Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2 things that stood out for me in the NAB GF....

1. Brisbane with the addition of Dunkley & Ashcroft next year are the team to beat in 2023.

2. If we're targeting a midfielder for pick 7, there will be decent talent available for us at pick 7. McKenzie is a jet, Hewett is every bit as good.

Will Ashcroft
1 behind, 39 touches 17 kicks, 5 tackles, 6 inside 50s
Cam MacKenzie
2 goals 1 behind, 26 touches, 17 kicks, 6 tackles, 4 inside 50s
Harry Sheezel
4 goals, 13 touches, 10 kicks, 2 tackles, 1 inside 50
Oli Hotton
1 goal, 25 touches, 8 kicks, 6 tackles, 4 inside 50s

From tonight, from the main 4 i think.

Ashcroft named BOG, was really good but did rush his disposals a little, doesn't matter does it tho when you have 39, he was clean and fed it out well, ontop of the rest of his body of work, another Ashcroft game.

MacKenzie was my BOG, or atleast very close, his ball use was very good and his hunger for the contest was unreal, tackling pressure and the ability to just get the ball and explode away, he worked really hard, he just attracted everyone to him and dished it over, his kicking was actually the best on ground by far.

Sheez was unreal, top 3 on ground with MacKenzie & Ashcroft, some of his finishes were actually unreal, his ability to read the play, the drop of the ball and be in the perfect spot is unmatched, he's got real toe, class and genuine xfactor, top notch game.

Hotton is the one who is gonna bolt, he had a great game, played higher up the ground then i've normally seen him and he found it all game, he was super clean and made great decisions and just seems a super smart footballer.

Leading disposals and goals from tonight. Mackenzie was immense, I know Ashcroft got the medal but Cam was stiff to miss. 2.1 26 disposals and a huge chunk pinpoint kicks down the line. His athleticism, agility, and pace are perfectly complemented by his composure. He'd stand up in contests, wait for a player to tackle and slip off then burst out with room free. If the tackler persisted, he shot off a handball to Ashcroft or Clarke. When he had the ball in space, his timing is perfect for drawing players and releasing the handball. I've talked about it before, but he may as well be an astrophysicist with his understanding of positional gravity. Bonus points: mad Hawks fan.

Pls don't break my heart Gold Coast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220916-195207_NAB League.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-195207_NAB League.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20220916-195210_NAB League.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-195210_NAB League.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 101
Leading disposals and goals from tonight. Mackenzie was immense, I know Ashcroft got the medal but Cam was stiff to miss. 2.1 26 disposals and a huge chunk pinpoint kicks down the line. His athleticism, agility, and pace are perfectly complemented by his composure. He'd stand up in contests, wait for a player to tackle and slip off then burst out with room free. If the tackler persisted, he shot off a handball to Ashcroft or Clarke. When he had the ball in space, his timing is perfect for drawing players and releasing the handball. I've talked about it before, but he may as well be an astrophysicist with his understanding of positional gravity. Bonus points: mad Hawks fan.

He's a ridiculously smart player is Cam

He is the one. if we’re serious about taking real action on climate change we need to pick him at 7.

Big Games from MacKenzie and Hotton might ruin our chances to get them at 7 and 25, although i would prefer a mid and forward, i can live with a mid and goal kicking winger.

i love Clark and he has had 2 great years, but MacKenzie fits what we're looking for and the fact he is a hawks supporter and the luck we and other clubs have with hawks supporting youngsters(they are built to succeed it seems) makes him the perfect option imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Games from MacKenzie and Hotton might ruin our chances to get them at 7 and 25, although i would prefer a mid and forward, i can live with a mid and goal kicking winger.

i love Clark and he has had 2 great years, but MacKenzie fits what we're looking for and the fact he is a hawks supporter and the luck we and other clubs have with hawks supporting youngsters(they are built to succeed it seems) makes him the perfect option imo.
CMac2‘s kicking is exquisite and he can give it a fair roost. Gimme class goal kicking mids all day everyday.

CMac and CMac2 in the same side next year will be a treat.

Hotton is the one who is gonna bolt, he had a great game, played higher up the ground then i've normally seen him and he found it all game, he was super clean and made great decisions and just seems a super smart footballer.
Couldn't agree more. He's coming with a rush! I like him higher up the ground. He had a great carnival as well. Looking fwd to see him go again next week.

Sheezel great contested mark and goal, I'd hate to see him at the scum which looks likely.
That’s best case scenario, for us - if we can’t Draft him then let him go to scum - je should have an inherent hatred for them & walk out to us in 2 years time!

*no, I don’t actually believe this is a thing…

Not just your heart it’ll break, but his own as well. As much as he’ll say he’s stoked to join the suns in the media if it happens, we all know deep down he’ll be gutted that he was one pick away from joining his childhood club

Hewett looks like a jet in the middle that moves forward, has that explosiveness look about him with skill …….. could be the one that WC is looking at which will have a domino effect or could be another choice for us to consider. MM will be working overtime next few weeks.

MacKenzie would be taken before Clark I’d think
Clark’s long been held as one of the big 5 in this draft.

People in here banging on about how McKenzie’s a Hawthorn supporter like it means anything might be getting a bit misty eyed over a player that we overlook at our pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back