List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. We could draft exclusively from SA and it wouldn't matter if we kept getting very good players with those picks.

You'd hope that we'd be bit better than that at scouting. It's like how we wasted years on stuffing up the national drafts. You need to have a range of sources. You are going to be very limited in your pool otherwise. Toce was our SA man and probably still has players under watch and contacts but you'd hope that he's expanded his horizons since then.

You'd hope that we'd be bit better than that at scouting. It's like how we wasted years on stuffing up the national drafts. You need to have a range of sources. You are going to be very limited in your pool otherwise. Toce was our SA man and probably still has players under watch and contacts but you'd hope that he's expanded his horizons since then.
Picking a lot of players from SA doesn't mean we haven't assessed the talent from other areas.

The Big Footy Phantom is about finished now.

Sanders slipped to GWS-#9
We'd surely be throwing in with a future 1st if this happened.

Ollie Murphy. StK #16
Collard. StK #26
(Edwards 2 picks later)
Harvey Johnson. StK #41
Shaun Mannagh. Freo #46

Ollie Murphy. StK #16
Collard. StK #26
(Edwards 2 picks later)
Harvey Johnson. StK #41
Shaun Mannagh. Freo #46

Is Sanders worth 2 first round picks?
Next year is supposed to be a better midfield draft, just like last year was.

Vest on ground?

Ollie Murphy. StK #16
Collard. StK #26
(Edwards 2 picks later)
Harvey Johnson. StK #41
Shaun Mannagh. Freo #46
Giving up a future first to move up the draft order sounds good until next year when we don’t have a first rounder.

Sanders is good but he’s not someone I’d be giving up two firsts for.

Collard could be a real Shai Bolton type I reckon. One of those guys that win games through sheer talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance either are picked up via the rookie draft?

Tomo is a bit below average at VFL level. He'd have to have a huge year at Frankston to get picked up. Kai has been a good player for a long time and since going on ball probably deserves a rookie contract spot but they are pretty hard to get. Kai was playing as a KPF and originally as a ruck forward. Since going on ball his numbers have increased and he's much better at making things happen. He doesn't have the magic of Mitch but he's got work ethic and he's a big solid unit on ball.

Vest on ground?

You do know that family would have been given that surname by white/s or had chosen a european name because thats what their new world demanded. Every indigineous family had their own traditional name, but most early settlers were ignorant of the fact. So perhaps you can consider it being poor form and ignorant to be taking the p*ss re his surname.

Last edited:
Talking of aboriginal players does anyone know what happened with Anthony Munkara at Essendon. He looked like he could have been an incredible player in his draft year. I think he was only there for 1 year. I thought all players got 2 years?

Talking of aboriginal players does anyone know what happened with Anthony Munkara at Essendon. He looked like he could have been an incredible player in his draft year. I think he was only there for 1 year. I thought all players got 2 years?

He was delisted and has returned to the NT playing in the NTFL for Warratahs. Anthony Munkara stars in NTFL return

A mate of mine had dealings with him at Westminster School in Adelaide before he was drafted. Said he had as much talent as he had ever seen, but was a very quiet and reserved young man. Said he struggled with boarding school life in Adelaide, so it wouldnt surprise if Melbourne life was too foreign for him.

Collard could be a real Shai Bolton type I reckon. One of those guys that win games through sheer talent.
I agree Collard has that Shai Bolton cat like agilty to cause havoc in the front half. Whether he had the ability to go into the midfield and get 30 touches like Bolton can is another question.

My choice would be Collard and Charlie Edwards. Then someone like Simpson or Hastie late.

Collard is probably the biggest flight risk however

Could also see us call out Hardemans name if Sinclair is going midfield full time.

Tomo is a bit below average at VFL level. He'd have to have a huge year at Frankston to get picked up. Kai has been a good player for a long time and since going on ball probably deserves a rookie contract spot but they are pretty hard to get. Kai was playing as a KPF and originally as a ruck forward. Since going on ball his numbers have increased and he's much better at making things happen. He doesn't have the magic of Mitch but he's got work ethic and he's a big solid unit on ball.
Should have rookied Kai 4 years ago. His ship has probably sailed now.

Should have rookied Kai 4 years ago. His ship has probably sailed now.

He was probably not showing enough until this year. Putting him into the midfield seemed to make him super dangerous all of a sudden. I only saw 2 games this year, one where he was shit against us and another where he was BOG. He was playing what looked like a first receiver mid. VFL stats seem to suggest he played wing/HBF but didn't looked like he played that wide. He was definitely not an rover/extractor but was around the action.

Will Fordham who was a Kangaroo listed full forward probably had a better season than Kai to be honest but at 27 doubtful that he gets another go. Converted to the midfield too and looks a beast. Like a stacked Josh Kennedy from Sydney.

Ollie Murphy. StK #16
Collard. StK #26
(Edwards 2 picks later)
Harvey Johnson. StK #41
Shaun Mannagh. Freo #46
Not a bad result for us at all tbh...

Murphy looks like he could develop into a high quality key defender. Needs to pile on some size but he looks like he has a skill set that fits in with modern footy. If Van Es can develop into our monster defender, Murphy could be a nice intercept marking side kick for the next decade.

I'm not 100% sold on Collard... but with Tholstrup & Edwards possibly available around #26 we have some good options.

Johnston looks like a player at #41... his highlights look as good as many rated much higher. Moves beautifully with nice skills and decision making (albeit in the highlights package.)

With DMac's delisting I wouldn't be surprised if we do some draft night trading if someone we really like is still available between our 2nd & 3rd picks.

Not a bad result for us at all tbh...

Murphy looks like he could develop into a high quality key defender. Needs to pile on some size but he looks like he has a skill set that fits in with modern footy. If Van Es can develop into our monster defender, Murphy could be a nice intercept marking side kick for the next decade.

I'm not 100% sold on Collard... but with Tholstrup & Edwards possibly available around #26 we have some good options.

Johnston looks like a player at #41... his highlights look as good as many rated much higher. Moves beautifully with nice skills and decision making (albeit in the highlights package.)

With DMac's delisting I wouldn't be surprised if we do some draft night trading if someone we really like is still available between our 2nd & 3rd picks.

I am concerned re Murphys build/frame he is going to take a lot of years to develop the strength/size, to even see if he will make it at the level. I havent seen any evidence of an ability to defend man on man, getting by solely on his reach.

I dont see him as any better a prospect than Oscar Adams was, and to take such a gangly kid with our first pick would be risky IMO.

If hes still around at our second pick then consider him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back