Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be surprised if Sam and the footy dept are not prioritizing speed and strength through the draft. It’s the way forward.
Caleb Poulter comes to mind as a tall slowish inside mid with a tidy left foot to come through the draft recently in the same draft range.

Probably a better comp than pendlebury.

Not a Howe clone. He has composure with a really nice kick. Additionally, he's almost key position size as well. I think he'll be gone by our second rounder though. I'd be rapt if we snared him.
That sounds like a Howe clone 😅

A bit of talk about GWS being open to trading out of pick 19. Would be handy if we can get that done, I would think it would be 24 and one of our 4 3rd rounders if we were to make it happen.
Aren’t they open to trading it because they won’t use the pick? If so, can’t see why they’d want pick 24. Think it would need to be future picks only.

Aren’t they open to trading it because they won’t use the pick? If so, can’t see why they’d want pick 24. Think it would need to be future picks only.
They have 5 spots open on their list, probs just trying to get a jump on next year's draft

They have 5 spots open on their list, probs just trying to get a jump on next year's draft
If they have their eye on risky project players that can be got with late picks to complement the top talent on list, then better to bank these picks to future. They have 57 & 61 too which can be used to make bets on rucks or risky KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants apparently taking 5 players at the draft (including an academy boy Rowston).. so 1,15,18, 19/31 & Rowston (match bid with late picks)… makes sense to trade 19 as it has great value and 31 doesn’t but might get you the same player… f2 & 48 for pick 19 should be our starting offer

Pick 19 is the first pick of the second night, which tends to generate a fair amount of interest from all clubs. I doubt we would be prepared to give up what GWS would be asking for, as unfortunately they aren't quite as generous/incompetent as The Suns.

Pick 19 is the first pick of the second night, which tends to generate a fair amount of interest from all clubs. I doubt we would be prepared to give up what GWS would be asking for, as unfortunately they aren't quite as generous/incompetent as The Suns.
Future 1st yeah?
They may view our F2 as close enough.

Bulldogs future 2nd for 19 Maybe?
19 is first pick night 2 they won’t trade it until then unless they get a huge offer early and it will focus on future picks.
I don't think so. Our board doesn't think we should trade 19,31 for st kildas 2023r1.
I think we could do 19,31,2023r3 for your 2023r1.
I doubt you accept though.
You Win Game Over GIF by Jimmy Arca

I don't think so. Our board doesn't think we should trade 19,31 for st kildas 2023r1.
I think we could do 19,31,2023r3 for your 2023r1.
I doubt you accept though.
Yeah not a chance we'd give up that first for that package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back