Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's a coincidence the exact order we took the players is listed as a scenario on the whiteboard in the video, and that scenario is not actually reflective of our draft order, even though we took those players in that order
I'm really not sure why we are arguing about this. Why would they intentionally put onto a whiteboard the incorrect order of their rating?
And release that information blurred out (badly), after the draft?

Makes no sense.

Because people get the wrong impression of the data .....it could have been an order the Club believed certain players would go in

Who knows, could have been a myriad of uses for the board ....but categorically stating it was our Draft Order, is simply laughable
It was the scenarios based on who went and it for the benefit of all in the room, they aren’t all sitting in front of a monitor.

Gees you post some really weird stuff, too much Melbourne pollution?

Whiteboards are used for what if scenarios ....brainstorming ....discussion on players

Not one Club would put their Draft Order on a whiteboard .....even Hamish acknowledged this on his "gettable" interview, when he said he missed the old days of crossing names of your list with a highlighter ....these days it's computerised
Mate, you can read the different outcomes they were planning for in the badly blurred vision.

Mate, you can read the different outcomes they were planning for in the badly blurred vision.
This ! .....to be definitive of what the messaging was on the board, requires quite the imagination

Prediction: Edwards will end up better than Goad and Wilson.
Will need to improve his kicking for that to be the case, has a stilted action particularly on the short kicks. Longer stuff is more fluid.

That said he runs like the wind and is already a big unit. I think his inside game will come along quite quickly this year. Looks a natural distributor by hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whiteboards are used for what if scenarios ....brainstorming ....discussion on players

Not one Club would put their Draft Order on a whiteboard .....even Hamish acknowledged this on his "gettable" interview, when he said he missed the old days of crossing names of your list with a highlighter ....these days it's computerised

They're going to be what-if scenarios with the preferred draft order in each scenario though. We can only speculate, but without spending too long on it if i piece together what's visible back there with a couple of strategic pauses...

N
Rds
Wilson
Edwards
yan
(3)
Wilson
Goad
O Ryan
(2)
Curtin
(3)
Curtin
(4)
Curtin
Goad
O

The most plausible interpretation of box 2 in the top row is that in some scenario they would have taken Wilson before Edwards. Most likely both with the 1st and 2nd picks, maybe after sliding with a trade or whatever.

They havent "written down their draft order" in full, but i think is pretty clear where those two sit relative to each other within it.

I'd take Curtin every day of the week regardless if it meant missing Goad.
Hey I agree was much as wanted to get a talented young ruckman which there was plenty ,but I have never been more excited by a draftee as I am with Curtin .
I see him becoming our version of the Bont., maybe a fwd mid not a mid fwd like he is.

This throwing Draft Concessions at poor performing Clubs is proven NOT to be the secret of future success .....ESS still to win a Final in ....what is it 15 years+

The Crows perform better than ESS, GC, and NORTH .....bottom in 2020, below NORTH ....the Crows are a genuine Finals chance in 2024 ....whilst NORTH is again expected bottom 3, and ESS / GC bob around like a cork in the ocean

But, let's give Clubs concession picks ....anyone with half a brain, knows that's not the answer

1702173529054.png

This throwing Draft Concessions at poor performing Clubs is proven NOT to be the secret of future success .....ESS still to win a Final in ....what is it 15 years+

The Crows perform better than ESS, GC, and NORTH .....bottom in 2020, below NORTH ....the Crows are a genuine Finals chance in 2024 ....whilst NORTH is again expected bottom 3, and ESS / GC bob around like a cork in the ocean

But, let's give Clubs concession picks ....anyone with half a brain, knows that's not the answer

View attachment 1869172
Didn’t we add Curtin - so should be one extra between 2023 and 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back