List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question

I think if Heath continues to improve like he is we will probably stick to what we've got

Hayes and Marshall works ok at the moment and Heath's ability to play forward means he might be a good long term option with Marshall

Depends if Campbell plays on though. If he and Ryder both call time we need to find someone else but that could be another cheap option

Cool. Yeah be interesting to see how it plays out.

If neither of Campbell or Ryder are with us in 2023 it’s a definite watch this space. We’ve had a crack at a few options over the past couple of off seasons.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jones and Billings probably offer more because they’re more senior players, but I actually think Clark is the one who would fit into our team the best despite not having an obvious position.

It’s a bit of a weird call, but his style of play (silk, evasion, more grit then meets the eye) would really just add more class to our team.

Jones would heighten our run and gun, and Billings is a cherry on top who could get off the leash if he’s not a focal point of the team, but Clark actually provides something which we don’t really have any of in the side. He’s a bit like a Sinclair. Except if Sinclairs power is to speed things up, Clark’s is to slow time down (in a good way). Essentially, he’d add another weapon to our ball movement.

Ideally all 3 plus Ryder are in the side in 2 weeks time and if they’re match fit. And that is a really really good team on paper and potential. Would love to keep a kid in as well, namely NVM, as I think it does wonders for the team as a whole.

Tough as to who comes out but that’ll probably be dependent on whose in/out of form when those 4 players return. You want that though, you want our depth to be best 22 quality because that really amps up the selection pressure.

Coffield in for Lienert next year means we get that intercepting defender. Plus hit the draft again you’d think.

So idk who’d we actually target in the trade period. A Key defender would mean one of Battle or Howard goes out of the best 22 and I don’t see that happening. Maybe another forward - but I don’t see us wanting them more then other teams who need forwards badly. More mids then I guess. Ideally this years Cerra equivalent or this years Lipinski equivalent.
Personally I hope we pretty much take best available at the draft, which sounds boring. We have a lot of young talent coming through so taking a free agent could take games of one of our younger guys who have a greater scope for improvement. Key back post for me would be the only one where i think if we could have a good stopper interceptor like a Harris Andrews, Stephen May type that could help sure up our defence and free up guys like Battle to intercept mark more.

Personally I hope we pretty much take best available at the draft, which sounds boring. We have a lot of young talent coming through so taking a free agent could take games of one of our younger guys who have a greater scope for improvement. Key back post for me would be the only one where i think if we could have a good stopper interceptor like a Harris Andrews, Stephen May type that could help sure up our defence and free up guys like Battle to intercept mark more.
Yeah best available with our first rounder if we still have it.

If you pick for needs you can miss out on the Petracca’s, Naughtons, Racheles, Gibcus’, Bonts, etc, if they don’t fit your specific needs that year.

Yeah best available with our first rounder if we still have it.

If you pick for needs you can miss out on the Petracca’s, Naughtons, Racheles, Gibcus’, Bonts, etc, if they don’t fit your specific needs that year.
yep. our new boys are still developing but I'm happy with our present-future core now. There's a good spread of defenders, forwards and now different types of midfielders.

Team balance is right we can go back to just picking lotteries with the highest talent prospect each year.

I was hoping we'd take Collins as a DFA after Freo and then again before GC were given access to state league players

He is a quality footballer

The AFL manipulated the system to get him to GC for nothing. I was keen too after his season at Werribee. They got Corbett in the same bullshit deal and he's turning into a more than handy pick up too.

All it took was Bruce to froth and go all Cyril on Rankine during his first 5 games to give Rankine a reputation of being the next prodigy. He has potential but is falling short of expectation that was built by this. he's only played 32 games, still time

He was obscene pre draft. They had to get him to swap sides in one game because he was dominating so much that they called mercy and moved him over to the opposition.

The AFL manipulated the system to get him to GC for nothing. I was keen too after his season at Werribee. They got Corbett in the same bullshit deal and he's turning into a more than handy pick up too.
Any club could have had him as a DFA the year before

He was playing some very good footy even before he went back to the VFL

Any club could have had him as a DFA the year before

He was playing some very good footy even before he went back to the VFL

I only noticed him after playing VFL.

A quick scout reveals he won the Suns club champion award in 2020

Before everyone starts talking best available or how you are spending our first rounder.

Barrels Have you got any insight in our NGA kid this year? Is he any good and likely to make us panic about picks and points?
Bugger all mate. Haven’t paid a second of attention this year, sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop enjoying the real stuff and get to work.
Little fella’s soccer season is about to start.

28 goals in 10 games so far is where my heads at right now… 😍

Before everyone starts talking best available or how you are spending our first rounder.

Barrels Have you got any insight in our NGA kid this year? Is he any good and likely to make us panic about picks and points?
Is there any point in NGA this year? If he’s any good he’ll go before pick 40 no doubt. The afl have screwed us and everyone else with an NGA over

Sounds like an academy trip to England awaits.

Go Barrels Jnr
All jokes aside… he’s awfully awfully good. Technique isn’t like some South American prodigy, but you can’t teach game sense and “where to be”.

I’m stoked for him. Fair to say it didn’t come from me!

All jokes aside… he’s awfully awfully good. Technique isn’t like some South American prodigy, but you can’t teach game sense and “where to be”.

I’m stoked for him. Fair to say it didn’t come from me!
Is he going to be our next Tim Cahill? Dear god the Socceroos need it.

Fantastic work though. Keep it up

Is he going to be our next Tim Cahill? Dear god the Socceroos need it.

Fantastic work though. Keep it up
Give him time… he’s only 7.5! 😂

I thought he’d slow down this year as they now have goalies, but he scored 5 in the praccy match, despite being goalie for a little bit…

Give him time… he’s only 7.5! 😂

I thought he’d slow down this year as they now have goalies, but he scored 5 in the praccy match, despite being goalie for a little bit…
Hahaha If he can kick 5 goals I reckon at 7 years old he’ll be able to break into our national team easily. Run circles around them

H
He had a back injury. Unless we go out and break the kneecaps
Of our NGAs this year we’re more likely to just pick them regularly than them to fall below 40

He had a back injury yes, PLUS limited exposure due to Covid PLUS any club that bid on him after 21 knew he was going to the Saints so didn’t bother. He’s already played multiple AFL games and done quite well in VFL clearly better then a 40+ pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back