Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands..

1 - Hornet
20 - Wilmott
42 - Dean
47 - Liam Ryan/Neon Leon/Wizard Farmer clone.

Now that Adelaide have shown their hand with their opening offer for pick 1. Is there any realistic scenario where we fleece the crows for pick 4 and a bunch of future picks which we then on-trade to GC for pick 3 and walk out with Callaghan and Gibcus or other. And if this was realistic, would we do it? Or is this totally out of the realms.

They would have had to offer, 4,18,2022 R1 + thilthorpe.

That would have made it interesting, personally there is a reason they are offering the world for this kid.

A million dollars to the draft genius who can work out the best strategy to package up our picks 42 and upwards to gain another pick in the first round!!
Second round is easy. target dogs pick 23 or the pies pick 27.
Bid on the club that wont deal with us.
Push our 40s picks up. With a bid on the other clubs player.
Then trade.

A million dollars to the draft genius who can work out the best strategy to package up our picks 42 and upwards to gain another pick in the first round!!
Next years first, 42, 47, etc for Freos 8 & 22.

I’ll PM you my bank details..

They would have had to offer, 4,18,2022 R1 + thilthorpe.

That would have made it interesting, personally there is a reason they are offering the world for this kid.

I would personally take 4+Thilthorpe tbh. We were going to read his name out at "2" last year. He will be some player. Grab Gibcus/Andrew and never have to worry about KPPs for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that true?
Gumby was onto something here.

Are we due for an Arthur? I'm guessing the last Arthur we had at North was Arthur Karanicolas in the '60s?

The Krakouer bros were from Mt Barker as well. Not sure who the last player we had from there would be?

... and yes, I do have too much free time at the moment :)

NGA MISS LEAVES WINGMAN UP FOR GRABS
West Australian wingman Arthur Jones will be available in the main NAB AFL Draft pool after it emerged West Coast did not sign him as a Next Generation Academy prospect.
There has been recent interest in Jones from AFL clubs since an eye-catching performance for WA in the under-19s clash against South Australia on Grand Final day.

The 18-year-old Claremont youngster also enjoyed a strong end to his school and WAFL colts seasons, leading to a club invite for him to test at the Draft Combine next week.

It had been assumed by clubs that West Coast would have priority access to Jones, who grew up in Mt Barker in WA's south and was part of the club's NGA zone, but he was not locked in before his 17th year as required under Academy rules.

It is not clear if the Eagles were set on drafting Jones, who was well-known to them, but it is now likely they will face competition for the Wesley College student, whose mix of speed and endurance has recruiters interested as a late selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back