List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to be pro active with 14 and 17 and get someone in with them. We are ahead of where we are expected to be so strike now! A big bodied mid would be great, A ruck would be great too (ladhams:rolleyes:) and i would say a key forward but we are going to have to roll with buddy, ried and McDonald for next year.

Spewing that mid wont be Hopper. De Goey would be nice but i think pies have come to thier senses. Maybe even matt crouch if its for a bag of chips.

Anyway I think its wishful thinking as we just used the cash we had in bud, Lloyd is probably gone and we will just draft 14 and 17 for cheap list spots if nothing else.

I understand many are now desperate for a 200cm 100kg gorilla defender. But I'm going to go against the tide and say we don't need one. Plus I don't think there is one readily available anyway.

What we need is for our boys to have played to their usual intensity today. They were completely off. Smashed at the contest, loose marking of opponents, dropping off tackles, fumbling, not working hard enough - the list was endless. King Kong at FB would have made no difference today. Any KPD and defence in general will wilt under the quality and quantity of inside 50s the Cats midfield was generating.

By all means, let's draft a KPD or trade one in if available. But let's not kid ourselves as to where this game was lost. Our midfielders are the ones who need to do the most self reflection after today.

Yeah we do. Just can't get them it seems.

Legitimately need a JPK replacement (pipe dream)

But legit would love a 190cm plus, 85-95kg bull in there as something different.

Want Bevan in this draft, but ideally look for a player in the 2016-2018 draft.

Quick look and a few gettables but nowhere near a graders:
Setterfield
SPP
Drew
Dow?

Pipedream would be Green. Would throw all the picks to get him

Need to be pro active with 14 and 17 and get someone in with them. We are ahead of where we are expected to be so strike now! A big bodied mid would be great, A ruck would be great too (ladhams:rolleyes:) and i would say a key forward but we are going to have to roll with buddy, ried and McDonald for next year.

Spewing that mid wont be Hopper. De Goey would be nice but i think pies have come to thier senses. Maybe even matt crouch if its for a bag of chips.

Anyway I think its wishful thinking as we just used the cash we had in bud, Lloyd is probably gone and we will just draft 14 and 17 for cheap list spots if nothing else.
What a lot of rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lose a grand final and resort to slingshot trading and drafting. Yeah. That will make a difference.
Exactly. This is the same list most were so optimistic about 24 hours ago. You'd think we are Norf reading some of the posts here (mind you the way we played today, they would've beaten us....).

Great player, not too fussed on him as a person based off of multiple off field incidents.
We brought in a bloke who doesn't appear to have his head too screwed on last year who hasn't even proven himself.

What's the worst that can happen? Lose a grand final by 100 points? Been there dome that.

Degeoy and Warner would be a devastating 1-2 punch in the middle

We brought in a bloke who doesn't appear to have his head too screwed on last year who hasn't even proven himself.

What's the worst that can happen? Lose a grand final by 100 points? Been there dome that.

Also had what? 4 touches in the prelim vs us?

He is a very mercurial footballer.

We need a bread and butter contested beast for a full game. Time machine and 2021 JOK would be right on the money

Exactly. This is the same list most were so optimistic about 24 hours ago. You'd think we are Norf reading some of the posts here (mind you the way we played today, they would've beaten us....).
Think most just want to bolster what we have. We had a great year, way better then expected. Would love to ad the cherries to go one better next year. You know lions and pies are both already doing this.

Also had what? 4 touches in the prelim vs us?

He is a very mercurial footballer.

We need a bread and butter contested beast for a full game. Time machine and 2021 JOK would be right on the money
The two finals before that he was bog. More than what most of our current mob can say for themselves.

We put work into degoey last week. Good luck doing that if he played along side warner

And when that fails what is your plan B or C or D. And when you run out of salary cap what is your plan Z?

I understand many are now desperate for a 200cm 100kg gorilla defender. But I'm going to go against the tide and say we don't need one. Plus I don't think there is one readily available anyway.

What we need is for our boys to have played to their usual intensity today. They were completely off. Smashed at the contest, loose marking of opponents, dropping off tackles, fumbling, not working hard enough - the list was endless. King Kong at FB would have made no difference today. Any KPD and defence in general will wilt under the quality and quantity of inside 50s the Cats midfield was generating.

By all means, let's draft a KPD or trade one in if available. But let's not kid ourselves as to where this game was lost. Our midfielders are the ones who need to do the most self reflection after today.
Yep, I don’t think a ‘gorilla defender’ would have made much difference today. We lost the game starting in the midfield, that’s where we need to concentrate on.

And when that fails what is your plan B or C or D. And when you run out of salary cap what is your plan Z?
I know we will just run out the same next year. Maybe Parker fires in a gf just for something different.

We lost this game in the middle. Sure there forwards got on tip but they had so many opportunities. Our forwards did bugger all but they only seen the footy once every 20 mins.

Sort the guts out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back