List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember drooling over Rankine at draft time. Was half hoping he’d drop to us. Definitely had the highest bust potential of the top 7 though. 4 years in and not doing much - has he been injured a lot?

He's struggled a bit with minor injury but he's just not been as good as hoped yet. I think he'll be okay with time but probably needs to be a cherry on a cake type more than a prime mover.

He's struggled a bit with minor injury but he's just not been as good as hoped yet. I think he'll be okay with time but probably needs to be a cherry on a cake type more than a prime mover.
He missed a heap of time through injury and another thing is the development at the Suns is woeful , they have killed careers , luckily a few guys managed to get out before there career was finished - Peter Wright , Lyons , Brodie and who knows who else fell out of favor.

I still think there's something in the Xerri attempt from last trade period.

We were obviously in his ear and he wanted to come. He seems to have put off contract talks so I'd be for us making another play at seasons end if it were to go that way.

Ryder is more than likely retiring next season so it would be good to have s bit of back up because Heath will definitely be a few years away.

We were obviously in his ear and he wanted to come. He seems to have put off contract talks so I'd be for us making another play at seasons end if it were to go that way.

Ryder is more than likely retiring next season so it would be good to have s bit of back up because Heath will definitely be a few years away.
Xerri is up for a new contract , so it will be interesting what happens at end of season.
We all know GWS is going to struggle to keep a lot of there stars because they have a few on big contracts for years but the Dogs are in the same boat and having scored Darcy and Ugle - Hagan the last 2 years you would think they are going to have to make room and Smith , Daniel , Dale , English , Dunkley are all looking for new contracts.

What’s the alternative here? Draft half back flankers?

dPzOpnB.gif

Battle is just up to 59 games. So he is starting to benefit from having played enough games to have had the experience to know what to do in each game now.
He would more than likely he a better player if we had just kept him in defence after a good year there in 2019

Still has a bit of work to on his defensive game but he's tracking well

Not sure who Heath was up against at the Suns but if he keeps playing like that, he’s not too far away from AFL

”The big man – operating as the No. 1 ruck in the absence of Tom Campbell (AFL emergency) – stepped up to the plate with a leading 28 hit-outs, 16 touches and three second-half goals”

Not sure who Heath was up against at the Suns but if he keeps playing like that, he’s not too far away from AFL

”The big man – operating as the No. 1 ruck in the absence of Tom Campbell (AFL emergency) – stepped up to the plate with a leading 28 hit-outs, 16 touches and three second-half goals”
Against Ned Moyle who went 2 places before him in the MSD.
It's great that Moose toweled him up but don't read too much else into it.

Pretty interesting that we had 6 players taken outside of the main draft in our 22 on the weekend (Lienert, Hayes and Wood as Supplementary Players, Wilkie, Sinclair and Marshall as Rookies). That's more than a quarter of our starting squad, and the latter 3 at least are undoubtedly best 22. Equally, of the rest of the squad, only NWM, Crouch (mini draft), Gresham, Higgins, and King were taken in the top 20 of their draft, with Steele i think being bid on in the top 20, but taken at 24.
Goes to show that on the one hand, you don't necessarily need super high end picks to build a winning team, and on the other, players can come good later in their career and shouldn't be written off just because they don't dominate as 18-20 year olds. Also goes to show that despite our poor drafting with first round picks over the last 10 or so years, we've really been able to nail our later ones. Hope that that can continue

He was up against Ned Moyle who is another young ruck

Moyle had 37 hit outs from memory but Heath obviously had him around the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was up against Ned Moyle who is another young ruck

Moyle had 37 hit outs from memory but Heath obviously had him around the ground
Taken the same mid season draft but heath defiantly looked to be the better player. Heath is gonna be a good tap ruckman but was dominate around the ground as you said. Reckon him an marshal will be a good pairing next year. I don’t think he is far off it

Taken the same mid season draft but heath defiantly looked to be the better player. Heath is gonna be a good tap ruckman but was dominate around the ground as you said. Reckon him an marshal will be a good pairing next year. I don’t think he is far off it
His follow up work is very impressive and the fact he can clearly go forward and kick a goal

Still think he's a bit off AFL level though ut coming along nicely

His follow up work is very impressive and the fact he can clearly go forward and kick a goal

Still think he's a bit off AFL level though ut coming along nicely

Hey, do you think, with the inclusion of Heath that we will continue to pursue another ruckman to add to list to help out Marshal. Or do you think we will leave it at that and look to fill other needs?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey, do you think, with the inclusion of Heath that we will continue to pursue another ruckman to add to list to help out Marshal. Or do you think we will leave it at that and look to fill other needs?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good question

I think if Heath continues to improve like he is we will probably stick to what we've got

Hayes and Marshall works ok at the moment and Heath's ability to play forward means he might be a good long term option with Marshall

Depends if Campbell plays on though. If he and Ryder both call time we need to find someone else but that could be another cheap option

Against Ned Moyle who went 2 places before him in the MSD.
It's great that Moose toweled him up but don't read too much else into it.

He did a lot right though, not necessarily dependant on his matchups. Moved to the right places, marked well, kicked well.

Think Sam Collins would be a great fit for us down back. Unfortunately he is one Sun that wouldn't be available.
Gee he was impressive for them.

Where I was sitting on the wing, there was a number of our own supporters who turned their heads to one another and applauded his come from nowhere down low spoil on king (second quarter I think)

Good question

I think if Heath continues to improve like he is we will probably stick to what we've got

Hayes and Marshall works ok at the moment and Heath's ability to play forward means he might be a good long term option with Marshall

Depends if Campbell plays on though. If he and Ryder both call time we need to find someone else but that could be another cheap option

I think it means we can take a fairly high risk option as a development ruck.
Playing ruck - Marshall - Hayes - Campbell - Heath. + Rookie Ruck.
I just worry about our development program, these guys need targets to achieve each year, but we tend to hang onto them like we did with Pierce.

If they aren't going to make it we need to let them go and take another dip.

Gee he was impressive for them.

Where I was sitting on the wing, there was a number of our own supporters who turned their heads to one another and applauded his come from nowhere down low spoil on king (second quarter I think)
We were putting that down to a great play by us, and all turned to each other and said the same. Thought it was a Lay down misère King would take that mark.

I remember drooling over Rankine at draft time. Was half hoping he’d drop to us. Definitely had the highest bust potential of the top 7 though. 4 years in and not doing much - has he been injured a lot?
All it took was Bruce to froth and go all Cyril on Rankine during his first 5 games to give Rankine a reputation of being the next prodigy. He has potential but is falling short of expectation that was built by this. he's only played 32 games, still time

Giants

Taranto - still uncontracted. Would cost a lot but would be a huge addition to our midfield and can rest forward

Briggs - if we are looking for a ready made Ryder replacement. He's been good in the VFL and even in the AFL when he gets am opportunity. Looks to be behind Preuss and Flynn

O'Hallaron - a good clearance player with a burst of speed that just can't break into their midfield and plays out of position. Not sure he'd be able to break into ours though so may have the same issues. I think there are probably better suitors for him out there

Bruhn - very promising young mid that can also go forward and kick a goal. Could be a Steele type of trade where you can get him at a good price before he explodes. Will be hard to bea tr Geelong to his signature though.

Port

Outside of Amon most players we'd want are contracted, but if shit really hits the fan you might be able to target a contracted player.
I wouldn't mind having a crack at transforming Darcy Fogarty into a key back a la P. McCartin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back