Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

You've been triggered by my "word salad" comment. Perhaps the fact I'm not the only one to have used it indicates something other than impersonation?

Nowhere have I mentioned anything about Adelaide's rate of growth. I have quoted stats about the recent exodus from Sydney, which stats also indicate is part of a global trend. The allure of big city living is diminishing. Your bolded statement regarding capital cities is irrelevant, given it includes, you know, all capital cities...

My original comment to you was that Sydney was becoming increasingly unaffordable and it's lock out laws created a far less vibrant scene than befits a significant city. These aren't opinions, these are facts. The city has suffered a net deficit in population migration for the last 3 years. Fact. I'm sorry if these facts have hurt your feelings.
All good mate, but let’s leave it here hey, and go back to celebrating our future Norm Smith Medallists. Cheers

You've been triggered by my "word salad" comment. Perhaps the fact I'm not the only one to have used it indicates something other than impersonation?

Nowhere have I mentioned anything about Adelaide's rate of growth. I have quoted stats about the recent exodus from Sydney, which stats also indicate is part of a global trend. The allure of big city living is diminishing. Your bolded statement regarding capital cities is irrelevant, given it includes, you know, all capital cities...

My original comment to you was that Sydney was becoming increasingly unaffordable and it's lock out laws created a far less vibrant scene than befits a significant city. These aren't opinions, these are facts. The city has suffered a net deficit in population migration for the last 3 years. Fact. I'm sorry if these facts have hurt your feelings.
Mate, listen to yourself.

What kind of person uses the word "triggered", FFS. Or is proud of sounding like Sanders?

The population of Sydney has grown significantly in the last few years, as it has for the last 30. The population of Melbourne is growing even faster, and will soon become Australia's largest city (hell, by some definitions it already is).

This is largely because of international migration, and our major business centres attracting the most internationals.

Net internal migration means that NSW has had more move interstate than arrive. We've seen the majority of that into SE Qld, which is dramatically increasing through internal migration.

But this movement is massively overshadowed by actual migration and population growth. A quick google shows that Sydney's annual growth rate is very consistent, ranging from 1.89% to 10.88%, adding around 90,000 to 467,000 people each year since 2012.

Last edited:
Mate, listen to yourself.

What kind of person uses the word "triggered", FFS. Or is proud of sounding like Sanders?

The population of Sydney has grown significantly in the last few years, as it has for the last 30. The population of Melbourne is growing even faster, and will soon become Australia's largest city (hell, by some definitions it already is).

This is largely because of international migration, and our major business centres attracting the most internationals.

Net internal migration means that NSW has had more move interstate than arrive. We've seen the majority of that into SE Qld, which is dramatically increasing through internal migration.

But this movement is massively overshadowed by actual migration and population growth. A quick google shows that Sydney's annual growth rate is very consistent, ranging from 1.89% to 10.88%, adding around 90,000 to 467,000 people each year since 2012.
So in other words, exactly what I said 👍

So in other words, exactly what I said
That the population has grown as much as 10% in a year because it is a magnet for global migration, as a international business and cultural centre?

That the population grew 12x more than the number of internal migrants who left for a smaller city?

Sure, if that is what you were saying, then I agree.

JUH showed more consistency this year just gone, but RT’s glimpses have been just as impressive

Can understand why JUH and LMac are higher at this point in time, though
I agree about JUH being rated higher currently but Thilthorpe is better than Logan McDonald and still remains the right call at that pick.

Not bad for a 1st year player taking out the club's 3km time trial...of interest to us Mattaes Phillipou came in a close 3rd so his tank is on the increase, handy for a midfield prospect down the track.

View attachment 1866553

Darcy Wilson already bulking up and looking bigger than Ollie Hollands

If we hadn't been able to upgrade to get Curtin he'd have been a Crow with our 1st pick and no doubt he'd still have been our 2nd pick if he was still on the board.
That's not a fact .....it's pure speculation on your behalf

Maybe preface your comments with IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not a fact .....it's pure speculation on your behalf

Maybe preface your comments with IMO
It is a fact, it was literally written on our draft boards in footage the Crows poorly blurred out

It is a fact, it was literally written on our draft boards in footage the Crows poorly blurred out
Means zero ....the Crows do not put their Draft Order on whiteboards .....it's all computerised

Means zero ....the Crows do not put their Draft Order on whiteboards .....it's all computerised

This is a very bizarre comment when the Crows literally did put their preferred draft order on a whiteboard

This is a very bizarre comment when the Crows literally did put their preferred draft order on a whiteboard

Whiteboards are used for what if scenarios ....brainstorming ....discussion on players

Not one Club would put their Draft Order on a whiteboard .....even Hamish acknowledged this on his "gettable" interview, when he said he missed the old days of crossing names of your list with a highlighter ....these days it's computerised

Take the L, Wayne
You believe it because you were all in on Wilson .....he was never as good as was made out .....he runs, that's his #1 wood .....there's a lot more to delve into than that

Whiteboards are used for what if scenarios ....brainstorming ....discussion on players

Not one Club would put their Draft Order on a whiteboard .....even Hamish acknowledged this on his "gettable" interview, when he said he missed the old days of crossing names of your list with a highlighter ....these days it's computerised
Why on earth would we bother to blur it out, then

This is not some galaxy brain scenario

Why on earth would we bother to blur it out, then

This is not some galaxy brain scenario
Because people get the wrong impression of the data .....it could have been an order the Club believed certain players would go in

Who knows, could have been a myriad of uses for the board ....but categorically stating it was our Draft Order, is simply laughable

Because people get the wrong impression of the data .....it could have been an order the Club believed certain players would go in

Who knows, could have been a myriad of uses for the board ....but categorically stating it was our Draft Order, is simply laughable
Put it this way - it seemed like the main names that were up there (in various combinations) were Curtin, Wilson, Edwards, Goad, Ryan

You think there only would've been those five names on the board if it was our 'believed order'?

So it's a coincidence the exact order we took the players is listed as a scenario on the whiteboard in the video, and that scenario is not actually reflective of our draft order, even though we took those players in that order

Remove this Banner Ad

Back