List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a thought on the potential "go home" factor in picking JHF at 1. Adelaide has pick 4 in the draft, which is effectively pick 6. If we look at Cal Twomey's assessment, Adelaide will take Josh Ward at 6. Either side of pick 6 are Hobbs at 5 and Gibcus at 7. All of those look very handy footballers.

If we do find that JHF yearns for home, then I think it is fair to assume Adelaide will be the club that comes knocking. If the situation is such that we need to trade him to Adelaide, then we should demand back whoever they take at their pick, assuming of course that player has continued to justify that ranking, plus another 1st round pick in whatever draft that may be.

What I am trying to say , not very successfully, is that we, on balance of probability, will be dealing with Adelaide, who will have also picked up a very good footballer, in close proximity to our pick, who may also want to come home, and so, in my opinion the go home factor becomes much less of a potential problem.

Then again in 15 years time, when JHF has won 3 Brownlows, 4 Norm Smiths and been part of 5 winning GF's at North, we will trade him back to Adelaide as an "under achiever", for their Pick 19 in the 2036 Draft. Not that I'll be still here then.

Have these types of offers been tabled in other years for pick 1? I don't recall.

Speaks volumes about how they rate JHF.

Exciting times!

Edit... I can smell their fear.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for the AFL to bring in the lottery for pick 1 this year. Now that Brad Scott is there - expect an announcement any moment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just a thought on the potential "go home" factor in picking JHF at 1. Adelaide has pick 4 in the draft, which is effectively pick 6. If we look at Cal Twomey's assessment, Adelaide will take Josh Ward at 6. Either side of pick 6 are Hobbs at 5 and Gibcus at 7. All of those look very handy footballers.

If we do find that JHF yearns for home, then I think it is fair to assume Adelaide will be the club that comes knocking. If the situation is such that we need to trade him to Adelaide, then we should demand back whoever they take at their pick, assuming of course that player has continued to justify that ranking, plus another 1st round pick in whatever draft that may be.

What I am trying to say , not very successfully, is that we, on balance of probability, will be dealing with Adelaide, who will have also picked up a very good footballer, in close proximity to our pick, who may also want to come home, and so, in my opinion the go home factor becomes much less of a potential problem.

Then again in 15 years time, when JHF has won 3 Brownlows, 4 Norm Smiths and been part of 5 winning GF's at North, we will trade him back to Adelaide as an "under achiever", for their Pick 19 in the 2036 Draft. Not that I'll be still here then.
if JHF turns out anywhere near the form of his SANFL prelim and he want to go back to adelaide in 2 years and given what Adelaide paid carlton for gibbs to come home i would be looking at 3 first rounders!

Brady is going to be on SEN with Kane Cornes soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Very much a required player, we have no interest in moving Tristan on and it will take a very good offer to move him on' - Brady Rawlings

That's good at least. St Kilda won't pony up (I hope) what we would expect.

Ironic the stance RE: contracted players considering what we paid for CCJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back