Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what sh!ts me as much as anything?

This post game talk about GWS 'found a way to win'. That they bravely 'gutsed it out'.

BS. They did nothing but lay back and cross their fingers. They do not deserve a place in week 2 of the finals.

GWS are a very lucky team this morning.

I also suspect this robbery may change the nature of our games in future where they truly become the hunted team who dread to play us.
Even more laughable is the fact not one outlet I have seen have mentioned the fact we had both Kennedy and Mills missing. If you took Oliver and Petracca out, it’s all you would hear about.

I have just read through this thread and there were two little gems from the game that nobody seems to have commented on.
1. Gulden's slick all-in-one movement to pluck the ball out of the air and place it on his boot to actually hit a leading forward was an absolute highlight for me, and made me ask 'what the hell do we have here?'
2. As much as I despise BT's commentating, he did drop a blue line in there at one point that I am sure he had been looking for an opportunity to use. It was when someone sold some candy to Isaac Cummings...

Yesterday was a huge learning curve for a young group. They were just part of a cut throat elimination in which they outplaying the opposition for 95% of the game but were still behind and didn’t get the win. Theyl realise at that level no matter how well your going, things do no just happen for you. You need to be at the top of your game especially in finals and create your own luck. This game could be a coarse changing game for our great club , if we learnt the lessons that need to be learnt

Still shattered. We found the most cruel way to lose.

+20 inside 50s!!!

Can't believe there is a QF on right now and I couldn't care less, just so flat

We're all feeling that way mate.

I woke up this morning feeling like I had the footy fans version of a bad hangover. And trust me - I knows my hangovers!

Depressed, pissed off and completely bummed. I don't want to even think about footy until the draft. Not even sure I can muster up the strength to watch this year's granny, especially knowing that we could have been there with a chance to win it all - a real chance!

All the best to everyone who contributed to our board this year.

You know what sh!ts me as much as anything?

This post game talk about GWS 'found a way to win'. That they bravely 'gutsed it out'.

BS. They did nothing but lay back and cross their fingers. They do not deserve a place in week 2 of the finals.

GWS are a very lucky team this morning.

I also suspect this robbery may change the nature of our games in future where they truly become the hunted team who dread to play us.
Second quarter they had us backed against the wall.

Then Hogan missed 2 dead sitters. Thought the game would be over at that point.

Credit to them, it was ours to win but the Giants did everything right in the first half

Horse has done a great job with the team this year but he failed tonight
Not sure that is right. All scores in the last were ours...... we rushed the behind which ultimately beat us. We were in a winning position for half the last quarter. If we execute our goal kicking...we win. Can't see that as being Longmire's fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to say how proud I am of my son Sam. Sam runs on determination and hard work and he showed that yesterday with his tackles and contested possessions. He did his job feeding Isaac his goals. For a young player he lifted in the last quarter busting to get the win. We have all replayed over in our mind his brilliant individual effort that hit the post, thinking what might have been.
Speaking to Sam after the game they are shattered. Really shattered.
We expect Sam to be home in a couple of days, just another person in lockdown.
He knows he has some things to work on ready for next year.
We are very proud of Sams year. To be picked every week in a side full of stars is a great achievement.
For you guys in this forum, thanks for a great year! There are some good footy minds and everyone is so passionate. Sometimes the things said are painful but that’s ok.
Have a great break!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought Sam had a good game, and by extension a great year. A personal favourite of mine.

Just on Bud, the rules are different for him regarding what defenders get away with, how does his 995 goals look if he were playing in the Lockett Dunstall type eras where team defence etc not a real feature?

Sam Wicks dances through a host of defenders like they weren't there and then hits the post from point blank range?
James Bell marks the ball 20m out almost right in front and hits the post?
Buddy misses one from 50 on his favourite side with the game on the line?

Devasting.

The Giants wont beat us again for a decade or more.

repeat my earlier perspective. buddy plays from behind too often when playing deep. we are so much better hitting heeney and hayward leading to the ball than trying to hit a perfect kick over tall defenders

next season mcdonald out of the square, heeney and hayward as marking targets and buddy hff or if and when he can do it - wing.

franklin to heeney is going to work much better than heeney to franklin (apolgies to heeney2franklin)

Similar thoughts,remember when Richardson from the tigers was moved up to the wing and Daniher at Brisbane looks a lot better player playing further up the ground.

One positive.

2018 Melbourne just made the 8 and went on a tear, just to be beaten by the eventual premier.
Max Gawn talked about how this year (2021) they weren't going to be satisfied with a few finals wins. Their positions last 2 seasons show they were satisfied.

If we win yesterday and scrape past Geelong, then to lose to Melbourne, there's a good chance we would feel more satisfied than losing yesterday.

I don't think there is a player, staff member, coach, or fan who is satisfied with how we lost. Use that disappointment to fuel us for next year.

LET'S GO BLOODS.

has anyone mentioned the non-free kick right in front that should have been paid to Hayden McLean when he got hurt? The giants defender was draped all over him. Got him very high and nowhere near the footy. How does that get missed?

Ralphyboy wonderful post. Just promise me you'll ignore the emotional shit that gets posted here if Sam mongrels one over the sideline while we're getting pumped by Norf in round 2 ;)

Actually, might be a good rule of thumb to live by for a few here, myself included. Criticism is fine, but consider who might be reading your posts.

Sam Wicks dances through a host of defenders like they weren't there and then hits the post from point blank range?
James Bell marks the ball 20m out almost right in front and hits the post?
Buddy misses one from 50 on his favourite side with the game on the line?

Devasting.

The Giants wont beat us again for a decade or more.

Meanwhile some hack called Sproule was kicking them from 55 that's when i knew it wasn't meant to be.

Meanwhile some hack called Sproule was kicking them from 55 that's when i knew it wasn't meant to be.
Hahaha. Bloody Sproule! Was thinking the same thing.

Gotta say, I can’t sit with the notion this loss is on Bell. Simply ignorant. Every player in the squad will have moments they want to take back that might have changed a one point loss. Every bombed kick into a forward line played a roll. Every missed tackle, every poor decision etc etc. we lost this one as a team, even Lewis in not individually responsible!, we lost this as a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back