List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate JVR but to be fair Amiss had a knee injury in the finals.

You make a great point about JVR having better stats that Amiss.

We do need to consider that JVR had glandular fever and Amiss was travelling 100's of km.

Amiss rate of improvement is greater than JVR.

Both seem to have pros and cons.

I’ve watched both and see Amiss’s forward game translating to AFL level far better than JVR’s forward game.

KPFs who are undersized and are poor athletically rarely make it at AFL level and certainly don’t go top 15 in the draft. JVR will be snapped up between 17-25 by a club that needs a key defender. Amiss won’t get past 15 if he gets past us.

JVR is very similar to Oscar Allen, and could be developed at both ends of the ground.
Amiss projects as that 2-3 tall forward only.
That 194cm height is very in-between, you can see though the difference Treacy brings.
Guy has more aggression and tackling ability than most to compensate.
It’s very hard to predict the 192-195cm forwards ceiling.
You rarely get a Kennedy, Franklin so you have to have diversity in the forward line.
I remember the Hawks failed with a few tall picks in the top ten. Yet still persevered later with Franklin, Roughead.
I will be disappointed if we don’t add a couple of forward options, but that doesn’t have to be first round.
We tried to be clever in trading for them, but that list of players
is clearly embarrassing.
None had the physicality or mental toughness to succeed.

Amiss’s height ‘upgraded’ to 196cm according to knightmares latest rankings. Not sure if that changes your perspective on things?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Amiss’s height ‘upgraded’ to 196cm according to knightmares latest rankings. Not sure if that changes your perspective on things?

I’d take Erasmus, if not available then Johnson with Amiss at 10😜
But I would not be surprised if Andrew is available we take him instead of Jye.
Gibcus is also the one that appears to have slid, Sheldrick is the new flavour of the month.

The pic on the dockers page of the WA draft boys standing, Amiss doesn’t appear much taller than Johnson but Bunnings does (use the brick wall as a guide)

wouldn't want to draft these short arses today

Bob Skilton 171cm
Tony Buhagiur 161cm
Darrel Baldock 179cm
Ron Barassi 179cm
Eddie Betts 174cm
Bill Walker 172cm
Barry Cable 168cm
Hadyn Bunton Snr 179cm

Don't forget that this is the guy who said that drafting Brayshaw was a mistake (has he ever conceded on that one?) and who doesn't rate Serong because he's not Tom Green.

I remember he still hadn’t put Neale in his top 10 a few years after the 2011 draft. I called him on it & he just doubled down, said he didn’t rate him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember he still hadn’t put Neale in his top 10 a few years after the 2011 draft. I called him on it & he just doubled down, said he didn’t rate him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting because his comments on selling Serong short were that Tom Green is and would be a much better player once they got the same opportunity. That happened this year and Serong equalled or beat him in basically everything. Serong smashed him in metres gained meaning that Tom Green is like a less impactful Caleb Serong.

wouldn't want to draft these short arses today

Bob Skilton 171cm
Tony Buhagiur 161cm
Darrel Baldock 179cm
Ron Barassi 179cm
Eddie Betts 174cm
Bill Walker 172cm
Barry Cable 168cm
Hadyn Bunton Snr 179cm
Humans are getting bigger. It happens in times of prosperity over generations. I look at my (step) daughter who is just about as tall as me (178) and her partner (200cm) and their friends and they look like a different species.

Sure it doesn't matter how tall you are when you've got heart and skill but if someone has equal heart and skill and has 25cm and 10kg on you but can run just as fast and move just as quickly who is going to win the ball in most contests?

Imagine trying to beat Dustin Martin or Nat Fyfe one on one to get a footy? I don't think I could too often even when I was their age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey says As Richmond is interested in Amiss, Dockers may grab him at 8

If we truly rate Amiss we need to take him with our first pick. If a player falls past Richmond to our pick 10 like Johnson or Erasmus I don't think we can go wrong. But if Amiss is preferred there I only one of him.

If we truly rate Amiss we need to take him with our first pick. If a player falls past Richmond to our pick 10 like Johnson or Erasmus I don't think we can go wrong. But if Amiss is preferred there I only one of him.
It’s a bit like the Pavlich/Hasleby draft.

Richmond wanted a midfielder and they had pick 3 and we had pick 2 and 4.

We selected Hasleby at pick 2 and Richmond picked Fiora. Then we got the great big nose of all the time.

Might be better with Amiss at 8 and then the best available at pick 10 most likely a mid.

It’s a bit like the Pavlich/Hasleby draft.

Richmond wanted a midfielder and they had pick 3 and we had pick 2 and 4.

We selected Hasleby at pick 2 and Richmond picked Fiora. Then we got the great big nose of all the time.

Might be better with Amiss at 8 and then the best available at pick 10 most likely a mid.
The great big nose?? I've never played AFL.

We may not be fixated on Amiss, but if Richmond are we can profit.

TRADE
8, 21
For
9, 15, 29

That weights in our favour, but it gets Richmond Amiss, and the magic pick 21.

DRAFT
Erasmus, Johnson, JVR, Motlop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back