Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

So how many seconds till Caro calls on an investigation of the AFL umpiring community? Is it just me, or is it great to know Caro and Hardwick will head to their beds tonight incredibly angry and bitter..warms the heart really..
Footy classified might actually be worth a watch just to see her sooking.

Tom Browne on the arc... "I was told tonight that they look at the player reaction as an initial guide then look at the evidence"
So that's why we lost the Essendon game because Ben Keays looked Devo so they said he touched it when it took a crazy bounce and went through the goal

Tom Browne on the arc... "I was told tonight that they look at the player reaction as an initial guide then look at the evidence"
AFL sent him a message to set the agenda?

The whole point of any replay technology adjudication in any sport is to make a quantitative decision. Take human element out of the decision.

Going by a player's reaction is not that. If the AFL trots that out after tonight, it truly is a bush league.

The correct decision was made, but not based on the evidence the "Arc" used.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So how many seconds till Caro calls on an investigation of the AFL umpiring community? Is it just me, or is it great to know Caro and Hardwick will head to their beds tonight incredibly angry and bitter..warms the heart really..
I'll sleep well tonight knowing that :handok:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF??..

if thats true then its just further proof of how disgustingly amateurish and poorly run this league is.

if the ump calls it a goal but sends it for review.. then on review its still inconclusive which is was.. its “umpire’s call”.

there is no way you can tell by looking from camera angles like that (and we all saw what they saw in the review box) with any certainty.. the only spot you could be certain is standing at the base of the post looking directly up at it from below. you couldnt tell at all from the shots from the front..

sure.. it couldve gone over the top of the post.. or it couldve actually been past the post by the time it looked as if it went over the post.. you’d need a corresponding side angle vision..

the only other option is if they had a laser pointing directly vertical up from on top of the posts that triggered a sensor if the ball flew through and disturbed the beam..

but its just like the Tribunal/player reports/suspensions… its fxxking anyone’s guess what the outcome will be each and every time with this organisation..

the constant inconsistencies in the decision making, no matter the subject, is just fxxking appalling.

its cost the tigers the game.. we, as crows supporters, can call that karma all we like given the deplorable umpiring in the GF.. but we’d be absolutely ropable if that happened to us.. beyond livid.

AFL sent him a message to set the agenda?

The whole point of any replay technology adjudication in any sport is to make a quantitative decision. Take human element out of the decision.

Going by a player's reaction is not that. If the AFL trots that out after tonight, it truly is a bush league.

The correct decision was made, but not based on the evidence the "Arc" used.

what evidence was it based on then?

Until every other decision is made with 100% accuracy the goal review should have been reserved for those super obvious mistakes that we can see at home but the umpire somehow missed (got blocked or knocked over, ball clearly through the other side of a post or something)

And maybe in those cases I'd have the umpire just declare he has no idea and leave it up to the video to make a best call.

I always whinge about it but... trying to find out if a ball might of shaved an imaginary post above the actual post, or brushed a defenders finger nail while decisions like a shove in the back from a defender can't be reviewed make it way outbalanced.
The goal umpire only called it a goal because he has to say something. I'd rather they say Don't Know and let the goal review make the decision in that case. Can still be wrong occasionally but it's a little more objective and considered at least

I've watched the Lynch goal over and over. The best angle is the original telecast. If you pause it you can see the ball is in front of the post right before it travel over the top of the post. The ball then continues on the same trajectory. No way it could have been a goal.

Bad call by umpire. Brave and good call by review.

I've watched the Lynch goal over and over. The best angle is the original telecast. If you pause it you can see the ball is in front of the post right before it travel over the top of the post. The ball then continues on the same trajectory. No way it could have been a goal.

Bad call by umpire. Brave and good call by review.
Was the footage behind Lynch?

as soon as she knows Dusty is off to Sydney she will fire up

WTF??..

if thats true then its just further proof of how disgustingly amateurish and poorly run this league is.

if the ump calls it a goal but sends it for review.. then on review its still inconclusive which is was.. its “umpire’s call”.

there is no way you can tell by looking from camera angles like that (and we all saw what they saw in the review box) with any certainty.. the only spot you could be certain is standing at the base of the post looking directly up at it from below. you couldnt tell at all from the shots from the front..

sure.. it couldve gone over the top of the post.. or it couldve actually been past the post by the time it looked as if it went over the post.. you’d need a corresponding side angle vision..

the only other option is if they had a laser pointing directly vertical up from on top of the posts that triggered a sensor if the ball flew through and disturbed the beam..

but its just like the Tribunal/player reports/suspensions… its fxxking anyone’s guess what the outcome will be each and every time with this organisation..

the constant inconsistencies in the decision making, no matter the subject, is just fxxking appalling.

its cost the tigers the game.. we, as crows supporters, can call that karma all we like given the deplorable umpiring in the GF.. but we’d be absolutely ropable if that happened to us.. beyond livid.
Make the posts taller than a player can kick. With snicko technology

Would look weird. But solves this issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back