List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can you imagine the pile on if we did trade the rights to him? First time he turns it on next year it’d be a blood bath led by Barrett.

Pretty much we are screwed either way to sunrise.
If we traded it out for a mega offer and he turns it on we are screwed, if we keep it and JHF fails or bails (after a few years) we are screwed.
The only way we win in this threesome is if JHF wins the Brownlow x 2, holds the Premiership cup as Captain x 1-2, wins the Coleman at least once, is in the AA team for 8 years running, wins the Syd x 5 times, wins the Norm twice AND rides the winner of the Melbourne cup at least once…!

So, we have obviously just met with him.

Playing devils advocate and being Uber negative, do you think we might have done this to make sure he is committed before we lose any opportunity for a trade? Understand trading picks is good until just before the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Playing devils advocate and being Uber negative, do you think we might have done this to make sure he is committed before we lose any opportunity for a trade? Understand trading picks is good until just before the draft.

Possibly. Keep in mind though that picks can be traded all the way up until the day before the draft (and then again once the draft commences).

Reckon our recruiters on the ground in SA would have had chat with him during the season.

Was the first thing I thought of. Hopefully he falls in love with Club & The city of Melbourne

It’s clear with the overstating of the trades offered certain types don’t want us getting him, which means I want him even more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone confirm any godfather offers from other clubs for Darcy or Daicos? Any swaying to Bulldogs or Collingwood? regardless if they are father son I’m sure if they are that good like the guy who does the podcast with Nat Edwards keeps saying he is (forget his name) - there would be more offers for these two

Pretty much we are screwed either way to sunrise.
If we traded it out for a mega offer and he turns it on we are screwed, if we keep it and JHF fails or bails (after a few years) we are screwed.
The only way we win in this threesome is if JHF wins the Brownlow x 2, holds the Premiership cup as Captain x 1-2, wins the Coleman at least once, is in the AA team for 8 years running, wins the Syd x 5 times, wins the Norm twice AND rides the winner of the Melbourne cup at least once…!
But when he moves to Adelaide and they select him with pick 150 on his 40th birthday, lamo will bring this shìtty article out and bash the club with it

You meet him regardless particularly if you are thinking of taking him. The trade (sub par) offers are irrelevant

can anyone confirm any godfather offers from other clubs for Darcy or Daicos? Any swaying to Bulldogs or Collingwood? regardless if they are father son I’m sure if they are that good like the guy who does the podcast with Nat Edwards keeps saying he is (forget his name) - there would be more offers for these two
why would there be offers when they are tied to clubs via FS?

I'd love for us to go hard at Ben King. Given the magnitude of offers for Pick 1 I wouldn't think we'd necessarily settle for a pick 1 v King straight swap, but I'd love for him to be the centerpiece of any Pick 1 deal we may consider.

Think you may need to think that one through a bit more mate.

Do you have to go to the draft with the same amount of picks as list spots available. But on draft night you could split a pick? So Pies could spit pick 27 and then have more picks than spots available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back