List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Highmore came in and was having the season Battle is, we would all be jumping and raving..let's not forget Battle is younger than Tommy too

Battle is just up to 59 games. So he is starting to benefit from having played enough games to have had the experience to know what to do in each game now.

And that’s pretty much what I said. I still the midfield lacks a player like Clark. Let’s not get carried away yet. I think I’ve stuck up for Ross nearly more than anyone here but if the coach thinks Clark can be another point of difference in the midfield then Ross is the first out. That doesn’t mean dropped. They may find another position for him. Anyway by the time Clark is fit enough to be a proper mid we will certainly know if the midfield is good enough without him.

I haven't seen enough of Clark in the mids to know what type he is on ball. In a few he has been given single games and dropped back to defence the following week. It looks to me that his two way running lacks a bit of enthusiasm and he looks a bit slow without being able to wind up. Ross has a similar lack of two way enthusiasm but quicker off a couple of steps. You are really only playing him on potential at that point.

To me Seb's best quality this year is he seems to be zippier and making a lot more brave decisions that aren't going nowhere any more. Crouch and Steele aren't plodders but they are similar paced types. Jones and Gresham are our true quicks but Seb in the GC game played close and stood off in space to take clean possession and run.

At the moment he's really stepped it up. To the point that it would be hard to drop him for a fit Jones even. Last year you wouldn't have even blinked before making that call.

Wow, both would be contentious but I don’t mind how left field that call is.

Rankine would cost too much and have an
Adelaide bias no?

Stephenson is a big game player but IDK, he’s got some bad off-field history, not sure if he’s pass our no dickheads rule. Plus you’d think after North picked him up for nothing they wouldn’t be so keen to let him go for nothing.

I do like your train of thought though. Despite us having really good small forward depth I wouldn’t have said no if we drafted Rachele last year for example, and if there were some players like that bubbling around or out of favour it could be a savvy pick up. Like Tyson Stengle for Geelong last off-season. It’d be pure luxury though, far from our greatest need.

Rankine hasn't fired and the media have suggested that he's Adelaide bound if he leaves. More those types than anything. Scoring players who can roll through the mids. Rankine I still hold out hope will star one day.

I haven't seen enough of Clark in the mids to know what type he is on ball. In a few he has been given single games and dropped back to defence the following week. It looks to me that his two way running lacks a bit of enthusiasm and he looks a bit slow without being able to wind up. Ross has a similar lack of two way enthusiasm but quicker off a couple of steps. You are really only playing him on potential at that point.

To me Seb's best quality this year is he seems to be zippier and making a lot more brave decisions that aren't going nowhere any more. Crouch and Steele aren't plodders but they are similar paced types. Jones and Gresham are our true quicks but Seb in the GC game played close and stood off in space to take clean possession and run.

At the moment he's really stepped it up. To the point that it would be hard to drop him for a fit Jones even. Last year you wouldn't have even blinked before making that call.
Clark is probably the slowest of them all but is completely different and his pace doesn’t seem to matter. Doesn’t get caught with the ball to much. I’m not talking 2 weeks by the way. It might not happen or it may need to happen. I stand by things could look completely different in 4 weeks.

Rankine hasn't fired and the media have suggested that he's Adelaide bound if he leaves. More those types than anything. Scoring players who can roll through the mids. Rankine I still hold out hope will star one day.
of the suns players I'd be looking at other than the obvious ones (king, rowell, anderson), the one I'd be looking at for a cheapie pick is Elijah Hollands. He was a top 10 pick midfielder, very talented. Even with an ACL was top 10. Due to injury and depth has been stuck in the 2s behind Rowell, Miller, Anderson, Ellis.

Next draft we should attempt to get the highest draft pick as possible and if we get the opportunity poach a young good player from another club - we picked up 3 kids that all could be top line midfielders in a couple years and we are still to see what Bytel can offer.

Understandable but if King gets injured what do we do? Also worth a lot of currency or if they don’t work out as a forward they can almost always be switched to defence or be serviceable back up rucks.

Hayes, Coops maybe even put Howard forward with Joyce back.

Hayes, Coops maybe even put Howard forward with Joyce back.
None are that big dominating forward although coops looked great last year.
I’d probably have Heath in if max went down.
Would prefer to keep the talent ticking over and draft a gun key to learn under Max. Big forwards are back in style!

Would prefer to keep the talent ticking over and draft a gun key to learn under Max. Big forwards are back in style!

Heath or Campbell hold our structure of a long bomb target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark is probably the slowest of them all but is completely different and his pace doesn’t seem to matter. Doesn’t get caught with the ball to much. I’m not talking 2 weeks by the way. It might not happen or it may need to happen. I stand by things could look completely different in 4 weeks.

Clarke can stop time, then plod to where he needs to be.

You've been watching too many Cat's games.
We have plenty tall enough.
No-one stockpiles high priced tall forwards.
Sharman is the same height as Nick Riewoldt, which other "good" tall forwards did we have for the decade between Gehrig retiring and Riewoldt retiring?

You've been watching too many Cat's games.
We have plenty tall enough.
No-one stockpiles high priced tall forwards.
Sharman is the same height as Nick Riewoldt, which other "good" tall forwards did we have for the decade between Gehrig retiring and Riewoldt retiring?
The game has changed. Most top key position players are 2m tall and the top teams tend to have 2 or more.
Who said stockpile high prices tall forwards? I said we should keep prioritising drafting mids or KPFs. Keep the talent ticking over for years to come and grow great depth.

What’s the alternative here? Draft half back flankers?

I remember drooling over Rankine at draft time. Was half hoping he’d drop to us. Definitely had the highest bust potential of the top 7 though. 4 years in and not doing much - has he been injured a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back