List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think that a high profile Vic Metro midfielder is a red flag

Went to DraftGuru (https://www.draftguru.com.au/clubs/adelaide) to see if this notion that Vic Metro private school players are a flight risk holds up, and to be honest we've had a really unfortunate run with Sandringham Dragons

9 Sandringham players picked up in the national draft
  • Brent Williams (1995, #18) - bust
  • David Gallagher (1998, #32) - bust
  • Fergus Watts (2003, #14, Wesley College) - bust
  • Myke Cook (2007, #38) - bust
  • Jack Gunston (2009, #29, Haileybury College) - great pick at 29, for Hawthorn
  • Jarryd Lyons (2010, #61, De La Selle College Malvern) - amazing pick, our fault we gave him away
  • Harry Dear (2014, #58, St Bede's College) - bust
  • Fischer McAsey (2019, #6, Caulfield Grammar) TBD
  • Josh Worrell (2019, #28, Haileybury) TBD
In comparison Calder Cannons have delivered us Brent Reilly, Richard Douglas, Daniel Talia, ROB, and more recently Sholl

Last edited:
I think a lot of people on this forum believe we've had better picks than we actually have had.

A guy like Gallucci was a bust, but that's not unusual for a pick 15. Those sorts of picks don't guarantee elite talent.

In the last decade we've only had three top 10 picks, and only one in the top 5 (though we traded down from 4 to 6). In that zone for elite talent, that's not many attempts
I am happy to consider splitting picks not because I don't trust the recruiters, more that I think we need as many opportunities to get elite talent as we can.

If someone is desperate for a certain player at a certain pick then why not.

That being said I guess it depends on the draft.

Watching the Sandy Dragons vs GWV Rebels game, Saints NGA Mitch Owens looking good along with Blake Howes for the Dragons, for the Rebels Ben Hobbs finding plenty of footy and mercurial medium forward Kai Lohmann showing off his athleticism with several big grabs and a goal.

Early in the 2nd Dragons 3 straight lead the Rebels 2.3

Charlie Molan getting busy this quarter, looks very draftable.

I think we will be one silly win against Hawks last week from getting pick 1 and a Jason Horne. Some may say finishing last is not good for Culture but getting elite talent into the club is what builds culture .
Spot on.

Another spoon, who cares? If we won a spoon on the back of 5 or 6 wins, it's pretty obviously progress given last year's cluster **** of a season. Two elite SA kids.

Hawks in the early to mid 2000s like your post.

From today's game at Mars Stadium Ben Hobbs was his usual hard at it mid again hitting the scoreboard, medium forward Kai Lohmann again put up a highlight reel performance with his aerial ability and X factor clearly on show for all to see, Mr/ consistency Charlie Molan another good no frills game covering plenty of terra firma and Sam Breuer another that had a good game. For the Dragons very impressed with 3rd tall forward type Blake Howes another with good athleticism and good skill set, 201cm Tall Dante Visentini impressive up forward and in the Ruck a real good mover and skills look very good, Saints NGA Mitch Owens and Eren Soylemez both caught the eye with their craftiness especially the latter.

I think we will be one silly win against Hawks last week from getting pick 1 and a Jason Horne. Some may say finishing last is not good for Culture but getting elite talent into the club is what builds culture .

If there is one lesson to take out of the last two decades it is that elite talent doesn't improve culture at all. That's just desperate PR from loser clubs, such as Carlton celebrating their 3 pick 1s. If it was so easy, why are Gold Coast still at the bottom, despite having some of the most talented players to walk into an AFL set up in the past decade? Why did Melbourne, Carlton, Saints, and Brisbane fail rebuilds, all boasting their own claims to really talented players?

Elite talents do not build shit on their own, they are merely a response to a team sorting shit out, and a bit of luck. Good cultures make elite talents live up to their potential, and become valuable. Bad cultures destroy any semblance of that elite talent.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is one lesson to take out of the last two decades it is that elite talent doesn't improve culture at all. That's just desperate PR from loser clubs, such as Carlton celebrating their 3 pick 1s. If it was so easy, why are Gold Coast still at the bottom, despite having some of the most talented players to walk into an AFL set up in the past decade? Why did Melbourne, Carlton, Saints, and Brisbane fail rebuilds?

Elite talents do not build sh*t on their own, they are merely a response to a team sorting sh*t out, and a bit of luck. Good cultures make elite talents live up to their potential, and become valuable. Bad cultures destroy any semblance of that elite talent.
Fantastic post.

181cm
Weight77kg
Current TeamGeelong Falcons
BirthdayJanuary 8, 2003

Try 193cm, wherever you got that it's incorrect.

Surely looking at that pic you can see that...I've seen him play live he ain't 181cm...far from it. Towers over Ben Hobbs who is around 184cm.

Try 193cm, wherever you got that it's incorrect.

Surely looking at that pic you can see that...I've seen him play live he ain't 181cm...far from it. Towers over Ben Hobbs who is around 184cm.
Yep was from the start of the year.

That means he has grown 12cm in 4 months

Yep was from the start of the year.

That means he has grown 12cm in 4 months
No it means that height is incorrect, I saw him play locally here in Ballarat at CE Brown Reserve Wendouree in round 2, he's at least 10cm taller than Ben Hobbs who he matched up on at times. Your Google search is just plain incorrect.

eDPS put this fella straight it seems he won't take my word for it.

No it means that height is incorrect, I saw him play locally here in Ballarat at CE Brown Reserve Wendouree in round 2, he's at least 10cm taller than Ben Hobbs who he matched up on at times. Your Google search is just plain incorrect.

eDPS put this fella straight it seems he won't take my word for it.
Dont be a ****head

Take it up with afldraft page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back