List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Lewis Taylor to the rookie list frees up a draft spot, and takes his salary out of the cap? Is that what happens here?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure what ronke has done to deserve to be employed by an AFL club
Had a ripping first season off the rookie list. Then did ok in his second despite being in a bottom 4 team. Then got injured. If you join the whipping boy bandwagon then you will tend to not see the logic in these kind of decisions.

It is likely that we are now running a senior list of 37 players with the re-signing we made today. In that case, we will go to the draft with 4 picks 16, 31, 39 and 70 and use three of them to get to 37 spots. That will then leave 3 spots to be filled on the rookie list (2 Cat A's and 1 Cat B) via the rookie draft.

If we have signed Clarke for next year which no one knows is the case, we will go into next year with a senior list of 38, 3 picks in the National Draft and only two picks in the rookie draft (1 Cat A and 1 Cat B).

It is likely that we are now running a senior list of 37 players with the re-signing we made today. In that case, we will go to the draft with 4 picks 16, 31, 39 and 70 and use three of them to get to 37 spots. That will then leave 3 spots to be filled on the rookie list (2 Cat A's and 1 Cat B) via the rookie draft.

If we have signed Clarke for next year which no one knows is the case, we will go into next year with a senior list of 38, 3 picks in the National Draft and only two picks in the rookie draft (1 Cat A and 1 Cat B).
I can't see us using Pick 70, so I would surmise that Clarke is already signed.

Having said that, I'm still not entirely clear on Bell either.

Its frustrating being a Swans member sometimes. I'm not quite sure why the media department can't offer a little more clarity on who will be sticking around next year.

Today is the day for the first official list lodgement and we've obviously announced 3 re-signings.
Given there has been no mention of Clarke with regard to delisting or re-signing I'd suggest it's reasonable to assume he'll be with us next season.

My guess is he was initially signed for 3 years (as per Taylor) rather than the 2 years (as per Gray).

The Hun has posted at least a couple of articles on out-of-contract players and Clarke has always been absent from that list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 picks makes me wonder if there is a belief Anderson might go in the main draft

4 picks makes me wonder if there is a belief Anderson might go in the main draft

As a senior list can be up to 38 players in size we currently have 4 spots available to reach that number.

As it's likely that our list size next year will be 37 in size, therefore we would only need to use three picks. Taking 4 picks into the draft allows us another pick to live trade on the night. Pick 70 with all the F/S bids could become a pick in the 50's and be of more value on the night if we want to move up in the draft.

As he's in the delistings this year I figured I'd put it here instead of the former players thread.

Kaiden Brand showing a fair bit more class than Sam Gray.

He says the COVID-impacted 2020 and 2021 seasons did make it difficult but holds no ill-will towards the Swans.

“Nah, I saw the writing the wall for a little bit there,” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.
“The last couple of years had been pretty different in terms of how footy has looked. I guess when you’re playing in the reserves, especially through the last couple of years.
“It’s been pretty hard to crack in when games get cancelled and things like that. I certainly saw the writing on the wall and I was ready for it.”

“In terms of games played it’s not the most successful career, but I certainly appreciate the opportunity I was given by both those clubs,” he added.
“The two clubs I was at have probably been two of the strongest clubs in terms of performance and culture over the last 20 years.
“A lot of the things I was able to experience, there’s no way in hell I would have experienced that stuff without being at a footy club. I’m really appreciative of it.”

Apparently we are into Polec
i don't believe you ron burgundy.gif

AFL website;
Polec left Port Adelaide and joined North Melbourne on lucrative contract at the end of 2018. He signed a five-year deal at the time reported to be somewhere near the $3.5 million mark.
Which explains;
NORTH Melbourne has made the shock decision to delist high-priced recruit Jared Polec, but the club says it is committed to taking him in next month's NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

Taylor to rookie list means that $80k of his pay is not included in TPP. I'd say that would indicate he has the highest pay of those signed today.

Others likely to be on absolutely base wage with match payments and incentives.....structually this move makes sense from a TPP perspective, but still not sure Ronke will be in a different position in 2022/23 as he is inferior to wicks in pressure sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back