List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of assumptions here that Tarrant will get us a compo pick, might want to hold your horses a bit, and before you mention Isaac Smith we've got no idea how much coin Tazz has been offered.
Even if Tarrant doesn’t net us a pick the points value attributed to his FA move impacts the Chol pick.

Just because there isn’t enough points to get us a pick, doesn’t mean that nothing doesn’t get applied to the Chol compo.

The point from Tarrant may push the Chol pick out to the next band, which would not be a good result for Richmond.

People are confusing the fact that even though Tarrant might not have enough value to get us a pick, it still impacts Richmond. How much is anyones guess? But it could mean Pick 38 turning into Pick 46.

I thought they changed that future pick rule and it's now simply that you have to take 2 first round picks in a 4 year period.

That's always been the rule with trading future firsts IIRC. The rule with later rounds is a separate rule.

Would the AFL even approve McPherson + 19 for a future 3rd? Will be my favourite trade of all time if we pull it off. He’s not even a bad player, great footy smarts and hard as nails.

Yes, Gold Coast did a deal with Geelong either last year or the year before that was way out of balance.

Off the top of my head I think Geelong got one of GC's mid 1st round priority picks for a future 2nd rounder

so going out (5 confirmed, 4 maybe)
Garner, W Walker, Tyson, Menadue and Taz so far. (Campbell, Atley, Dumont and Ham are uncontracted.)

and coming in. (5 confirmed, 1 maybe)
CCJ, Darcy, Pick 1, Pick 19, pick 20 + lynch maybe.
List spots will be very tight if this goes through.
Sounds a bit like all 4 (Campbell, Atley, Dumont and Ham) might be on the chopping block if we get suitors.

I refuse to believe this. Absolutely absurd. There's no way this is true.

There are Gold Coast posters?!
Like the five GWS posters, arrogant as anything with massive chips on their shoulders.

Not when you look at the big picture.

That particular deal would be 2022 1st, 2022 3rd and 20 for Macpherson and 2.
If we could grab GC's #19 for 2022 3rd, and didn't do that suggested trade for GWS's #2, we could potentially grab van Rooyen/Bhazzo, Wilmot, plus the 2022 equivalent of Horne-Francis/Callaghan, rather than just Callaghan. Now if we were likely finalists like this year's top 8, I would definitely consider giving up 3 mid-late first round picks for a pick #2, but for us, i think its too much.

EDIT - plus macpherson, though as i said previously in this thread, i think i remember him playing better as a mid than a small forward, and think ideally he'd be behind LDU, simpkin, powell, thomas, horne-francis, phillips for our younger mids.

If it's for next years third it's an unreal deal. Being unreal makes me think next years second more likely, but would still be worth it for sure.

Anyone who's played dreamteam knows MacPherson has been promising to breakout into a dreamteam premium the last two years, next year could be his year!
Alway kills it in the preseason,
great steak knives.

100% this is how the AFL give us a priority pick, without giving us a priority pick.

But we’ll take it

This is exactly what I was thinking. They are masking their dirty work with cling wrap but as you say, we will take it.

the AFL needs to realise that they lose respect from the purchaser when they refuse to admit when they got things wrong. It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, they are a law unto themselves, effing teams over with impunity.

If this eventuates, graphic the puck and player and rub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a seriously smart move by us. We get another top 20 pick plus a handy player that will be at worst, depth.

Salary dumps aren’t really a thing in the AFL but can reap some great rewards for the team taking on the big contract in American sports, particularly in the NBA. We clearly have lots of salary cap room so it won’t affect our cap plans in the short term at all - and we get a juicy pick from Gold Coast by helping them out.

If it’s for next year’s second, absolutely 100% do the trade. Even if we win the spoon again, which I don’t think we will, the trade becomes pick 19 in 2021 + McPherson for pick 19 in 2022.
It’s a great move, but I hate that it’s in the media. Prefer us being super stealth.

MEGA TRADE TIME
If Cooney can I can!

38 + Taz to Tigers for CCJ + Rich 2022 3rd
Rich 2022 3rd ontraded to GC for 19 + McPherson
Cerra to Carl
6 to North
North 2022 1st to Freo

We gain CCJ and McPherson, go to the draft with 1, 6, 19, 20

1 - JHF
6 - Gibcus
19 - JVR
20 - live trade to Pies for their 2022 1st

Nice period IMO

I’m pumped about this deal!
Mac and 19 for a 3rd rounder, I would have done the straight up 3rd for Macpherson.
He has a big upside and it’s true that he plays better through the middle.

From The North Melbourne Shinboners

GOLD Coast and North Melbourne are exploring an innovative trade that would see the Roos acquire the Suns' pick No.19 plus half-forward Darcy Macpherson.
AFL.com.au understands both clubs have been discussing a 'salary dump' which would see the Roos take on the bulk of Macpherson's wage while also offering greater playing opportunities.
The Suns this week received confirmation they would be granted access to pick 19 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and quickly turned to conversations around on-trading the selection.
North Melbourne's salary cap sits among the most flushed for room in the competition, which would allow it to take on Macpherson's wage.
Should the move progress, it would see the Roos armed with three picks inside 20 – No.1, 19 and 20 – at this year's draft.
Macpherson will also fill a void up forward for north, who still lack a genuine goal kicking small forward

Beat me to it. 100% spot on mate
But what is if is engineered to be used to give to Richmond for CCJ (which is probably overs) like the compo they’ve given Geelong for their Ablett trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back