Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps could have had a huge day 5 shots at goal. Got the ball plenty just didn’t use it well
H had a great day. Should have kicked a couple more and could had got a couple of extra frees.

GWS really made no efforts to spoil just body checked continually.

Young needs to get his marking mojo back. Cost us a couple of goals

This kicking around the body s**t is starting to really piss me off

Every week at least 2-3 shots get fluffed from that.I think were one if not the most around the corner kick side in the afl.

Charlie (goes ok) Harry (as well but sometimes from too far out) Crippa (absolutely horrendous).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy with the win but some players games worry me.
Cripps had so much of it but was disappointing,the 3 smalls wtf,honey ive no idea how he gets game time.
Durdin and motlop have looked promising at times but today didnt show much,great goal from durdin apart.

Yep. I have absolutely no problem with it closer than 40m.

But it is RIDICULOUS to be doing this from 45m. For mine it is essentially signalling a form of weakness to the opposition, not having the courage to go back kick through the ball properly and kick a goal.

The most annoying part is McKay is actually a good long kick when he goes the drop punt.

Cripps was absolutely kidding himself with that effort (although that seems to be the norm with him these days).

Coaches need to step in and create a team rule about this, have seen enough.
Which kick did he try from 45 on an angle?

I'd like to see that incident where Greene rushed in super fast and late. Gave Weiters a corky and almost knocked his head off.
Not on.

Last edited:
It wasn't the best of performances. No doubt the effort was there but we are not playing with great system at the moment. They one area of the game plan that really needs some serious work is our connection between the mods and forwards.. I think I only saw once where we were able to pick a player free inside a crowded 50 when Cripps floated in to take the uncontested mark.

There is so much potential for improvement. 6 goal margin is decent but it did feel quite scrappy. And Cripps is definitely playing some, shall we say, not very smart football at the moment.

Adam Saad says hello.

This just about sums it up for mine.

Loving cottrell’s improvement. Got plenty of time for players that attack the contest with intensity and give their all. Doesn’t lose too many 1v1s. Needs to tidy up some decision making, but that will come.

Cotters strikes me as a confidence player. When he feels like he belongs in the senior team as an automatic selection then I think, well hope, that we will see the best of him. I particuarly noticed how hard he ran back in defence to help out today, he's improving steadily and the team will be better for it as his confidence grows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps had so much of it but was disappointing,the 3 smalls wtf,honey ive no idea how he gets game time.
Durdin and motlop have looked promising at times but today didnt show much,great goal from durdin apart.
I thought Honey was really good.

Only kicked 1. Could have kicked 3. He's lost a bit of confidence in his goal kicking. But very smart player and very quick. He came from miles back to run down a GWS player on the middle - like a bullet.

Might keep his spot over Motlop. I think Owies comes straight back in next week.

I think those 2 + Honey are all extremely promising young players but it's difficult carrying all 3 of them at the moment - just too much inexperience in the one forward line for mine. Of course currently there are probably no better options - gotta wait for Owies and/or Martin to get back and maybe pray for a miracle with Cuningham?

Setters went up a gear today. Gov took some nice marks and got through. SOS was btilliant. Honey played his best game this year. Cotters was very good. Don't think there were any big injuries. Good result.

Main worry today was not playing Pitto. He looked ready last week yet we really threw Tom to the wolves today. Copped an absolute battering. Just not smart at all and unnecessary.

Preuss is a meathead.

And LOB was ok in patches but fluffed his lines a bit again today. He's not far off but it hasn't quite clicked.

Just under 31k

Thanks. Another decent crowd.
It was the most lopsided crowd I have ever seen.

And it made one element of the match really bizarre.

I normally listen to crowd reaction when I can't tell if a kick was a goal or a behind.

With the crowd almost 100% Blues, GWS' shots on goal today were so confusing. There was crowd cheering for misses and silence for goals.

I adjusted after a bit, but it's the opposite of what my brain has been trained to interpret from watching footy for 30+ years.

I normally listen to crowd reaction when I can't tell if a kick was a goal or a behind.

With the crowd almost 100% Blues, GWS' shots on goal today were so confusing. There was crowd cheering for misses and silence for goals.

I adjusted after a bit, but it's the opposite of what my brain has been trained to interpret from watching footy for 30+ years.

Also, I loved the fact that the two biggest cheers for the day were Toby shanking his snap shot and when Walsh came back onto the field...

Agreed. He deliberately went in to hurt Weitering. Such a pr!ck of a player.
He comes in late way too often.
Talented but yeah. A total arse.

Easiest way I found was to look for the sole orange pom pom waving in their cheer squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Back