List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:

Once Adam Simpson's contract situation has been sorted out.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Okay... Let's say Dogs want Henry and Freo want Naughton.

Fremantle says Henry is a #9 draft pick who can rack up 30 touches on the wing, ready to go AFL player now - we want a first round pick for that.

Dogs say Naughton is a potential coleman medalist with most of his career ahead of him and under contract - we want two first round picks.

Does including Henry in that trade as valued at a first round pick make it any better?

Naughton for Henry, 2024 1st and 2023 2nd or 3rd (whatever Treacy ends up being traded for because there's no way he stays if Naughton comes over)?

A lot to invest in two players over two seasons.
Naughton isn’t coming to freo

I think Brodie should be taken out of the equation given his recruitment netted us the crucial Johnson pick. I'd wear that Brodie extra couple of years extension as a result.
We only extended him this year, and then dropped him the week after.

You don't give 3 + years to a player, who is not in your top 15 players, or you know he will be top 15 in 1 or 2 years max.
Brodie is not best 22 at the moment, and I don't see it changing.

If the Western Bulldogs target Liam Henry, and screw us at the draft table, ala Rory Lobb trade. I’m starting to feel uncomfortable with all the ex Western Bulldogs people we have at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was average on the weekend.

I guess that means it's always going to be average then.
Possibly, but he's still developing and could be another three years off being really effective. Naughton puts us into top four potential. I'd pay overs for that.

I think we are still chasing one more genuine KPF regardless of how anything with Treacy turns out. Even if Treacy comes good, you can get Jackson more onball time which would go a decent way to addressing any midfield size issues. Darcy tapping to Dogga is close to unstoppable when they are in there together and will only get stronger.

Hell, from what Treacy has shown glimpses of when in the ruck, putting him onball for stints wouldnt be the worst either. I think there's a glimpse of a genuine fwd/mid role from him

I think we are still chasing one more genuine KPF regardless of how anything with Treacy turns out. Even if Treacy comes good, you can get Jackson more onball time which would go a decent way to addressing any midfield size issues. Darcy tapping to Dogga is close to unstoppable when they are in there together and will only get stronger.

Hell, from what Treacy has shown glimpses of when in the ruck, putting him onball for stints wouldnt be the worst either. I think there's a glimpse of a genuine fwd/mid role from him
Fair enough, but why is it always Naughton being discussed, from his body language in the first game this year, I’d say we’re a better chance of convincing JVR, McDonald or even Oscar Allen coming to freo than Naughton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back