Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

What if we ask nicely.
Not a fxxkn chance.. even if we finished bottom 3 years running..

Can you imagine the hysteria from wheatley, purple, cornes, ralph, mclure and the likes if it looked like the crows might ask for a PP..

The AFL literally goes out if its way to rig the comp against us.. most of them still see us as the SA state side.. they would love nothing more than to see us remain in the bottom 5 for their lifetimes and never win a flag again.

People will laugh at this and say I’m being cynical and over the top.. those people are fools who need to actually wake up and look at the actions of the AFL and its media unit for years now when it comes to the crows..

Can you imagine the hysteria from wheatley, purple, cornes, ralph, mclure and the likes if it looked like the crows might ask for a PP..

The AFL literally goes out if its way to rig the comp against us.. most of them still see us as the SA state side.. they would love nothing more than to see us remain in the bottom 5 for their lifetimes and never win a flag again.

People will laugh at this and say I’m being cynical and over the top.. those people are fools who need to actually wake up and look at the actions of the AFL and its media unit for years now when it comes to the crows..
I know, I'm being deliberately obtuse.

If the crows did finish last there should be a legitimate case though.

6 year no finals. 4 bottom 5 finishes in a row including 2 last.
2018. 12th.
2019. 11th.
2020. 18th.
2021. 15th.
2022. 14th.
2023. 18th. (argument sake)

When Gold Coast got theirs in 2019. Probably an extra season longer than our languish. In order from 2019 back in time:
18th, 17th, 17th, 15th, 16th, 12th, 14th

2018. 12th.
2019. 11th.
2020. 18th.
2021. 15th.
2022. 14th.

When Gold Coast got theirs in 2019. Probably an extra season longer than our languish. In order from 2019 back in time:
Gold Coast have been a complete waste of $$ resources, talent, personnel

2018. 12th.
2019. 11th.
2020. 18th.
2021. 15th.
2022. 14th.

We could finish last for a decade and they wouldn't give us anything

Gold Coast have been a complete waste of $$ resources, talent, personnel
Not all a waste , got alot of very good young talent coming through … their academy will beat most if not all of the vic Coates league U18 teams

Also far more people participate in footy in QLD now than SA and Tasmania put together …. Huge growth

2018. 12th.
2019. 11th.
2020. 18th.
2021. 15th.
2022. 14th.

After playing in a GF in 2017, 2018 and 2019 were our own making which caused the wooden spoon in 2020* (a severely interrupted season due to COVID-19). Do you think the AFL is that stupid not to know this lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost time to turn our attention to the draft.. looking like another top 5 draft pick this year. I wonder who we will burn this pick on. Anyway pretty obvious we MUST take the best/hyped up/top prospect midfielder available with our first pick.. that is hopefully between 188cm-192cm. i will spew up if we pick another 180-184cm bloke up.

Almost time to turn our attention to the draft.. looking like another top 5 draft pick this year. I wonder who we will burn this pick on. Anyway pretty obvious we MUST take the best/hyped up/top prospect midfielder available with our first pick.. that is hopefully between 188cm-192cm. i will spew up if we pick another 180-184cm bloke up.
How tall is moir?

How tall is moir?
Its going to be a real conundrum if we do end up with a top 5 pick and Moir is available (assuming he continues his upward trajectory) as he is looking like he could be elite as a forward and he is an SA boy

My take is that I would be taking him if it pans out he is available and has really built on his promise...BUT I would have also wanted us to have thrown the kitchen sink at Will Day (assuming he has not resigned and has had a good year) with a combination of our 2 x 2nds and 2024 1st and hopefully we also had got a FA like Himmelberg too in trade period

Its going to be a real conundrum if we do end up with a top 5 pick and Moir is available (assuming he continues his upward trajectory) as he is looking like he could be elite as a forward and he is an SA boy

My take is that I would be taking him if it pans out he is available and has really built on his promise...BUT I would have also wanted us to have thrown the kitchen sink at Will Day (assuming he has not resigned and has had a good year) with a combination of our 2 x 2nds and 2024 1st and hopefully we also had got a FA like Himmelberg too in trade period
We need him to push into the midfield in this his draft year..

Prove he can become a mid..

If not.. we simply cannot justify picking another small forward.

We also need Tyler Welsh to do the same..

We dont need anymore small forwards.

That said.. if Tyler continues on his current trajectory.. we’ll be taking him next year regardless.

Doubt Moir will play too much U18's this season if the Bays are fair dinkum and he'd be unlikely to play midfield at League level just yet. Played forward in the U18's week one. He's not a small forward btw he's every bit a medium forward and plays as such, his aerial ability is an absolute standout...plays way taller than his 188cm.
Hopefully he can push into the midfield and show us all his skills in there..

They don't even pretend anymore.
Witht he Vic media in their pocket, there is no-one left to complain to. I'm not sure what we did, but they are determined to kill the golden goose in SA. And it's working. Watch the crowd numbers this year. It's going to drop significantly.

They don't even pretend anymore.
Witht he Vic media in their pocket, there is no-one left to complain to. I'm not sure what we did, but they are determined to kill the golden goose in SA. And it's working. Watch the crowd numbers this year. It's going to drop significantly.
I agree with this.

Port going well means very little. The Crows going well is amazing for the state and the game.

It's ridiculous to be so strongly dismissive of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back