List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay is the window for signing anyone closed now? It's 5pm in VFL land.

Are you advocating being radical and trying to target large small forwards? Or maybe we should consider a small large forward?
Not me. I'm a conservative who thinks everyone should play in the position they were drafted in. We are stuffing up Mundy's career, and hope that is put right for the second half of it.

I'm comfortable with the Club's decision to choose Western, Henry, Switkowski, Crowden, Schultz, Serong and Colyer to accompany Walters. Plenty of quality. Questionable development.
Western, Henry, Colyer,Serong are not small forwards.
Not sure any of the other players are except Schultz.
If there is a one touch player available I would consider them.

In my opinion wing's, forward flank and forward pocket are the weakest area of our team.

Western, Henry, Colyer,Serong are not small forwards.
Not sure any of the other players are except Schultz.
If there is a one touch player available I would consider them.

In my opinion wing's, forward flank and forward pocket are the weakest area of our team.
It's irrelevant that they aren't small forwards. It is not going to work having a team loaded with small players which brings list management and development into question.

We saw it in the aami game where Crowden struggled to have an impact. He has the skillset. But his career is looking shakey. Walters and Switkowski by contrast don't rely on their midfield output and contribute forward. I think if Western can't do the same he is swimming against the tide.

Two smallish forwards is plenty, and for us that is Walters and one of Schultz or Switkowski. I'd even be happy with one small forward and Sturt, Erasmus or Fyfe alongside Lobb, Taberner and Treacy.

Fine with me if we bring in a talented player such as Rachele. If there is someone of that calibre grab them.

If we are considering local small forwards for emergency top up, then I hope Tyrone Thorne gets named. He deserves a chance at AFL level.

I think we've got more than enough ok to good small forwards - we now need elite.

Also, Peel did a profile on Tyrone last week and one of the questions was, what's your worst habit and he said ball watching, so other than being ****ing tiny, he has this weakness and from my experience, once a ball watcher, always a ball watcher.

I think we've got more than enough ok to good small forwards - we now need elite.

Also, Peel did a profile on Tyrone last week and one of the questions was, what's your worst habit and he said ball watching, so other than being ******* tiny, he has this weakness and from my experience, once a ball watcher, always a ball watcher.
Maybe he should have said eczema

Schloithe burnt bridges at Freo on the way out. Don’t think we’ll be putting his name up as a top up. The budgies up the road can nominate him.

I suspect the players we have had train with us (plus Zac Strom who hasn’t trained with us and Chad Pearson who we have previously been interested in) as well as ex-players like Giro, Watson, Matera, Pina, Scott Jones etc. plus a few others will be in our sights.

Of those ex-Freo players only Pina plays for a NGA-aligned club. The others may well be in West Coast’s sights though.

Our five train-ons all play for NGA-aligned clubs as do Strom and Derkson who the AFL knocked back. The issue with Strom and Derkson is that they didn’t nominate for the draft - the AFL may not care as much when they’re not actually becoming part of our list.

Assuming the AFL allows us to place them on our top-up list, I guess as follows:
Peel: Luke Polsen, Wade Derkson, Tyrone Thorne, Lachlan Cullen
South Freo: Blake Schlensog, Zac Strom, Toby McQuilkin, Tom Blechynden
Claremont: Bailey Rogers, Jye Bolton, Oliver Eastland, Ronin O’Connor
West Perth: Tyler Keitel, Luke Meadows, Noah Pegoraro, Ben Johnson
East Freo: Jeremy Goddard, Josh Schoenfeld, Jarrad Jansen, Jonathon Marsh.

Good mix for me, although I struggled with East Freo tbh (Thanks West Coast).

Last edited:

Also, Peel did a profile on Tyrone last week and one of the questions was, what's your worst habit and he said ball watching, so other than being ******* tiny, he has this weakness and from my experience, once a ball watcher, always a ball watcher.
We have one work in progress (Western), two who have reached their ceiling (Schultz and Colyer), one inconsistent player (Walters) and an unknown (Switta). Not exactly awe inspiring but they should be able to get the job done. Need to compensate with elite mid sized forwards such as Freddy and Sturt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sneaky chance of Nick Suburban being listed as a top up player?

Harley Bennell has recently returned to Peel Thunder - they’d be more chance of that!

Let’s get Cam McCarthy back too.

If we’re down to top ups we’re ****ed anyway (unless the other team is too) so may as well have some fun.

Edit: Jesse Cry-*##n is back at East Freo - get him on board too!

Last edited:
But we need skills that we don't already have on our list...

1633172957670.gif

1633173071075.gif

Anyone know what the deal is with this top up player scheme from the POV of the WAFL club? Do they get to replace those players, is there any compensation or is it another case of "thank you sir, may I have another"? Don't get me wrong, I'd love the players to get a chance at AFL level, but what's the cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back