List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps 19 will go some way to us getting pick 2 from GWS…

Wasn't it future 1st and 20 the original offer... can't offer future 1st anymore if lose future 2nd or 3rd in dmac deal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From The North Melbourne Shinboners

GOLD Coast and North Melbourne are exploring an innovative trade that would see the Roos acquire the Suns' pick No.19 plus half-forward Darcy Macpherson.
AFL.com.au understands both clubs have been discussing a 'salary dump' which would see the Roos take on the bulk of Macpherson's wage while also offering greater playing opportunities.
The Suns this week received confirmation they would be granted access to pick 19 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and quickly turned to conversations around on-trading the selection.
North Melbourne's salary cap sits among the most flushed for room in the competition, which would allow it to take on Macpherson's wage.
Should the move progress, it would see the Roos armed with three picks inside 20 – No.1, 19 and 20 – at this year's draft.
Macpherson will also fill a void up forward for north, who still lack a genuine goal kicking small forward
He is from Victoria isn't he? I wouldn't read too much into his 20/21 form. Imagine being a young bloke, interstate and unable to see his family (covid). He'll probably flourish when he gets back home.

GOLD Coast and North Melbourne are exploring an innovative trade that would see the Roos acquire the Suns' pick No.19 plus half-forward Darcy Macpherson.

AFL.com.au understands both clubs have been discussing a 'salary dump' which would see the Roos take on the bulk of Macpherson's wage while also offering greater playing opportunities.

The Suns this week received confirmation they would be granted access to pick 19 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and quickly turned to conversations around on-trading the selection.

North Melbourne's salary cap sits among the most flushed for room in the competition, which would allow it to take on Macpherson's wage.

Should the move progress, it would see the Roos armed with three picks inside 20 – No.1, 19 and 20 – at this year's draft.

As part of the transaction, the Roos would likely need to hand over a future selection to the Suns – expected to be a second or third-round pick.

The Suns have been informing clubs they are keen to trade into next year's draft, and by trading out pick 19 this year, would be expected to bolster their stocks for 2022.

A move for Macpherson to Arden Street would also alleviate pressures on the Suns' salary cap, given they have been forced into paying above market rate for re-signing young players in recent years.

They have also informed contracted midfielder Will Brodie they are happy to facilitate a move for him to another club for greater playing opportunities.

Macpherson, 23, last signed a contract extension with the Suns in the middle of a breakout 2019 campaign until the end of 2022.

The son of former Western Bulldog Steve, Macpherson finished third in the Suns' best and fairest in 2019 but has been limited to 23 games in the past two seasons.

Should Macpherson arrive at the Roos he would provide coach David Noble with extra depth, which includes Tarryn Thomas, Jack Mahony, Jaidyn Stephenson, Charlie Lazzaro, Kayne Turner, Curtis Taylor, Phoenix Spicer and Eddie Ford. – Mitch Cleary

I'm a born sceptic. I hope I'm wrong.

1633084359428.png

Rooboy 96 listen to Luffy's interview and you'll realise that no one's banging the door down for Dumont and he'll be lucky to keep his spot on the list.

Really don’t like this. I still believe Dumont is more than deserving of a list spot. I just thought he didn’t have a contract because he’d already received offers from elsewhere. He still has plenty to offer at AFL level

Really don’t like this. I still believe Dumont is more than deserving of a list spot. I just thought he didn’t have a contract because he’d already received offers from elsewhere. He still has plenty to offer at AFL level
Listening to Luffy, I wonder if the club would have been happy to extend him at midseason but he was the one holding out for a FA offer and might now find himself high and dry.

Something doesn't add up and it hasn't since the leadership group announcements where he looked really flat.

It seems incongruous that so many teams would have so many shittrucks going around that Trent Dumont wouldn't find a spot somewhere. He's paying the price for being a mid-sized, mid-skilled, mid-paced, midfielder who doesn't really have any specific weapons. He's definitely AFL standard, but he's Ikea furniture. Good enough to fill a space, not good enough to base your living space around.

He is deserving of a list spot somewhere and I'll think he'll get one. A DFA who is the last picked on the list? If trade week goes really well at North, he's out. If it doesn't he's in but filling a space. It's disappointing for him that he finds himself in his FA year at the bottom team with no suitors.

100+ games at the mighty NMFC means he has my respect. Happy to have him filling a space until we challenge. But won't be too concerned if he doesn't.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won’t be playing AFL next season, and that has nothing to do with his attitude.

Lack off interest in Dumont is more to do with the current AFL landscape of COVID cuts and clubs not having money in their caps, rather than lack of talent.

Considering we are on the bottom of the ladder I’m not sure we should be culling reliable role players like Dumont. At his age he could still play a role in our next premiership push.

I like to have things in common with people I engage with. I noticed your scribbled out texts were small…… Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s how you use it that matters 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back