Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Draft Power Rankings - September 2022
Should be an update sometime very soon. Gibney a fair way down in this list, but Twomey is generally pretty accurate.
Twomey is accurate because he has good contacts in certain teams. Off the top of my head, Hawks, North, and West Coast don't share anything with him, Bombers, Swans, Pies, Cats, Crows, and Dogs give him some info. Everyone else is touch and go with the contacts.

Ginbey is that high because at least one club, and likely more, rates him that high. He's had a good season and has fantastic building blocks in terms of size, athletics, and midfield nous. He's right around our pick, if I were in charge he'd be right behind Mackenzie and Clark in the muddle of Phillipou, Humphrey, and Jefferson. But I'm not in charge, if our scouts get MM to call his name I trust their judgment.

Also PMBangers leak the power rankings for us mate.

Twomey is accurate because he has good contacts in certain teams. Off the top of my head, Hawks, North, and West Coast don't share anything with him, Bombers, Swans, Pies, Cats, Crows, and Dogs give him some info. Everyone else is touch and go with the contacts.

Ginbey is that high because at least one club, and likely more, rates him that high. He's had a good season and has fantastic building blocks in terms of size, athletics, and midfield nous. He's right around our pick, if I were in charge he'd be right behind Mackenzie and Clark in the muddle of Phillipou, Humphrey, and Jefferson. But I'm not in charge, if our scouts get MM to call his name I trust their judgment.

Also PMBangers leak the power rankings for us mate.
The RMC rankings are scuffed smh

I won't rest until the entire top 5 are kids whose families are so rich they can forsake contract money and play for essentially nothing.
If that damn Tall VIC Country lad settled down rather than destroy the second half of the year we could've had it

After watching the Metro v Country game, Humphrey looks like that guy who could take the game by the scruff. Genuine match winner vibes.

Cadman would be fantastic but will be gone. Like everyone I was losing my mind over Reid, will be a super star.

After watching the Metro v Country game, Humphrey looks like that guy who could take the game by the scruff. Genuine match winner vibes.

Cadman would be fantastic but will be gone. Like everyone I was losing my mind over Reid, will be a super star.

If only he could kick, but then we'd be no chance of getting him at 6 or 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're still better off selecting a genuine A-grade midfielder this year as next year's draft appears to be abundant at the top end with forward/mid/forwards who can change a game on its head, such as Zane Duursma, Ashton Moir, Jack Delean, Koen Sanchez, and Sam Frangalas. Will Lorenz, who is Graham Arthur's grandson, is a midfielder who can play up forward and change the game. There's only one real midfielder at the top end, named Ben Ridgway from South Australia. I'm certainly not against us drafting Bailey Humphrey, and I love his game, but I feel this is the year we need to draft an A-grade midfielder. Humphrey's foot skills also need improvement and are certainly not up to the level of Connor MacDonald and Josh Ward.

17. Will Lorenz - Oak - 186cm - quality smooth midfielder, grandson of Hawks Legend Graham Arthur

Very interesting...

Definitely something to keep an eye on over the next 12 months.

Also, something that stands out is that Jed Walter is a Gold Coast academy player currently projected at #2 - Suns to seeking future picks then maybe?

In my opinion based on what I have read we want Sheezel. I think the threat is Essendon.
Aschcroft, Cadman, Wardlaw and Tsatas will be picked in front of him. That will leave Essendon and Gold Coast in front of us because of the Rankine trade.
I think Gold Coast will get Busslinger for a Key Defender need.
Hopefully Dodoro goes for potential upside and looks at Phillipou as a Bont clone based on height game etc. But doubt it.
But if he does then Sheezel is realistic at our pick which is 7 after F/S.
Then if we get 8 from Bowes deal have the choice of McKenzie or Clark. That will be ideal.

Think the draft combine starts this Friday? Interesting to see how Clark/McKenzie/Humphrey/ginbey stack up (as well as some of the top 5 guys) - obviously athleticm is only one piece but relatively important at afl level.

Read somewhere that ginbey tested 2.85 for 20m sprint pre-season. That’s electric (faster than Seamus).

I do wonder if someone like Brayden George is in our sights with our second (particularly if move up). The way we play now means guys who can dominate/impact when one-out are going to be critical - and George (outside the acl) seems to tick most boxes. Can kick bags, powerful, great skills and mark etc + is a different type to our recent draftees who are more hff running types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back