25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrote a damning end of season survey whilst pretty pissed. So much so that I received a concerned call from the club today asking for more details. Found myself asking Brett from admin who we're looking at bringing in to support Rath in strategy, whether we've asked Harvey and Hayes to be assistants, which players are we targeting etc. Fair to say nothing much to report, except that I'm a nuffy and miss football.
Mate, good call to put pen to paper because most people wont. My question is why does this guy Rath need support? The strategy did not include getting our footballers super fit for 2021- hence we moved on a fitness guru- see below;

CLUB NOTES _2020
Rath, whose career in the industry spans more than two decades, will join the club as Head of Football Program. This will see him lead a strong team of assistant coaches and analysts.

The club should answers questions if they have considered the 2 ex players you mentioned - Have they done that?
I would not expect the club to give out info on which players they are targeting

Battle just looks so slow to me, I’m talking quick and agile with run and carry. I understand why they tried him out on the wing but I’d trade him if we can get a decent pick. He’s not a key back, is behind how many as a third tall a both ends of the ground. To me he’s a trade that makes sense for both the player and the club.

Battle just looks so slow to me, I’m talking quick and agile with run and carry. I understand why they tried him out on the wing but I’d trade him if we can get a decent pick. He’s not a key back, is behind how many as a third tall a both ends of the ground. To me he’s a trade that makes sense for both the player and the club.

Probably right- keep hearing about his "tank" I aint seen it. He is not quick. IMO ( said this before) he probably needs 10 games or less in 2022 to prove he has the makings of a good player. If not, sack him....no problems

Maybe that will happen to Highmore then and maybe even Sharman, now that would hurt......
Could well happen but we have enough half backs to replace Highmore and Sharman is just a bonus for our forward line.
Hopefully they both prosper because they have both look like exceptional finds and the best part about it they are not 19yr kids.

The preseason is going to determine a lot , Hill needs to get back to his position on the wing - What is Coffield going to do having Highmore , Wilkie , Sinclair , Webster , Paton , Howard all fighting to be in the back 6 and what happens if we score another key defender - Ratten has already said it is a position that needs to be filled.

Forward line is in a similar position having Billings , Gresham , Butler , Higgins , Membery , King , Sharman.

I'm dreaming we will not have injuries but if everyone is fit to go at the start of the year there is going to be some disappointed players.

For starters if Ryder and Marshall are ready to roll our new ruck option will be Sandy bound until Ryder needs a rest.
And all of the kids will be fighting for a best a spot on the bench.

Paton - Howard - Webster
Highmore - Wilkie - Sinclair
Billings - Steele - Hill
Membery - Marshall - Butler
Gresham - King - Higgins

Ryder / Crouch / Jones

Clark - Coffield - Sharman - Hannerbery

--// Battle , Bytel , Byrnes , Connolly , McKenzie , Ross? , Long , Kent , Wood

Impressive Mick Impressive, I'm sold, bring in the American

zEKolDV.gif

He is the type of player that you're inclined to be scared to reject as you get the feeling he could bite you in the arse from the wake up call he gets from rejection...however I would go with the bravery to keep him as he just spells something when you look at his gutsy ability at times. Remember that mark and saving play in 2020...he ran and covered a lot of ground to save the game his potential still not realised IMO...

Probably right- keep hearing about his "tank" I aint seen it. He is not quick. IMO ( said this before) he probably needs 10 games or less in 2022 to prove he has the makings of a good player. If not, sack him....no problems
What ever happens he has to show something this year or his career is on the downhill slope , hopefully the penny drops and whatever opportunity he gets he kills it.
He biggest fault to me is he is not shown he is a contested marking player and a guy his size needs to be able to take contested marks.
For instance this year in 14 games he took 5 contested marks.
He may have elite endurance but as you say he is not quick and if your not quick off the mark as a defender or forward and can't take a contested mark you have a problem.
Pat Cripps is roughly the same size and weight and is far from fast but he is a contested ball winner and can take contested marks which can expose teams when you have a mid who can win the ball in the air.
This year he had his career high in disposals which was 21 against the Tigers in round 15 his last game he played.
Anyway it's all up to him and his contract is up at the end of the year.

Mate, good call to put pen to paper because most people wont. My question is why does this guy Rath need support? The strategy did not include getting our footballers super fit for 2021- hence we moved on a fitness guru- see below;

CLUB NOTES _2020
Rath, whose career in the industry spans more than two decades, will join the club as Head of Football Program. This will see him lead a strong team of assistant coaches and analysts.

The club should answers questions if they have considered the 2 ex players you mentioned - Have they done that?
I would not expect the club to give out info on which players they are targeting

Even though he is so experienced, our game strategy and analytics didn't come up to scratch regardless of injury. For instance, we failed to foresee that increasing game time by 20% would require more focus on fitness is a concern. Feel like he is still the guy to lead us to the promised land but think he needs an offsider.. like say a Brand to Billy Beane.

They did say that they "were looking into the best options for our club going forward" so pretty vague, which as you say is fine by me not to open the books to every numpty that calls up.

Wrote a damning end of season survey whilst pretty pissed. So much so that I received a concerned call from the club today asking for more details. Found myself asking Brett from admin who we're looking at bringing in to support Rath in strategy, whether we've asked Harvey and Hayes to be assistants, which players are we targeting etc. Fair to say nothing much to report, except that I'm a nuffy and miss football.
Good that they responded and called you though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue we have with targeting a ruckman is that we already have Ryder and Marshall on the list for next year and if they're both fit that's still clearly the preferred combo, and will be if we make finals.

The guys that we've been linked with, Chol, McLean, even Cox, these guys are fringe players that will be looking for opportunity. It's not going to be that appealing to them to come to St Kilda where they are going to be playing the majority of their games at Sandringham.

It's going to be very tough for us to land a guy like that unless we pay up big, which makes no sense.

For that reason I think we'll probably end up with Hunter still on the list next year.

I'm such a routine whinger that they ignore my disparaging comments and stay away.

I actually think Membrey would be handy on the wing. Much better than Battle.

If Sharman continues to play like he has we might see it happen a bit more.

Only issue with that is I don’t see many grand final teams that have key position players on a wing. I can see Ratts trying it but I just don’t see the point of it.

His brain works in slow motion. He's a forward and looks good there. Why do we want to turn the lawnmower into a washing machine every time?

His brain works in slow motion. He's a forward and looks good there. Why do we want to turn the lawnmower into a washing machine every time?
Only issue with that is I don’t see many grand final teams that have key position players on a wing. I can see Ratts trying it but I just don’t see the point of it.
Because it's hard to fit 4 keys up forward at the same time.

Membrey already plays very high up the ground, it's not too different to how he plays most of the time. It would just open up the space for Marshall/King/Sharman when they are all up there.

In not suggesting he turns into a full time winger, but they can't all play there at once and he'd offer plenty further up the ground with his running capabilities as a link up.

Well he is quick Bill. That is a fact. You just have to look at his draft videos and his combine testing and it will tell you.

The issue is, whenever he gets the footy, instead of using his space he stops and props.

I'm not sure whether getting him up the ground would make him want to use his assets a bit more but maybe being under less pressure and having more pace might get him taking the game on a bit.

Instead of carrying on like a peanut have a look through his draft profiles.

"Coffield tested as one of the fastest players in the draft pool with a sub-three second 20m sprint time."
A peanut....well thats an insult if ever I have heard one. Cheers for that. So now we go back to combine results as a justification for your very feeble argument. He has been in the system 4 years since then. He has never shown great speed apart from the odd quick movement every AFL footballer should have. Yes, every AFL player is quick Bird but some are quicker than others. There is no need for exaggeration. Stop and prop" is now a reason for showing a lack of speed is it? I though the club had a biomechanic to sort that type of thing out !!!!

Problem is the siren will go before he makes up his mind who to kick it to. If he could speed up his decision making I would actually agree.

Quick, good agility, good tank, good mark and tough as well. Would be a real point of difference. His slow decision making is a momentum killer tho

Because it's hard to fit 4 keys up forward at the same time.

Membrey already plays very high up the ground, it's not too different to how he plays most of the time. It would just open up the space for Marshall/King/Sharman when they are all up there.

In not suggesting he turns into a full time winger, but they can't all play there at once and he'd offer plenty further up the ground with his running capabilities as a link up.

He played shit the last 2 years, was back as a forward in the last game as was back to looking good. I hate seeing him play a mobile role.

Dylan Stephens is still not signed.

Talia talking to Richmond- might end up there.

Ryan Garthwaite - tigers backman not signed up yet- same as what we have already got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back