List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Supporters are seeing the pick 7 and none of the other major issues with the Bowes trade.
Bowes is owed $850,000 x 2. Extraordinary money for what is essentially a poor man’s Dunstan.
Now, Bowes management had told prospective clubs that he’s happy to smooth out that money over a 4 year contract. So while the next two years may drop down to $700,000 odd you’re still committing extra salary cap to a VFL player in 2025/26.
Once we did the maths we just didn’t think it was worth the TPP hit to take on pick 7 in what is a very even draft between 5-20.
Irresponsible for not bringing in pick 7? Or responsible TPP management?
Well done Saints.
These glass half-full takes are the only thing that get me through the St Kilda post seasons

Supporters are seeing the pick 7 and none of the other major issues with the Bowes trade.
Bowes is owed $850,000 x 2. Extraordinary money for what is essentially a poor man’s Dunstan.
Now, Bowes management had told prospective clubs that he’s happy to smooth out that money over a 4 year contract. So while the next two years may drop down to $700,000 odd you’re still committing extra salary cap to a VFL player in 2025/26.
Once we did the maths we just didn’t think it was worth the TPP hit to take on pick 7 in what is a very even draft between 5-20.
Well done Saints.
Thanks MG

So let me see if I have this right...

St Kilda vs Geelong, 2023. During the week leading up to the game Dougal Howard pings his hammy. The idea is that then we play Zaine Cordy on Tom Hawkins?

Okey dokey.

So who would you play on Hawkins if Howard goes down?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Suns just traded 25 and 36 for Tom Berry, what will we get for Long now 🤨

They got an ontraded future 2nd from GWS maybe that comes to us

So Berry gets Brisbane 2 draft picks so Long who is a far better player should get equal or more, Brisbane building up points for FS that stinks if so.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could a Long trade be something like Long + 28 for 32 + 45 + 46? Values Long about 33 I believe via draft points

Then on trade 45, 46, and 47 for 21 and a future 3rd/4th from Brisbane. Gives Brisbane an extra 100 points this year

In: 21, 32, F3/4
Out: Long, 28, 47

Gives us picks 9, 21, 32 in the draft this year.
Realistically, who says no? Seems like a win for most parties in my view

Would we entertain a trade to the Roos of?
Out 9, Hill and Clark
In Pick 1

And would the Roos except that?

We then Split Pick 1 with GWS
For 3 and 19
Or 12, 15, and 19

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still don't think anyone can quite work out how Brissie are going to get Dunkley and still have enough points for Ashcroft, so who knows.
21 and a future furst should be enough for Dunkley

They would then just have to trade thr GWS tied future 2nd back into this draft for points and they'll have enough for Ashcroft

I can see them trading a player or two out though

21 and a future furst should be enough for Dunkley

They would then just have to trade thr GWS tied future 2nd back into this draft for points and they'll have enough for Ashcroft

I can see them trading a player or two out though
I believe the GWS 2nd is with Gold Coast now as part of the Berry trade. So if they trade their future first for Dunkley, they can't trade their own Future 2nd which'll make it really hard to get extra points

Well done Saints.
I just can’t agree with this (the clubs thinking not yours). We think it’s irresponsible but the team who just won the flag and is basically always top 4 doesn’t think it’s irresponsible, but I guess we would know better than them.

We both first made the top 4 in 2004, one team has four flags and the other has a grand total of zero and it’s not hard to see why. We need serious change.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back