25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about Daniel Howe, he played a couple of good games this year for Hawks. Think he was BOG in one game , might have been Tassie. Good size midfielder OOC Anyone have any misgivings?
My brother's a Hawks supporter, he's of the opinion Howe plays one good game a year, everyone get's excited that he's coming good then he slides back into the mediocrity he came from.
Rinse and repeat.

Seems like the club disagree with you mate.

He was asking for 700k for 4 years. It's a massive risk for a 29 year old.

Sad thing is, if we hadn’t stuffed up with the Hanners trade, we could have done this one. Think we just can’t risk it goes belly up too.

They can financially do it now. They don’t want too.
I meant more from the point of him potentially becoming a bad trade if he gets injured and it’s a long contract we’re beholden to - especially considering what has happened with Hanners.

But I appreciate your comment. If the club’s not interested, they’re not interested.

Hannebery is into his last year and has taken a big pay cut so I'm not sure how that would effect Parker now

Not talking about the money.
I meant we traded for a player on a long term contract, and we’ve been stuffed with Hanners’ injuries. Imagine if that happened again which is a risk with an older player. Parker seems more durable at present, but he’s getting older and it just takes a calf or something to start the rot and we’re stuck again with a long contract.
Not sure it would reflect well on the club’s list management decisions if both turn out a flop.

Seems like the club disagree with you mate.

He was asking for 700k for 4 years. It's a massive risk for a 29 year old.
The way our recruiters are going we might recruit the son of god with the first round pick , the way they have been selecting guys like Sharman a reserve grade player in Sth Australia who has shown in a handful of games he could turn into George Young on steroids, Highmore pick 45 looking like a rebounding defender like no other , Connolly pick 64 who would of thought he would of even of got a game and when he did put a few players in the shade with his dashing run to take on the game and he can kick , Byrne pick 52 is just a ball pig , Bytel pick 41 has now gone from a skinny kid with a dodgy back into a big bodied midfielder ready to take the next step.

We don't have the draft picks but somehow they have drafted and developed these kids to be players.
People who have questioned our development of players only have to look at these kids - King only with 30 games under his belt looks to be a freak and I fully expect Hunter Clark and Coffield are ready to step up to the plate after transforming from boys to men - you kind of know when you recruit a 21yr in Sharman and a 23yr in Highmore that some times you just need these kids to mature a bit.
Coffield is only 8mths older than Sharman.

Who knows they may of found a way of turning s//t to gold.

God help us what Heath and Allison turn into a Gary Dempsey and Peter Knights.

What got me is how they resurrected McKenzie and Dunstan , it was like it was Easter.

If they resurrect Clavarino they maybe be able to walk on water.

Not talking about the money.
I meant we traded for a player on a long term contract, and we’ve been stuffed with Hanners’ injuries. Imagine if that happened again which is a risk with an older player. Parker seems more durable at present, but he’s getting older and it just takes a calf or something to start the rot and we’re stuck again with a long contract.
Not sure it would reflect well on the club’s list management decisions if both turn out a flop.
We were also a lot more desperate to find a mature recruit back then too though.

I dont think we are in a position where we need ri over pay aging players anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah there was this fat diabetic bloke that wasn't quite KPF size that seemed too good to pass up, because something about Tom Boyd and was he the one that brought outstanding leadership or was he the good club man?
Apparently he also pushed buttons really fast on a reflex testing machine

The way our recruiters are going we might recruit the son of god with the first round pick , the way they have been selecting guys like Sharman a reserve grade player in Sth Australia who has shown in a handful of games he could turn into George Young on steroids, Highmore pick 45 looking like a rebounding defender like no other , Connolly pick 64 who would of thought he would of even of got a game and when he did put a few players in the shade with his dashing run to take on the game and he can kick , Byrne pick 52 is just a ball pig , Bytel pick 41 has now gone from a skinny kid with a dodgy back into a big bodied midfielder ready to take the next step.

We don't have the draft picks but somehow they have drafted and developed these kids to be players.
People who have questioned our development of players only have to look at these kids - King only with 30 games under his belt looks to be a freak and I fully expect Hunter Clark and Coffield are ready to step up to the plate after transforming from boys to men - you kind of know when you recruit a 21yr in Sharman and a 23yr in Highmore that some times you just need these kids to mature a bit.

What got me is how they resurrected McKenzie and Dunstan , it was like it was Easter.

Jeez...you got me Prem...where do I sign up?

Some good Saints stuff of G. Young, he was silk

I'll probably get shot down for this or it may have been mentioned before, but you campaigners are already posting like it's trade week, so it's impossible to read every post..
I'm all for us chasing Bing this year or next and I'm happy to pay whatever it takes to get it done, but I don't see us needing another tall KPF.
I see our major deficiency atm is a lack of a CHB. Someone to partner with Howard to play on the monsters.
I see Bing as exactly that player. I know defenders don't get the accolades that forwards do, but they played as bookends as juniors before Max injured his knee iirc?
Just pissing into the wind at this point as he is a contracted Suns player, but that's where I would play him.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where does Highmore play? Thats the point. We lost Hind because he was going to be behind a few. He is not better than Sinclair, Coffield or even Highmore. We would not be a better team with him.
Hind never wanted to be a saint
Was always wanting to be a bomber. Time to move on. Coffield will b a much player than him long term

SAINTS RULE OUT INTREST IN PARKER
St Kilda has ruled itself out of any interest in free agent Luke Parker, who is intent on considering his options given only a two-year offer from the Swans.

Parker won the Sydney best-and-fairest this week and is looking for a four-year deal worth around $700,000 a season.

Sydney has offered only two years at around $500,000-$550,000.

At this stage Gold Coast is considered making a play but Parker turns 29 in October and the Suns are more focussed on key forwards.

Parker would be a strong fit for a club such as St Kilda which believes it is opening up a premiership window.

But the Saints are looking to keep cash for a bid for Ben King next year.

The Saints hoping for seasons from Hunter Clark and Jade Gresham next year to reinvigorate a midfield that dropped out of the top eight for contested possession differential and clearance differential.

St Kilda’s Dan Hannebery is believed to have made a financial sacrifice that could help the club’s cap space given only 15 games in three seasons.

But despite speculation he might have split next year’s money into the 2022-23 seasons, it can be confirmed his guaranteed contract will expire at the end of next year.

It means the Saints have only one more year of a deal that when struck was to be a five-year deal but ended up at four years on over $700,000 with a fifth-year trigger.

Opinions are split on Parker’s worth given he turns 29 before next season.

He is a stoppage beast who can kick 20 goals a season and never misses a game but some list bosses will worry that without pace he could hit a wall at 31 and leave them with a big wage bill in his last seasons.

THE only reason we would have pulled out of this is because there is bigger fish to fry..!
Makes for an interesting month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back