List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we have anyone coming in, suggests we will either trade up or trade out of this draft. Have two rookies to upgrade?

We may not enjoy this off season on here as possibly lose a McAdam but with no one coming back in

And if we do sign Sloane as seems likely…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This would be an F- of an off-season

No change is no good

Per David Zita

Who the hell are we getting rid of, then
Sloane
Crouch
McAdam
Hately

You'd think at least two of the above will go.

We could also look at moving on a couple of contracted players. Sholl or Hamill maybe.

If we don't trade in anyone to improve us and we trade out of this draft- that would be a shocking waste of an off season when we may have Tex for one more year and we need one or 2 more A Grade mids - whether by draft or trade. I see it as outright negligent to rely on 'organic growth' only with where we are at
agree but there does also needs to be availability. Flanders would be nice but still not an elite A grade mid but the reality is unlikely we are getting one to SA if they arent a hometown boy returning home.

over the last 2 years collectively we have done better in the off-season than ANY other team in terms of incoming quality trades

i've no doubt weve had a crack but seemingly missed out.

We know Redman, strong rumours we went very hard at Day even before his breakout had kicked right into gear and id also think Wanganeen-milera (unless we were all in on day + Redman at that point) and possibly even Pickett.

If we did miss out after 2 years of nailing top end trade targets I dont think thats negligent.

And if the pivot is to decide that we are better off putting all our cards in next years trade/draft/FA market (through rolling over the cap space we couldnt lure with and strengthening our draft hand instead of bringing in something we dont think helps us go the next level then thats patient/crafty list management not negligent.

Most likely is we go to the draft but also retain that cap space and go hard in the trade/FA market next year.

Remember we havent entered our window and wed hope to be in it for a long time after right now so a 1 year delay in list progression if it means what we actuall bring in can still have us in a better position in say 3-4yrs time than panicking to just bring in the best thats available now will.
we absolutely went hard at both Redman and Day. Not always easy to extract players back especially if they play with big Vic clubs in one of the worlds greatest cities

we absolutely went hard at both Redman and Day. Not always easy to extract players back especially if they play with big Vic clubs in one of the worlds greatest cities
Worlds greatest cities?… Melbourne?..

Turn it up.. the place is a fxxkn shithole..

Would rather live in every other city in Australia before Melbourne.

Sloane
Crouch
McAdam
Hately

You'd think at least two of the above will go.

We could also look at moving on a couple of contracted players. Sholl or Hamill maybe.
Hamill is the logical choice to either delist or move to the rookie list. Doesn't seem like he is close to getting another AFL game at the moment.

Remember we havent entered our window and wed hope to be in it for a long time after right now so a 1 year delay in list progression if it means what we actuall bring in can still have us in a better position in say 3-4yrs time than panicking to just bring in the best thats available now will.
Agree we had a crack and sometimes we miss.

I don't agree we are 3-4 years away though.

Most have indicated 2025 as our time.

Which is why I still feel we wasted this year. Yep much improvement but I don't think we got games into our future.

I don't care about number of under 50 games. I care we wasted games on the over 100s

2024 we should be aiming for top 6 then 2025 top 4 and we take our chances

Nicks did not give off great vibes on the retention of borlase. When asked about James he Said he would like to keep everyone but list management tough. I hope they haven’t made up their mind yet. We still have 3 important games to go. He has been a significant improver this year and I liked parts of his game since his first year. Refer to my starter thread on borlase

Nicks did not give off great vibes on the retention of borlase. When asked about James he Said he would like to keep everyone but list management tough. I hope they haven’t made up their mind yet. We still have 3 important games to go. He has been a significant improver this year and I liked parts of his game since his first year. Refer to my starter thread on borlase
If they know they are bringing in a decent key defender.....

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely he gets at least one additional year, particularly with Murray's long term injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worlds greatest cities?… Melbourne?..

Turn it up.. the place is a fxxkn shithole..

Would rather live in every other city in Australia before Melbourne.
This comment perhaps says more about you than the city :) (IMHO from having lived in 4 Aussie cities with MLB a clear fave, a handful of global cities and visited 75ish countries. Melbourne is right up there in many peoples opinion - “worlds most liveable city” etc for a decade until CV hit.)

Anyone else VERY surprised by this? Jeez, with both starting KPDs injured he couldn’t have done any more than his debut. Very confusing esp combined with Silvers recent comments on “sharp focus” on KPD’s

Anyone else VERY surprised by this? Jeez, with both starting KPDs injured he couldn’t have done any more than his debut. Very confusing esp combined with Silvers recent comments on “sharp focus” on KPD’s
Like Crouch - 3 weeks ago I would have been happy ish with this . But his game and our concerns for height have at least made me look at what other delisting we can do first.

Like Crouch - 3 weeks ago I would have been happy ish with this . But his game and our concerns for height have at least made me look at what other delisting we can do first.
Agreed, even if we don’t trade Sholl, Mc Henry, Hamill , Berry etc, surely we could move a couple to our rookie list . Very unlikely to be pinched and no huge loss if they are. keep both Crouch and Borlase agreed in areas of most need (unless we have an upgraded confirmed inbound KPD target as another poster just mentioned)

This comment perhaps says more about you than the city :) (IMHO from having lived in 4 Aussie cities with MLB a clear fave, a handful of global cities and visited 75ish countries. Melbourne is right up there in many peoples opinion - “worlds most liveable city” etc for a decade until CV hit.)
Maybe the comment actually says more about you if you disagree with it…

Lets look at Melbourne..

Sh*t weather………. Tick
Sh*t beaches………. Tick
Congested roads…. Tick
Poorly town planned.. Tick
Expensive…………….. Tick
Booring people…….. Tick

I could go on…

The best thing about melbourne is driving out of it to go to the coastline along the great ocean road

For a start… Every other capital city (except Canberra and Hobart and, lets face it, who cares about Canberra and Hobart- are they even real cities?) has better weather and way better beaches..

If we don't trade in anyone to improve us and we trade out of this draft- that would be a shocking waste of an off season when we may have Tex for one more year and we need one or 2 more A Grade mids - whether by draft or trade. I see it as outright negligent to rely on 'organic growth' only with where we are at

Totally agree. I would rather bring next year forward but we just don’t seem to have spots opening up unless they cut some contracted guys or there are plans to trade out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is why we need to sign more players to 1-year deals lol

Yep. Fringe players that no one would be interested in shouldn't still be contracted for 2024

Some examples

Hamill - 2 year contract when already contracted for 1 year. Had played 20 games at that point
Himmelberg - Given a 2 year contract when clearly a fringe player.
McHenry - Given a 2 year extension after already being contracted for 1 more year and after playing just one full season
Smith - 3 year contract taking him to 32 years old
Sholl - 2 year contract when already contracted for 1 year. Had only played a handful of games at that point

All five of these players should be out of contract at the end of this year. Three of them were handed 2 year deals despite already being contracted.

Kieran Strachan's contract is also bizarrely long, signed through to 2025

Word on the street is Matt Crouch is itching to get out , I’m sure he will take any offer somewhere else of 2 years if he gets it

I’d prefer to keep him and lose sloane

Word on the street is Matt Crouch is itching to get out , I’m sure he will take any offer somewhere else of 2 years if he gets it

I’d prefer to keep him and lose sloane
"Itching to get out" seems odd as he has a partner and a young family, and seems pretty settled here? I wouldn't have thought he'd receive more than two years from anyone which is what I'd be offering him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back