Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d like to know what Horse said to the boys post game. Important speech that one.
What it should have centred around was improving on our ability to take our chances when we are controlling the game early, staying focussed through the momentum swings during the game and understanding if we are not doing those things we will cost ourselves games be it H&A or Finals and Yesterday as bad as we are feeling we have no one to blame but ourselves. Not James Bell or Sam Wicks or Buddy or Will Hayward or Isaac Heeney missing those shots, ourselves as a 22 man Team. Harsh ? No just the reality of it. Learn from it and take it into next year making it a year where we get the prize we are capable of.

What it should have centred around was improving on our ability to take our chances when we are controlling the game early, staying focussed through the momentum swings during the game and understanding if we are not doing those things we will cost ourselves games be it H&A or Finals and Yesterday as bad as we are feeling we have no one to blame but ourselves. Not James Bell or Sam Wicks or Buddy or Will Hayward or Isaac Heeney missing those shots, ourselves as a 22 man Team. Harsh ? No just the reality of it. Learn from it and take it into next year making it a year where we get the prize we are capable of.

I reckon horse didn’t say much yet

I don’t think it would have been a long speech.

Would hopefully have centred on the terrific sacrifice and effort they’ve put in this year & to use the heartbreak as motivation - because they’re a quality bunch of players that can achieve great things.

The hardest part would be addressing not only the sadness, but the creeping dread felt by the players, as most of them would be heading home to months of lockdown.

Thing is we won’t be under the radar next season and it will be a harder year , harder draw etc

Because there young I hope they just don’t think we improve because of age , we have to show up worked and ready after a big ore season

That’s where the attitude required needs to be driven home to them. Not being under the radar and having a harder draw should not be an obstacle or an excuse for them. Good sides that win flags just tick games off week in week out to get a flag regardless of soft or hard draws. That is why the notion of we are still rebuilding should be thrown out with the rubbish because that is exactly what it is. We are in a position to contend next year and if we don’t that will be very disappointing. No doubt if they are as shattered as somebody on here said they are then they must feel that as well. It’s been 5 years now of trying to get to here so now it’s time to get reward.

Lack of execution and a number of decisions cost us the game and no way I am blaming Melican but I must admit I was yelling at the TV "give it to Henney". If we are talking about being on the list for years and making poor decisions Rampe's kick was really poor too. And again I am not blaming him - the team as a whole lost end of. Just hope we learn from it.
Rampe's kick to the goal square got me so angry. Should have been popped into the 20 meter zone so it's not rushed through. ****ing basics. And I'm really not happy with Rampe's form throughout the whole year. Poor kicks, poor decisions, and not enough urgency. However he had a good game last night apart from that F50 entry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like to think of Rampe's retirement at all. Just doesn't seem right him ever being some has-been veteran being carried off on the shoulders of his team-mates.

Maybe the sky just opens up and a white beam of light appears and he just ascends when his time is up.

That’s where the attitude required needs to be driven home to them. Not being under the radar and having a harder draw should not be an obstacle or an excuse for them. Good sides that win flags just tick games off week in week out to get a flag regardless of soft or hard draws. That is why the notion of we are still rebuilding should be thrown out with the rubbish because that is exactly what it is. We are in a position to contend next year and if we don’t that will be very disappointing. No doubt if they are as shattered as somebody on here said they are then they must feel that as well. It’s been 5 years now of trying to get to here so now it’s time to get reward.
From what has been said by the players and from how they have played this season the belief is there so hopefully yesterday's loss will just make them hungrier. We just couldn't put it all together but I do think we will be better next year with all the experience the young ones have had this year. The potential is definitely there to improve even more and contend. We just missed out on the top 4 by percentage too.

Yep. Scg too small.
No longer fit for for purpose for modern footy.
Yep, need to rip out the first few rows of seats & grow that white line.
Very rare every seat is needed/utilised .. well in AFL anyway. It is the S 'C' G though, so just build another higher stand to make up for the lost capacity from front...simples, in theory! ;)

Rampe's kick to the goal square got me so angry. Should have been popped into the 20 meter zone so it's not rushed through. ******* basics. And I'm really not happy with Rampe's form throughout the whole year. Poor kicks, poor decisions, and not enough urgency. However he had a good game last night apart from that F50 entry.
Yep his kick was frustrating. Again not putting the blame on him. There were many things to be frustrated about. Just pointing out that although Melican may have made the wrong decision (I think he did), there were many other errors made, by even more experienced players. It really wasn't one player who lost it.

From what has been said by the players and from how they have played this season the belief is there so hopefully yesterday's loss will just make them hungrier. We just couldn't put it all together but I do think we will be better next year with all the experience the young ones have had this year. The potential is definitely there to improve even more and contend. We just missed out on the top 4 by percentage too.

This is where they have to steel themselves and become totally focussed on bringing a consistency week in week out qtr in qtr out. You are not going to win every game that is a given its not how Professional Sport works but don't drop games that will cost you and make things alot harder for yourself. We should not have dropped that StKilda game with what was on offer which was top 4. No getting around that it was there for the taking. We didn't lose that game by bad luck we were horrible and got flogged. Peel back the layers further and add the Gold Coast and Hawthorn games to the equation and not dropping those could have seen us just about Minor Premiers. We lost a close game to Melbourne by 9 points, Port by the same over there, beat Geelong and Brisbane and beat Bulldogs and Essendon. They are all the best teams. The reality is that is where we are at, right amongst it. Just need to get over the hump of maintaining our standards and effort against shit sides as well the best and we will get what we deserve. Its that simple imo.

I don't like to think of Rampe's retirement at all. Just doesn't seem right him ever being some has-been veteran being carried off on the shoulders of his team-mates.

Maybe the sky just opens up and a white beam of light appears and he just ascends when his time is up.
The doors to a cave in the SCG that no-one's ever noticed before open up and he just walks calmly through.

Actually, no, I like your idea, except that he calmly climbs a goalpost up to the clouds.

Toby Greene straight to the tribunal!
No way they'll suspend him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back