List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaine Baldwin .....21 YO .....had 25 possessions yesterday, playing KPD

Word is, he's really settling into the KP role and was close to ESS's best player yesterday .....out of Contract

1691288941387.png

What’s the point, with Keane looking good and Murray to come back at some point?
We disagree on the need for a KPD .....Lets see if the Club agree's with me

You're putting a lot of faith in no injuries / poor form .....give me your thoughts again after the BRIS game

You're putting a lot of faith in no injuries / poor form .....give me your thoughts again after the BRIS game
Best defenders in the league will always struggle if the game is lost up the field. Much like you can hide average ones if it doesn't come back there much.

So I get the need to possibly add a player however I still hope our focus is improving in the middle.

It’s moreso that there’s no point in getting one that will want to push for best 22

I’m cool with looking for one for depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s moreso that there’s no point in getting one that will want to push for best 22

I’m cool with looking for one for depth
There's is absolutely no way we're trading for a KPD to play SANFL ......he may start there, but we don't trade for SANFL players

If that's what you want .....you rookie a KPD

You’d realistically want one that doesn’t play ahead of those two - a DFA or rookie pick

Keep them on the list for a year, delist when Murray gets back to full health
So, on one game .....you have Borlaise as an AFL player .....WOW

Casboult isn't exactly a Buddy Franklin, or Tom Hawkins

If the plan is to play Finals next year .....we're going to be facing the very best Key FWDS

So, on one game .....you have Borlaise as an AFL player .....WOW

Casboult isn't exactly a Buddy Franklin, or Tom Hawkins

If the plan is to play Finals next year .....we're going to be facing the very best Key FWDS
Huh? Why are we recruiting an AFL-caliber KPD for one year?

What do you do with Keane when it comes to 2025? Does he get pushed out when Murray comes back, even if he keeps improving?

Huh? Why are we recruiting an AFL-caliber KPD for one year?

What do you do with Keane when it comes to 2025? Does he get pushed out when Murray comes back, even if he keeps improving?
Competition for spots is essential ......injuries occur ....the problem has been for both ROB and Butts, there's been no-one genuinely competing for their spot

Granted, Keane has had to build fitness, touch, and familiarity with the game-plan

I'm not convinced, our KPD's are now set & forget for a premiership assault

You’d realistically want one that doesn’t play ahead of those two - a DFA or rookie pick

Keep them on the list for a year, delist when Murray gets back to full health

It’s one of two options.

Look for a permanent upgrade on Butts and Keane (early days still for him) - trade for a starting quality defender

Go absolute cheap as chips for dire emergency use only (delisted player or state league player as a rookie)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Delistings becoming more and more complicated by the day, of course they need to free up 3 main list spots after trade and before the draft but as it stands only Hately (who can feel a bit hard done by) is the only sure thing to be delisted, they are still acting like they want to keep Doedee and even if Crouch goes they dumbly want to keep Sloane which will put McAdam in an uncertain position.

Borlase providing more complications after the weekend, I don’t think they banked on keeping him but now the only way they can is either through somehow freeing up a non-existent spot on the main list or risk delisting him and avoid anyone going near him as a DFA & trying to get him to last until the club’s pick in the rookie draft.

Thinking with Brown (Seedsman) & McPherson delisted from the rookie list, would not be surprised if someone like a Hamill who’s contracted for 2024 is delisted and rookied or could even be Bond just so they can free that extra main list spot.

Delistings becoming more and more complicated by the day, of course they need to free up 3 main list spots after trade and before the draft but as it stands only Hately (who can feel a bit hard done by) is the only sure thing to be delisted, they are still acting like they want to keep Doedee and even if Crouch goes they dumbly want to keep Sloane which will put McAdam in an uncertain position.

Borlase providing more complications after the weekend, I don’t think they banked on keeping him but now the only way they can is either through somehow freeing up a non-existent spot on the main list or risk delisting him and avoid anyone going near him as a DFA & trying to get him to last until the club’s pick in the rookie draft.

Thinking with Brown (Seedsman) & McPherson delisted from the rookie list, would not be surprised if someone like a Hamill who’s contracted for 2024 is delisted and rookied or could even be Bond just so they can free that extra main list spot.

I would be very surprised if we delist anyone who has a contract with the promise of relisting them. Hamill or Bond don't have rocks for brains and aren't going to take a pay cut because we put ourselves in a difficult position.

I kind of lean to the other side. I don't think it's more difficult, I think we've locked up everyone we're planning to keep, or someone had their head turned. The numbers don't really work out that well otherwise, especially seeing if we let a Doedee or McAdam go, we'd want to use those draft picks.

We also need to upgrade Murray and Parnell in addition to Borlase.

Our current main list is at the maximum 38 including McAsey. I agree Hately is gone so that would then leave 36.

3 x upgrades would mean 39 spots needed, even before trading/drafting.

Think the talk around Doedee and perhaps Crouch is just posturing, still believe both are moving on.

I think we will put a few up for trade, incl. Hamill and perhaps Sholl.

Reckon we only take 1, maximum 2 in the draft and use our remaining picks for the rookie upgrades.

I would be very surprised if we delist anyone who has a contract with the promise of relisting them. Hamill or Bond don't have rocks for brains and aren't going to take a pay cut because we put ourselves in a difficult position.

I kind of lean to the other side. I don't think it's more difficult, I think we've locked up everyone we're planning to keep, or someone had their head turned. The numbers don't really work out that well otherwise, especially seeing if we let a Doedee or McAdam go, we'd want to use those draft picks.
Why not? We did it last year with Moose and Seedsman

Why not? We did it last year with Moose and Seedsman

Both were wrecked by injuries though, which isn't the case this year.

I think you look at Moose this year and that's the reason you say no to Adelaide asking if you want to be demoted to the rookie list.

We also need to upgrade Murray and Parnell in addition to Borlase.

Our current main list is at the maximum 38 including McAsey. I agree Hately is gone so that would then leave 36.

3 x upgrades would mean 39 spots needed, even before trading/drafting.

Think the talk around Doedee and perhaps Crouch is just posturing, still believe both are moving on.

I think we will put a few up for trade, incl. Hamill and perhaps Sholl.

Reckon we only take 1, maximum 2 in the draft and use our remaining picks for the rookie upgrades.
Yeah had taken into account Murray & Parnell, even with McAsey freeing up 1 spot on the main list still literally see no spots available for Borlase or maybe McAdam, they’ll have to shop Sholl hard as they’ll be no takers for Hamill. Himmelberg the only other one if Freo are still interested.

They get paid the exact same amount that they are owed in their current contract whether they’re moved on to the rookie list, they just jump on to the other list exactly the same situation as McPherson this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back