• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
When is the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft?
The evening of Wednesday, June 2, in the week following round 11. Nominations for eligible players opens at 9am AEST on Monday, May 10 and close at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, May 25.

Watch all the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft picks LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on AFL.com.au
and the AFL Live Official App from 6.30pm AEST on Wednesday, June 2

Nicks today saying if the right player is there we may have up to 3 picks
In the mid season draft

he mentioned small forward role and quick midfielder as options they were focusing on

no mention of ruck

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm pretty sure Luke Brown and Bernie Vince didn't miss out in their first draft. Sloane and Butts didn't.

I think it's 100% certain we'll leave spots open after we're done with this one though.

Bernie matured late and was drafted at 20/21, unsure if he nominated prior.

Luke Brown was on our radar after a late tip off in his first draft year. But we hadn’t seen enough to draft him.

He then had a really strong year for Norwood seniors and as an overager I believe in the U18 champs.

He was definitely available the year before and we probably would have got him a lot cheaper than coming as a preselection via Giants in the Minidraft trade.

Word at the time was the Giants offered MD pick 2 and Pick 14 for Phil Davis 1st round compo and pick 10. The runout was we opted for Brown instead of pick 14, but I’m uncertain how much truth there is to that. The Davis compo was expected to be a decent pick in 2012 until the Sando “spike” occurred.

Obviously depending on his current circumstances, and I don't think we would do it, but I'd love to see us back in Stengle and grab him. He's exactly what we need and a good age bracket. You would just have to be prepared to dump him again if he messes up. Not sure how his relationship with the club is

Obviously depending on his current circumstances, and I don't think we would do it, but I'd love to see us back in Stengle and grab him. He's exactly what we need and a good age bracket. You would just have to be prepared to dump him again if he messes up. Not sure how his relationship with the club is
The chances of this happening are significantly less than zero.

You can't redraft players you delisted.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No one drafted Rory Sloane, no one drafted Luke Brown, no one drafted Bernie Vince, no one drafted Jordon Butts.

Nabbing a bit of currency probably not the worst idea even if we don't see a future for them on our list.

Just hope we don't leave list spots vacant

no one drafted Shane McAdam or Tim Kelly.

but for me, what exactly did Nick Murray do in the intervening years to convince that his non-drafting was a mistake?

we suddenly decided he was good enough, and it looks like he just might be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word at the time was the Giants offered MD pick 2 and Pick 14 for Phil Davis 1st round compo and pick 10. The runout was we opted for Brown instead of pick 14, but I’m uncertain how much truth there is to that.

There was never any public word or rumour to that end that I ever heard

I can’t believe that is true as it massively undervalued md2

massively

not to mention massively over valuing Luke Brown

Some media reports are saying (I think it was Twomey) that there might only be a dozen or so picks, total?

Seems light on for what is essentially a free hit.
The problem will be what contracts players put on themselves. If a player puts put an 18 month contract requirement then it's basically saying "You need to delist someone to keep this guy" which I imagine many teams would be hesitant to do.

Watch a lot of Crows games Cal? Pretty sure that’s Luke Brown not Riley Knight

And that’s one of our leading football Journo’s...

View attachment 1137698
I'd say that's an editor at fault there rather than Cal. He'd just be submitting text and let others piece it all together for the website.

Is there an award for worst post of the year?

Now, Vader, you're just being silly: you know that a probability must be a number between 0 and 1. ;)

But, yes, the probability is zero because doing so would make the club look like complete fools.

Agree it won't happen,
Is there an award for worst post of the year?

Thanks. I know it won't happen. I rated the bloke as a player and I'm disappointed because he's what we need right now. Is that okay with you sir?

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Mid season draft (June 2nd)

Back