List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Bytel and Byrnes were in best players, or often in best two in scratch matches, is quoted on here often. Can anyone please clarify which scratch matches? Were these pre-season ones, or ones in Queensland at training, or in scratch matches in reserve teams against other clubs? We watched a lot of the training scratch matches on the Sunshine Coast and we wouldn't have said that from these. Can anyone clarify?
It's an urban myth

Hahahahaha this is the kind of shit that passes for trade hypothesis on the Dunkley thread in main board.

Essendon and Carlton trying to satisfy Dogs, what could possible go wrong?

Jokers

Hahahahaha this is the kind of sh*t that passes for trade hypothesis on the Dunkley thread in main board.

Essendon and Carlton trying to satisfy Dogs, what could possible go wrong?

Jokers

I hope the Dogs hold Dodo's feet in the flames, I dont get the crap that Dodo puts up. I know he is trying to save his skin, but it never works. Its not like their list is stella, but the AFL media eat it up!!!! He will cave and they will say how the Dons had a trade period equal or better too our last year, and that they are on there way up... Then next year the AFL media will talk about how we are going to go backwards and the Dons are on the way up, and none of it will turn out this way.

How does this just keep happening!

Close to nothing. Hind, Dunkley, Wright & Caldwell for Daniher, Saad & Fantasia would be a fairly decent effort. I hope Hind stays with us and cements a running half back spot personally, but he'll probably get more of a gig with the Bombers I suppose. Shame.
Looks like a good result but realistically its deck chairs on the Titanic.

Dunkley gives them the inside grunt they need but jeez you saw the difference Daniher made to their forward line and Wright can't even get a game for GWS. Plus there's McKernan who played 9 games this year as a tall forward.

Hind for Saad - nope?

Caldwell - purely potential. Dangerous game locking in paying $500k a year based on potential.

As for how the Dunkley trading may work out - the big winner will be the Doggies. They will lose Dunkley for a fair bit, get Treloar for not a lot.

So whats been happening the past few days - back from the bush and see that as expected we've got Crouch.

Upgraded Abbott for McKernan - sensible move - another cheap tall back up who'll be happy playing for Sandy but is capable enough to fill injury gaps. Much better player than 2MP - good decision.

So what's the goss - anything else happening?

So whats been happening the past few days - back from the bush and see that as expected we've got Crouch.

Upgraded Abbott for McKernan - sensible move - another cheap tall back up who'll be happy playing for Sandy but is capable enough to fill injury gaps. Much better player than 2MP - good decision.

Heeney is basically locked in 🥳
We’ve ruled out treloar but also we haven’t 🤔
Adam Cooney is still doing his mega trade thing apparently by popular demand 🤯
You may find this one hard to believe but Dodo is being unreasonable with all the trades he needs to get done

The fact that Bytel and Byrnes were in best players, or often in best two in scratch matches, is quoted on here often. Can anyone please clarify which scratch matches? Were these pre-season ones, or ones in Queensland at training, or in scratch matches in reserve teams against other clubs? We watched a lot of the training scratch matches on the Sunshine Coast and we wouldn't have said that from these. Can anyone clarify?
The reserves team scratch matches. The website articles often had them both as the best players in those games.

Not much, if he was younger you can sell on potential but hes 26 so what you see is as good as he gets. It will be late 3rd max imo

He's 26 but played very few games still. You would still be finding your feet even if you are mature.

A very small chance we are in on Treloar.
Looking at Higgins from Richmond but he hasn't officially requested a trade yet.
Hind to Essendon all but locked in.
Lonie to the Dogs still a good chance.
Potential for Dunstan and Webster to move but nothing clear there just yet.
Carlisle looks like staying after all.

Heard two bits of info from a mate who was told them from separate sources.

One was that Hind is going to Essendon but the deal hasn’t been sorted out.

The other was that Treloar’s camp has told the Bulldogs to trade for him

He naturally didn’t name the sources so I have no idea how questionable they are (or himself as a mad doggies fan), but thought I’d pass it on for a conversation starter.
If we did trade Hind, what would we expect back in return?

I just can't see how Essendon will get Hind done. They are locking down with GWS, Carlton and Port, unless we are super keen to dump him and accept nothing I can't see it getting done. He'd be on minimum money so unless we were going to de-list him any way he probably ends up staying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very small chance we are in on Treloar.
Looking at Higgins from Richmond but he hasn't officially requested a trade yet.
Hind to Essendon all but locked in.
Lonie to the Dogs still a good chance.
Potential for Dunstan and Webster to move but nothing clear there just yet.
Carlisle looks like staying after all.

I heard that the Dogs had a another small forward lined up and that might make Lonie less desirable. Webster was being talked about to a couple of clubs (including the Dogs) but it seems to have died down lately.

I heard that the Dogs had a another small forward lined up and that might make Lonie less desirable. Webster was being talked about to a couple of clubs (including the Dogs) but it seems to have died down lately.
If Dogs are out on Lonie, wouldnt surprise me of Carlton ask the question. They are desperate for one.

Who is the bigger spud? 2MP or DGorringe?

Gorringe was pretty bad, played 26 games for 2 bottom clubs. He bagged 2MP last year saying you get given plenty of time if you're over 2 meters tall even if you don't have talent or words to that effect.

If Dogs are out on Lonie, wouldnt surprise me of Carlton ask the question. They are desperate for one.

Cash would be tight there now. I think Lonie is on decent money still.

I've got Brynes & Bytel in my best 22, at the minute. That means that our midfield depth, would be thin, especially as expected, that Dunstan is traded. Wouldn't be relying on just Phillips & Sinclair as back ups. Thus why, Higgins & Treloar would be awesome.
I'd love to see your 22 if you don't mind sharing.

I can't see how we fit those two in.

If we are prepared to trade Lonie and Hind I hope that means we have Higgins coming in, having Parker (Who i like) and Kent as our only options isn't a great position to be in. Maybe we could use Sinclair there not sure where he fits in our team anymore.

I'm surprised that the Bulldogs delisted Billy Gowers, his first year was super impressive and was going pretty well last year before injury. Decent contested mark and good goal sense, I hope someone picks him up.

I'm also curious on why people think 2MP is suddenly a spud? He is a bloody good contested mark and has kicked something like 80 goals in the last 5 seasons in a crap team and can pinch hit in the ruck. Was it just Bing that kept him out or is there some underlying factors I am unaware of?

d4kus1k-5b52f52f-28b3-463b-9cd4-340aa56d53a6.gif

I just can't see how Essendon will get Hind done. They are locking down with GWS, Carlton and Port, unless we are super keen to dump him and accept nothing I can't see it getting done. He'd be on minimum money so unless we were going to de-list him any way he probably ends up staying.
Hind is DFA material, Essendon won’t offer anything... maybe a 4th or 5th swap to make a smooth transfer.

Heard two bits of info from a mate who was told them from separate sources.

One was that Hind is going to Essendon but the deal hasn’t been sorted out.

The other was that Treloar’s camp has told the Bulldogs to trade for him

He naturally didn’t name the sources so I have no idea how questionable they are (or himself as a mad doggies fan), but thought I’d pass it on for a conversation starter.
If we did trade Hind, what would we expect back in return?

I don't get why the Dogs would want Trealor or the Bombers Hind tbh. The dogs are possibly loosing Dunkley because he has to play out of position (as do Bont and Macrea enough to be noticeable) and the bombers have more than a few short people already. Seems the dogs and the bombers have issues in most other areas except for inside midfielders and small forwards/outside runners respectively to me. Guess it's not like I watch either side intently though.

In a lot of trade hypotheticals, Saad is seemingly valued at the same price as Dunkley on the trade table.

Does anyone else find this crazy? Surely Dunkley is worth substantially more than Saad in a trade.
Any player leaving Essendon is ‘worth’ 4x their actual value...

I mean what they refused for Daniher last year was laughable and now they are apparently baulking at pick 29 for Fantasia who killed it this year with 1 goal in the 5 games he managed when he wasn’t injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back