List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick is a coach. He coaches the most important young players in the country…his three boys James, Will and Teddy who will all become St Kilda legends. It’s an enormous job with a lot of pressure.
Father Son rule will be dispensed with just before James’s draft year….lol

Thought he was really good in both finals.. Acres wasn’t given great opportunities at the Saints..
He found it hard to follow team rules. I know freo need cap space but I’m guessing that could also have been a problem there because his form suggests a three year contract on 500k a year. Rumour is they gave him one on 180k which in other words please leave.

Big trade news. Doulton langlands to Ormond for a pie with sauce. At least I will be able to tell you why he was delisted. Next target is our previous captain.

Haven't we said all along that we want to take our picks to the draft?

So why is anyone surprised we aren't chasing high profile players?

DeGoey was a FA

Can't have your cake and eat it too unfortunately
Yes. We've been saying for most of the year we will go to the draft and mainly look to add Free Agents - De Goey the main one, Cordy ended up being a lesser one.

Ad that's exactly what we have done.

Last edited:
Andrew Mackie is being hard to trade with. Time to get in Bowes ear.

DeGoey was a FA

I happened to catch that and he did say that Essendon and others were in the same boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeGoey was a FA

Exactly. If we trade picks for players people don’t like and some of the same people will complain when we don’t trade picks for players. And you can’t get someone if they don’t want to play with you anyway. It’s a combination.

Can’t stand Lloyd but let’s be honest we aren’t a great place to go to
It can change in one year. Hopefully we win 2 more games which is certainly possible and that makes the 8 and then you may get players interested. There isn’t many players moving that really suit us imo especially the midfielders.

Based on what, finished 11-11 better then 1/2 the comp & 1 game out of the 8 so where's your logic.
Based on making finals once in 11 years
Finish the season 3and 8
Not having a great list and not likely playing finals next year
Not having A grade talent and being an irrelevant club
Playing in front of 25k at Marvel

People are considering let's get Bowes 7 and 2.8m over 4 years. For a VFL player essentially but injury hampered upside.

Whitfield 5m over 5 years for a proven afl A grader. Add pick 3 and maybe swap 9 with 11 or ffrdp for GWS 3 and 11. I'd do that.

Hill comes off big money 3 9 and 11 develop next 2 years we can pay them increased salary with Hill money.

Just hope Whitfield is not an injury bust...oh wait...haven't we just been through that.

Moving on HC for a pick also reduces our SC straight away to make the above deal more palatable.

HC and 9 for North pick 2 they get from JHF deal. Values HC at pick 15.

Pick 2 3 and 11 sounds like a pretty fair reset with what we have already from last year.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Based on making finals once in 11 years
Finish the season 3and 8
Not having a great list and not likely playing finals next year
Seems a little early to say not likely to play finals. We haven’t really lost anyone and some of the younger guys could improve quickly and yes I know they may not either but I actually like our midfield if they do improve. It could be so much different to the same same of last year.

Based on what, finished 11-11 better then 1/2 the comp & 1 game out of the 8 so where's your logic.
Did you hear it ? I just happened to catch a few minutes where Goddard‘s comments about st kilda were discussed. Lloyd thought is was a little surprising and he might be a little bitter about how it ended. He then went on to say we weren’t a great destination along with Essendon, probably carlton as well. Talked about Hurley never playing a final, Cripps etc. It wasn’t just a st Kilda slap, it had context and he was right.

doing much trading, . Best thing for the club would be
Out Gallagher
In Cripps
why? last year, ahe was the best thing 'since sliced bread'. As said above, the club has said they will not be trading much.

can't have it both ways.

People are considering let's get Bowes 7 and 2.8m over 4 years. For a VFL player essentially but injury hampered upside.

Whitfield 5m over 5 years for a proven afl A grader. Add pick 3 and maybe swap 9 with 11 or ffrdp for GWS 3 and 11. I'd do that.

Hill comes off big money 3 9 and 11 develop next 2 years we can pay them increased salary with Hill money.

Just hope Whitfield is not an injury bust...oh wait...haven't we just been through that.

Moving on HC for a pick also reduces our SC straight away to make the above deal more palatable.

HC and 9 for North pick 2 they get from JHF deal. Values HC at pick 15.

Pick 2 3 and 11 sounds like a pretty fair reset with what we have already from last year.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the problem with all that is it seems nearly certain hill and Clark are staying and if hopper goes then Whitfield will also nearly certainly stay. Apart from a weiderman type and swap of picks I’d say we are done and dusted in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back