GWS- stars across the list.
Collingwood- stars across the list, good age profiles
Geelong- stars across the list some high quality youth and top end seniors
WCE- stars across the board but a bit lesser down the bottom
Essendon- stars across the list consistently underperform
Richmond- a few stars and lots of grunt, play system footy
Brisbane- rising list with some coming on, most quality is youth
Dogs- a bit unbalanced but probably the best midfield in the AFL
Port- lots of good kids coming through, some stars all through the list, hard to get a read on
Dees- look good on paper, look terrible on the field
North- some stars some youth, still look a few players off finals
GC- lots of incredible youth, lack top end and experience but rising fast
Saints- not much in the high end and mostly young. A bit even with no real stars
Hawks- Look unbalanced but still have some guns and older quality to teach the youth
Fremantle- Look like they are a bit young but have some high quality in the older end
Carlton- constant teases, they have a potential Brownlow winner but not much else. Lots of GOPs
Sydney- in rebuild with some good kids and some worn older players
Adelaide- Look mentally and physically shot with not much coming up underneath and plenty of older players looking out on their feet
Very generous on Geelong. They have a huge fall coming once their 30+ year olds retire.
Very similar to Hawthorns list but with Veterans who are still performing.
They have a heap of picks from the Tim Kelly trade which should put them in a better position than Hawthorn though.

Very generous on Geelong. They have a huge fall coming once their 30+ year olds retire.
They have a heap of picks from the Tim Kelly trade which should put them in a better position than Hawthorn though.

They do but right now as of 2020 they have a top list wth their old guys standing up.

Our issue is we don't reward form and back our young mids early in. Bailey Smith is a perfect example but we decide to start them at half-back. I think its the right time to start Clark, Bytel, Byrnes and even Coffield in the middle to find out if they are any good.
We need a few gun mids, not more beige.

To me the list quality ladder goes

GWS- stars across the list.
Collingwood- stars across the list, good age profiles
Geelong- stars across the list some high quality youth and top end seniors
WCE- stars across the board but a bit lesser down the bottom
Essendon- stars across the list consistently underperform
Richmond- a few stars and lots of grunt, play system footy
Brisbane- rising list with some coming on, most quality is youth
Dogs- a bit unbalanced but probably the best midfield in the AFL
Port- lots of good kids coming through, some stars all through the list, hard to get a read on
Dees- look good on paper, look terrible on the field
North- some stars some youth, still look a few players off finals
GC- lots of incredible youth, lack top end and experience but rising fast
Saints- not much in the high end and mostly young. A bit even with no real stars
Hawks- Look unbalanced but still have some guns and older quality to teach the youth
Fremantle- Look like they are a bit young but have some high quality in the older end
Carlton- constant teases, they have a potential Brownlow winner but not much else. Lots of GOPs
Sydney- in rebuild with some good kids and some worn older players
Adelaide- Look mentally and physically shot with not much coming up underneath and plenty of older players looking out on their feet

Our midfield has been our achillies heal for 10 years we have desparately need more quality. I would be going after Brad Crouch as a free agent and attempting to get 2 x 1st round picks in this years draft. Crouch will carry us through whilst the kids develop.
Watched much of Crouch at Adelaide recently?

Our midfield has been our achillies heal for 10 years we have desparately needed more quality. I would be going after Brad Crouch as a free agent and attempting to get 2 x 1st round picks in this years draft. Crouch will carry us through whilst the kids develop.

feel the same. i don't think we have a choice.

i mean remember when richmond had tuck. wasn't a world beater but he allowed the next gen to settle in and for them to be competitive.

Our midfield has been our achillies heal for 10 years we have desparately needed more quality. I would be going after Brad Crouch as a free agent and attempting to get 2 x 1st round picks in this years draft. Crouch will carry us through whilst the kids develop.
Too desperate IS
We wanna see what Bytel has to offer first. He was a massive ball pig, but with elite disposal unlike Crouch.
We also don't want to lose our 2021 first, as reports are it will be a s***hot draft year.
Just my opinion of course, but Caldwell should be a higher priority than another first round pick. If he goes to the Cats then we go after Constable, but again I wanna see Bytel first.

With an emphasis on class, I'm campaigning for Williams over Crouch as you'd know.
Take the pick we get for Seb, roll in some later or future picks, and somehow get Caldwell.
Use our first pick on the best available mid, or trade it into 2021 at a whopping profit and take one or two in the second round a-la Longy and Battle.

I reckon those Crows lads are carrying the footy plague.
I don't want any of them thanks very much. Not whilst we're still fumigating from the last batch of it..

We've been saying that about Geelong since 2011

Too desperate IS
We wanna see what Bytel has to offer first. He was a massive ball pig, but with elite disposal unlike Crouch.
We also don't want to lose our 2021 first, as reports are it will be a s***hot draft year.
Just my opinion of course, but Caldwell should be a higher priority than another first round pick. If he goes to the Cats then we go after Constable, but again I wanna see Bytel first.

With an emphasis on class, I'm campaigning for Williams over Crouch as you'd know.
Take the pick we get for Seb, roll in some later or future picks, and somehow get Caldwell.
Use our first pick on the best available mid, or trade it into 2021 at a whopping profit and take one or two in the second round a-la Longy and Battle.

I don't want any of them thanks very much. Not whilst we're still fumigating from the last batch of it..
We cant afford to pin all our hopes on Bytel. Just as likely he'll be a failure than a quality player unfortunately.

Crouch wouldn't cost us a draft pick so makes sense.

I like the idea of going hard at Caldwell.

Even Constable wouldn't be a bad cheap pick up.

We cant afford to pin all our hopes on Bytel. Just as likely he'll be a failure than a quality player unfortunately.

Crouch wouldn't cost us a draft pick so makes sense.

I like the idea of going hard at Caldwell.

Even Constable wouldn't be a bad cheap pick up.
I'm certainly not pinning my hopes on Bytel, but with him and Kyrnes yet to be seen I think it would be fool hardy to commit that kind of money to a one dimensional guy with not very good disposal like Crouch, who'd then be in the way of those younger guys, particularly Bytel.

Things are going to tighten up list wise. Lower numbers and lower SC, a few guys on good money already, and a bunch of very promising kids that will need to be paid soon so as they don't stray.

Crouch's ability to get the ball isn't matched by his ability to give it off. To me that's a no-no.
Or at least, not for the kind of dollars and length of contract he'll be after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm certainly not pinning my hopes on Bytel, but with him and Kyrnes yet to be seen I think it would be fool hardy to commit that kind of money to a one dimensional guy with not very good disposal like Crouch, who'd then be in the way of those younger guys, particularly Bytel.

Things are going to tighten up list wise. Lower numbers and lower SC, a few guys on good money already, and a bunch of very promising kids that will need to be paid soon so as they don't stray.

Crouch's ability to get the ball isn't matched by his ability to give it off. To me that's a no-no.
I don't think it would.

Either way their best footy is still some time away and if they are as good as we hope they'll play whether Crouch is there or not.

I don't think he's going to demand an outrageous salary and the fact we keep our first rounder is ideal.

Thats the thing with Crouch for me - either Crouch really. At the price they cost, they just don't have enough hurt factor.

Not sure why you can’t have all 3. I’m confused

Thats the thing with Crouch for me - either Crouch really. At the price they cost, they just don't have enough hurt factor.
They do when they have quality around them.

They were huge in the Crows 2017 grand final year when they had quality players around them to dish it out to.

We need a strong contested ball winner to dish it out to Hill, Billings and the like. Both are better than that than anyone we currently have.

Last edited:
They do when they have quality around them.

They were huge in the Crows 2017 grand final year when they had quality players around them to dish it out to.

We need a strong contested ball winner to dish it out to Hill, Billings and the like. Both are better than that than anyone we currently have.
We need him or the like because common sense suggests only one of Byrnes or bytel will be any good maybe even one is a bit of luck. They are high draft picks and most don’t make it. Even if both do there is still a spot for crouch.

Too desperate IS

I watch all of GWS games and what they put up of their scratch matches and would have a lot of their midfielders ahead of Caldwell at this time. He plays a lot smaller than his height and is not quick.

I watch all of GWS games and what they put up of their scratch matches and would have a lot of their midfielders ahead of Caldwell at this time. He plays a lot smaller than his height and is not quick.
Caldwell is pretty quick mate.

What do you mean he plays smaller than his height?

So what would Ian hill, Caldwell and constable cost?

Hill - late second/early third
Caldwell - mid to late first
Constable - second/third

Getting Caldwell and another would be huge, but probably takes our first and a future second.

Means no more picks to trade. Which means if we want to improve our midfield nowwe need to trade players for players/picks or free agency.

Without trading Ross or carlisle, we have no players with significant value to be ontraded for other players, meaning we need free agency.

Surely we're after crouch or Williams pretty hard then.

Caldwell at this stage is no more than 2nd rounder out contract ,Giants will want more stuff em.

Constable good footballer would be offering exactly the same as Geelong gave for Steven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back