldn’t even give up a second) round pick for any of them.

I'm probably being harsh but the dude did get dropped a couple of weeks, from the bottom side, as a 25 yo mid (should be in the prime of his football career).

That is.... not good.

And I agree, he could be handy somewhere but would be the last thing we need, hence why I wouldnt want us giving up something for him.

Can see another club giving a decent 2nd and 500k for him.

I'm probably being harsh but the dude did get dropped a couple of weeks, from the bottom side, as a 25 yo mid (should be in the prime of his football career).

That is.... not good.

And I agree, he could be handy somewhere but would be the last thing we need, hence why I wouldnt want us giving up something for him.

Can see another club giving a decent 2nd and 500k for him.
Could be all in his head based on lack of motivation. That camp destroyed his soul. Maybe that can be turned back around at a new club. Not worth a top 10 pick to find out though haha.

Does our game plan need someone to get 30 touches because his opponent is nowhere near him who then chips the ball sideways to someone else while the opposition set up ahead of the ball?

It might be his role, but I think we could play Banfield in that role.

Maybe I'm not being sucked into the stats enough, I'm pretty sure his opponent is instructed to let him get as much ball as he wants near the boundary and set up offensively so if there is a turnover he is in space and Matt isn't anywhere nearby

Yeah Matt Crouch epitomises empty stats. Can honestly say I’d love to get Brad Crouch though. Think he’s far more damaging. Especially if we have aspirations to play Fyfe forward more.

I might be against the grain here, but I’d be quite ok trading a pick between 5-10 for Matt Crouch. There’s nothing to suggest he won’t return to most damaging with a better environment to what Adelaide has become.

having a mid who will chalk up 25+ every week would be really nice.
lets us keep Walters deep where he’s most dangerous with stints on ball.

if not Matt, grabbing Brad as a FA would be better. Keep our pick then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back