Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 200 posts or whatever is why I won’t be listening to trade radio. I tuned in for a day last year to hear old mate and SOS waxing lyrical about bugger all in between hundreds of these adds being referenced. Not worth it.
Yep, simply check the update headlines on the AFL website and you're good to go.

With no trade news to speak of, I decided to read Sliding D*cks...because it's back, in full swing! Apparently Hayden Young is going to be an All Australian next year! What a bold, and risky prediction to make! Kudos Damo!

Young is no chance

Has to have a couple of AA years first to be noticed over here

He's had 8 weeks so far
Yep, first you have to have a season that's statistically better than any Vitorian player, but be snubbed for the squad anyways. The season after that, you'll be selected for the squad, but on the bench. You'll then have a season that is unrivaled in the modern AFL era and just scrape on to the bench of the final 22. WA players are the AFL's Oliver Twists!

I second all the Rheem love. Well earned.

Re: Valvaline - no I don't know and even if I did, and I knew it was Valvaline, I still wouldn't buy it because your ads are terrrible.
I always wondered what he meant as a kid. Now I know he means fossil fuel consumption and destruction of the planet. It's a great pitch! =P

Thankfully our trade threads are always much more exciting than the actual trade week. Nobody does it like Freo Big Footy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I second all the Rheem love. Well earned.

Re: Valvaline - no I don't know and even if I did, and I knew it was Valvaline, I still wouldn't buy it because your ads are terrrible.

Okay. But did you install a Rheem?

i know we love to play the victim a bit but andy got in in his first elite year, young will be so good itll be obvious for everyone to see
Andy was huge last year and is part of a massive sporting family

The brayshaw name has done him wonders for being recognised, let's not kid ourselves

Thankfully our trade threads are always much more exciting than the actual trade week. Nobody does it like Freo Big Footy!

Yeah, but the Freo board is always the best during the off-season.

Okay. But did you install a Rheem?
Rheem is a great endorser for Trade Week, as that's what many clubs do to each other when it comes to handing over picks!

I think this trade radio is melting all y'all brains.
No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Was he? My bad.

I thought he was OOC and Hogan was in contract.
GWS had a really tight cap at that stage.

"The Giants gave up Lobb and picks No.14, 43 and 47 to Fremantle while they received picks No.11 and 19.

That No.19 selection had only been recently acquired in the swap that made onballer Lachie Neale a Brisbane Lion.

Lobb had been contracted until the end of 2019 but has been given a four-year deal by Freo.

GWS has been open about the pressure on its salary cap and the West Australian is believed to have earned more than $700,000 per year on his contract."

Last edited:
Apparently he hit the trigger for a new contract.

'It’s understood the 31-year-old had triggered a contract for 2023 and Seven’s Ryan Daniel reports West Coast was keen on him to go around again.'

That just doesn't make any sense for WCE. Its like they have had their 2016 year but they think they are going to bounce straight back up next year.

Well perhaps they might make a bit of a bounce to 10th or so. But that isn't a good outcome for them. They could be stuck in the mid-tier of the bottom 10 for a long time with a v.slow build-up

How to Geelong get this AND bruhn done will be interesting.

Geelong doing amazing work here once again. Selwood out, they have a bunch of mids from the last 2 drafts, plus adding Bruhn. Plus more firepower in their forward line in anticipation of Hawkins retirement in a couple of years.

Premiership favourite for 2023.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back