VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Windy rested? Makes sense as most of the other young kids so far this season have been given a rest and he had a limited pre season!

Clark looked a little rusty, give him another week and back for the Cows.

Highmore and Sharman too good for this level, you would think other clubs are asking the question….
Yeah Hunter hardly hit a target all day by foot Sharman was very good overhead and seemed to be getting up and down the ground a bit more , Billings was pretty good as was Lienert and Highmore, its a matter of how many changes they want to make , id say its Butler and Nas rested .
There are a lot on here that want Wood dropped but he wont be after his game on the weekend , was far from the worst

Yeah Hunter hardly hit a target all day by foot Sharman was very good overhead and seemed to be getting up and down the ground a bit more , Billings was pretty good as was Lienert and Highmore, its a matter of how many changes they want to make , id say its Butler and Nas rested .
There are a lot on here that want Wood dropped but he wont be after his game on the weekend , was far from the worst
Pretty sure NWN will plat going by social media ( Saints insta )
thing about the jumper he will be wearing this week

Pretty sure NWN will plat going by social media ( Saints insta )
thing about the jumper he will be wearing this week
Oh , that jumper game is this weekend ?

Just checked , those jumpers are for rounds 10 and 11 so he may not be playing this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh , that jumper game is this weekend ?
The AFL released the dates and times for Sir Doug Nicholls Round which will be held across Rounds 10 and 11 of the 2022 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

The Toyota AFL Sir Doug Nicholls Round coincides with National Reconciliation Week which runs from Friday, May 27 to Friday, June 3.

All 18 clubs will wear jumpers designed by Indigenous Australians to celebrate and recognise the history of First Nations' cultures across Australia.

The Sir Doug Nicholls Round commences in Round 10 and will be launched with a Friday night blockbuster between Carlton and the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium. (From the article on AFL webcite Apr 12, 2022, 5:30pm)

I thought Wood was good.
He kicks both those goals instead of points and he helps put us 2 goals down 10 minutes into the Fourth....F*ck he kicks both those goals...and the team goes...we will get on The M train today and the Dtrain gets shitty and wants some of the guys back on his train...and the result is different...then we spend the week hearing about how they Fu*led it in the first 1 1/4 quarters and they turned it around....I sound like an optimist I know....However if Saints nail their set shots like Melbourne did it's is potentially an even game 10 minutes into the 4th quarter....do Melbourne shit the bed, coz the are about to lose?
Question for the audience.☺️

Last edited:
No one's posted this yet:

Matthew Allison​

Eight disposals, three marks

"Matthew Allison in action on Saturday. Photo: Mark Woods, Sandringham Zebras.
Matty played on the wing alongside Jack. Once again, he is progressing and learning. It wasn’t an amazing day to be a winger, it was scrappy so often you’re out on the island by yourself. The stuff that may go unnoticed by onlookers, Matty does well. He had a couple of shots on goal and ran well. He did some strong team-first things, and as a winger you can have those type of days, but he controlled what he could."

Sigh. He kicks multiple goals first time we put him forward and we shunt him back to the wing...

Jack Bytel​

25 disposals, seven clearances, eight inside-50s, four tackles

"Jack was similar to Mitch, it was a step forward for him this week. He had a purpose, he was aggressive and looked confident, which is what you want from your inside midfielders. He’s still working through the challenges of when to head forward and when to stay behind the ball, but he’s covering the ground well and is getting better at that, which is important for us."

Bytel's issue from the insiders view seems to just be calibrating his game sense of where to go on the ground. It's something I'd noticed at AFL level, he can get lost and find himself on the wrong side of the contests to get the ball often.

Mitch Owens​

32 disposals, 18 contested possessions, 10 clearances, eight inside-50s

Those are beastly numbers aren't they...

This may be harsh Espescially so early in his career but I’m seriously concerned about Mitch Owens’s kicking. Technically it’s horrible and I think it may always hold him back. I hope he proves me wrong of course but it is a concern. On the other hand I do see a situation where he becomes a more explosive Josh Dunkley

This may be harsh Espescially so early in his career but I’m seriously concerned about Mitch Owens’s kicking. Technically it’s horrible and I think it may always hold him back. I hope he proves me wrong of course but it is a concern. On the other hand I do see a situation where he becomes a more explosive Josh Dunkley
His kicking is definitely his biggest issue

The stats he had on the weekend was a dominant game but didn't seem to have a huge amount of impact

Hunts still looks super skinny, would love to see him put a little bit more on

Hunter.jpg

Hunts still looks super skinny, would love to see him put a little bit more on

Hunter.jpg

He’s probably not going to put on anything, or at least it aesthetically won’t look like that, and that’s fine. As long as his footy doesn’t suffer and I can’t see why it would.

Plenty of guys aren’t going to jack up to Petracca levels, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t strong.

I know it's harsh and could still be too early to call, but is Allison a bust? of all the times I've watched him he seemingly has little to no impact at all. He's key forward size but isn't really a marking forward. He's athletic and fit but never seems to be able to find the ball when played on the wing. And when he's sent back he looks lost and out of place and can't defend.

Out of all our recent draftees he seems to be the only one who hasn't showed at least glimpses of potential.
I'd be very surprised if he's on the list beyond 2023.

edit: just noticed he has a contract to the end of 2024.. wowee

He’s probably not going to put on anything, or at least it aesthetically won’t look like that, and that’s fine. As long as his footy doesn’t suffer and I can’t see why it would.

Plenty of guys aren’t going to jack up to Petracca levels, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t strong.
Pendles looked pretty similar at 22 (2010 grand final)

I'm sure he'll eventually be able to put on some muscle it's just a matter of how much

I know it's harsh and could still be too early to call, but is Allison a bust? of all the times I've watched him he seemingly has little to no impact at all. He's key forward size but isn't really a marking forward. He's athletic and fit but never seems to be able to find the ball when played on the wing. And when he's sent back he looks lost and out of place and can't defend.

Out of all our recent draftees he seems to be the only one who hasn't showed at least glimpses of potential.
I'd be very surprised if he's on the list beyond 2023.

edit: just noticed he has a contract to the end of 2024.. wowee
Too early to say he's a bust but I wouldn't be putting money on him making it.

He was very lucky to get a 2 year deal so early

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back