Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Xerri goes, we will be looking at another ruckman according to Brady. Toby Conway would probably be our best option here
Conway easily the best pure ruckman in this draft class and likely to fall down the order due to the nature of the position. I think most clubs have their young rucks sorted so he could be a shrewd pick late and we seem to love the Falcons footy factory in recent times. Don’t know we draft a ruck in the ND though.

Conway easily the best pure ruckman in this draft class and likely to fall down the order due to the nature of the position. I think most clubs have their young rucks sorted so he could be a shrewd pick late and we seem to love the Falcons footy factory in recent times. Don’t know we draft a ruck in the ND though.
Yeah, can't see us drafting another young Ruckman either, but you never know which way they are thinking.

A delisted Campbell would mean that this situation doesn’t even exist imo, but if they have big doubts on Xerri, then trading for a young guy in the 20-25 age bracket is probably a must in the next couple of years.

Williamstown’s Charlie Dean called up to AFL draft combine
Towners coach Justin Plapp says his emerging defender is capable of going on to play in the AFL.

2 min read
September 7, 2021 - 2:00PM
Leader

Emerging Williamstown defender Charlie Dean’s strong season has been recognised with an AFL draft combine call-up.

Dean, 20, is the only player from the VFL to be invited to the testing.

He was among a bunch of players added to the combine list on September 2.

Dean played in the NAB League for the Sandringham Dragons, having a 19-year-old season in 2019, and joined Williamstown last year.

In his nine matches this year he averaged 14.8 possessions and 7.3 marks.

“I hadn’t had a lot to do with him before but I couldn’t have been more impressed with what he was able to do this year,’’ Seagulls coach Justin Plapp said of the 195cm Dean.

“His performances were at a really high quality.

“He’s a hardworking kid, his IQ is as good as I’ve seen in a young player, probably up there with Bayley Fritsch, and he’s a competitive bugger, doesn’t like to get beaten.

“His intercept marking, his ability to read the ball and mark it, particularly deep in defence at different times, was a real highlight for us.

“His kicking is good too. He kicks the ball as well as any big bloke you’ll see, kicks it hard and kicks it flat.’’

Plapp added: “I think he’s got a really bright future. I think Charlie can play at AFL level and play really good football, that’s how high I rate him.’’

Dean is among the favourites for the VFL’s Fothergill Round Mitchell Medal, awarded each year to a “likely player’’ (Fritsch won the award under Plapp’s coaching in 2017).

The past 14 recipients went on to play in the AFL.

Plapp said he could recall Dean training briefly at Melbourne ahead of the 2019 season and “being a really underdeveloped kid’’.

“Now he’s turned into a man and he’s physically ready to play. He’s put a lot of work into his footy and he deserves everything he gets,’’ he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a fairly good chance to be available at our picks in the 40's IMO Lig
Really? I thought I saw a phantom draft where he was taken around 30? Maybe I got it wrong. PSICOSIS IM SCARED HE WILL BE TAKEN 😭😭😭😭

keep a night light on when you go to bed
Hell no I don’t wanna see a tall figure at the end of my bed lol i get so paranoid if my wardrobe is even a tiny bit open 😩

I reckon we'll try and go for 2 talls in the backline this draft, 1 key back and an interceptor or a mix of both.
Dean, Aleer and others would really fill out this crucial need for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back