List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

This Clark situation is concerning. So we shopped him obviously for some reason most likely we don't see him having the drive to succeed. Next minute he wants to go to the bottom team probably on good coin. They low-ball us and we decide not to give him away for peanuts (right decision).

But now we've got a player who appears unhappy and wants to walk to the bottom team at the first sign of adversity. This is the real concern for me, we need kids that are going to work their asses off to drag us up by their coat-tails.

Obviously the hope now is he sits down with Lenny and really assesses what he wants his career to be and it somehow clicks for him. But there's a good chance we have a genuine trade request on our hands in 12 months time, and also the underlying concern are we pushing shit uphill with this bloke?

Purple trying to say it was pay back for them not trading us Xerri.

He’s another head I’d happily punch, grotty little turd.

qspPB9M.gif

There is no hunter Clark in this draft, think about that when you reflect on what we almost did.
Clark has achieved sweet **** all. He is all “potential”

so if he meets it and wants to leave in 12 months. We get great value.

If he doesn’t. He clearly is never going to meet it. Thus, we lose one of those 2 north picks.

Cannot lose. Everything to gain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club above us has actively improved by bringing ready-made players in.
We do not stand a hope next year, my only wish is we plummet instead of stagnating as we’ve done ad nauseum for a decade.
Get some f*cking quality in.
Well we aren't interested in finishing 6th may as well finish 16th then

Lachie Hunter for a future 3rd would have been nice...

We say the Clark offer is 'lowball' but it looks alot like the deals done for alot of young 1st rounders looking to move.

Lachie Hunter would have been an unrestricted free agent in two years. He's about to turn 28. Club got something for him.
Out of contract is NOT free agent.
Contracted is certainly not free agent.

Every club above us has actively improved by bringing ready-made players in.
We do not stand a hope next year, my only wish is we plummet instead of stagnating as we’ve done ad nauseum for a decade.
Get some f*cking quality in.
Who would you have liked to see us trade in?

Thank you Norf for being bloody greedy. Saved us from ourselves!

Welcome home, Hunts….a couple of weights in the off-season and we’ll be lovin’ ya once again!!

Seriously, the club appears to have started all this by offering him up. Was it because they weren’t happy with his worth ethic?

Lets hope that if Hunter actually did need it, this is the shove he needs to realise his potential - and hope he has an injury free year in order to help him do so.

Gags…….a bees d*ck away from many microwaved memberships if you’d actually given up Hunter AND #9 for #3

Yeah I dunno where I stand regarding microwaving my membership.

I said I'd do it if we traded clark for anything less than a great haul... because it would be solid proof that the decision makers are just trying to save their own jobs (by appearing to be making things happen-but really just shuffling deckchairs)... ahead of what is best for the club.

Well we didn't trade clark for an ordinary deal... but it what is being reported is true re clarke and 9 for 3....the decision makers certainly did act exactly as I'd feared... and are seemingly happy to sell the club out.

No harm, no foul I guess (thanks to norf being nuffies and not biting our hand off for clark and 9)... but yikes.

Gags and co better either get us into flag contention asap or get sacked by the board in the next year... or else my panasonic inverter is gonna get quite the workout.

Clark has achieved sweet * all. He is all “potential”

so if he meets it and wants to leave in 12 months. We get great value.

If he doesn’t. He clearly is never going to meet it. Thus, we lose one of those 2 north picks.

Cannot lose. Everything to gain.
Top 10 b&f and in the best in both finals before his injury run. Show him some love, team him up with a senior player, some guys don’t respond to the hard line. What matters is getting him to where he needs to be, smart clubs don’t let that talent stagnate or leave for peanuts.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back