List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally said that's not my argument. My original post was in response to Worm4 asking for an example of a captain being traded out that "sent out a good message out to the rest of them team". Ryan Griffin was that example.

Where did you literally say that?

And I don't think that was what sent out a good message to the rest of the team, that can probably more accurately be said for getting rid of their head coach.

I agree it's rarely done because it is a drastic measure but can you provide an example where it made things worse? Despite it being rare, there is an example of it having benefits.
Not off the top of my head, no. But again, there is a reason for that being the case, and for it being so rare.

My argument for trading Cripps (check my posting history) has never been about the Ryan Griffin example. It's always been about his superhero style of play, lack of footskills and most importantly, his complete lack of leadeship. How do I know this... Just look at our results with him as captain. How many times has he inspired a win that doesn't revolve around him being the absolute star? He is from the Marc Murphy style of leadership, which the K-Mart version of the Chris Judd inspiration by example style of leadership. It's apparent we need a captain who is willing to sacrifice his own game for the team, Cripps is simply not capable of this.

Sorry but win/loss record is a really, really bad way to assess someone's quality as a leader.

It is true. And yes they were going to go over their cap. So what I said was correct

You must be saying something different to what you are typing, because no, what you put forward was not correct. "They believed they had put too much money on players and needed to change it up" is a clear revision of history.

They didn't believe...they did.

Needed to change it up...were literally going to be over the cap if they didn't trade out players.

It's staggering how you're actually using this as though it's remotely comparable to Carlton today, and as some sort of proof that we should be trading Cripps.

Name them.

Sure, how many do you want?

This is kind of the problem. Everyone also knows this club wont make the big and necessary calls. Its not in our DNA to do whats necessary.

Not really sure what this means - I'm pretty sure our club's history is littered with examples of making big calls to get what we want. In fact I'd argue it's part of the biggest issue with this club and a huge reason why we find ourselves where we are right now.

In theroy trading Cripps to wc as part of the getting pick one Harley Reid would be perfect because I think the best of Cripps is past him and we actually have Kennedy and Hewett that can play that role our list is desperate for burst speed and elite football skills and smarts
I just can't see Cripps wanting to go to wc as they have 4 or 5 yrs more yrs down the bottom
To me there is 4 players on our list untradeable
C Curnow and Walsh
And even know massively out of form
Weitering and McKay are both AA quality
We desperately need a high quality ruckman Pittonet is honesty pack up at best
so i wouldn't be against giving a guy like Goldstein a couple yr deal and wouldn't cost us much financially
The club also just can not keep carrying injury proned players we have been doing it for far two long

I dont think our midfield misses anything by replacing Cripps with Kennedy. Moving forward its the much smarter move for the club.

You must be saying something different to what you are typing, because no, what you put forward was not correct. "They believed they had put too much money on players and needed to change it up" is a clear revision of history.

They didn't believe...they did.

Needed to change it up...were literally going to be over the cap if they didn't trade out players.

It's staggering how you're actually using this as though it's remotely comparable to Carlton today, and as some sort of proof that we should be trading Cripps.
"believe" is them knowing. Not sure what you're on about. My statement is correct and you're looking a little foolish by picking a few words you don't like. Maybe it's time for a lay down old mate because you've made me laugh a lot today with this argument over nothing and you're looking a tad more crazy than usual harping on about something so small.

"believe" is them knowing. Not sure what you're on about. My statement is correct and you're looking a little foolish by picking a few words you don't like. Maybe it's time for a lay down old mate because you've made me laugh a lot today with this argument over nothing and you're looking a tad more crazy than usual harping on about something so small.

Keep the personal rubbish out of it thanks. Whatever it is you think it adds, you're wrong.

I take it you're not going to address the point, in which case you can "believe" what you like and we can agree to disagree.

Keep the personal rubbish out of it thanks. Whatever it is you think it adds, you're wrong.

I take it you're not going to address the point, in which case you can "believe" what you like and we can agree to disagree.
Maybe don't quote me if you don't enjoy the reply and I'll keep laughing with your incorrect quoting. It's you that's wrong and you just don't like being called out

Maybe don't quote me if you don't enjoy the reply and I'll keep laughing with your incorrect quoting. It's you that's wrong and you just don't like being called out

What was incorrect about the quote?

Engage in the discussion, or don't, but don't get personal.

I'm not going to say it again.

There were many that wanted Cripps traded a year before he had his best season ever, yeah?

Whether it's Voss or another coach, where Cripps understands his role within the team, then he should stay and embrace those changes.

If he doesn't want to embrace those changes to make the team great, or wants out, then you facilitate a trade

This goes for any player on the list

I don't think Cripps is as gone as so many are saying. He's not what he was last yr but he's not getting any help. Kennedy, Hewett and Curnow have all been worse. Walsh has been getting more ball but his effectiveness has also been in question.

I'm not sure why it happened, but we seem to have changed his role from the attacking centre forward mid from last yr to being a 2 way stay at home mid. We know he's not that, he never has been. Last season we maximised his assets and utilised his strengths to expose other teams, now we've left him on an island. We have known for weeks what teams are doing to Cripps, if not most of the season, yet what have we done to counter it? Who blocks for Cripps so he can run through the contest? Who is handing over to track his man like we did last season? Who is his reliable first receiver? Not Curnow, Kennedy or Hewett, that's for sure, they're all limited outside players and not first receiver types.

I know everyone will say how can you have a player who needs cover and help etc. but it's not new, especially in todays AFL. Oliver, Petracca, Martin, Daicos, Fyfe (in the past), and many others are 1 way mids. But they have structure around them and set up for them to be the attackers to the ball and structure up to cover if they don't win possession. We are leaving Cripps to try and win the ball without support with taggers on him then not covering him when he doesn't win it.

Heck it was exactly the same with Judd and Ablett, both didn't track back and were easily run off. Teams did it all the time to them.

Imo Cripps' form is a symptom and not the cause. FWIW he's only averaging 1 possession fewer than last yr, is averaging more tackles, more contested possessions and only .7 fewer clearances and .07 fewer goal assists. The major difference is goals - 0.95 per game to .09 per game. He's far and away our best contested/clearance player and only 2nd in Walsh in a few other outside categories. The idea that Hewett and Kennedy can do his role just as well is laughable. Kennedy is an average player - we need to accept this now, we've had him for a long time and he's never been reliable, if anything he should be trade bait, but wouldn't get us much - and Hewett has returned to his career mean, a good average role player. Nothing wrong with that, but nowhere close to Cripps level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was incorrect about the quote?

Engage in the discussion, or don't, but don't get personal.

I'm not going to say it again.
Just because I didn't state "they were going to go over the salary cap" and I wrote it in a nicer way "the believed" which they did believe because they knew... doesn't make my post incorrect, I just didn't state about the cap as everyone knows. If you are going to pick apart this type of conversation you better come down hard on all because it's tiring. You knew exactly what meant as did each person that liked what I wrote. If you'd like to discuss this further, dm me and/or I'll give you my personal number and we can discuss this minimal problem you have with what I posted at length.

Question answered

Cripps is not getting you pick 1 unless you put a few extra 1st and second rounders with it and we can’t afford to do that.. cripps to me seems off , like a bit disinterested , have not seen beast mode cripps at all this year
Don’t think we should trade mckay or cripps

What? The rebuild that was started in 2015, and that will likely see the end of the third coach in that timeframe, is a bust. The group of players that has been put together isn't particularly good.
Maybe , but we need to keep at least 3/4's of the list each year so the system only allows us to remove around 10-12 and regenerate .
They won't sack the coach. I don't even think he is the problem.
Like i stated earlier , they will remove the players who are constantly injured and make hard decisions on those who aren't quite there in relation to running and disposal.
Hopefully the new kids get a few senior games towards the end of the year when they send the injured out for early operations in readiness for next season.
This season is shot, but I don't think its a total write off with the list. I think we are all hoping it will click , but having to wait a long time for it to happen is getting tiresome.

Just because I didn't state "they were going to go over the salary cap" and I wrote it in a nicer way "the believed" which they did believe because they knew... doesn't make my post incorrect, I just didn't state about the cap as everyone knows. If you are going to pick apart this type of conversation you better come down hard on all because it's tiring. You knew exactly what meant as did each person that liked what I wrote. If you'd like to discuss this further, dm me and/or I'll give you my personal number and we can discuss this minimal problem you have with what I posted at length.

Question answered

Thank you, much better. There is no need to get personal.

I'm not picking your argument apart, and there is no problem. I'm simply stating that the two situations cannot be compared as they aren't remotely similar, and therefore using it as the basis for or in support of trading Cripps is erroneous.

There's no need to discuss it further, as I said we're allowed to agree to disagree.

If your adding a burst player like Reid definitely not

Why are West Coast trading pick 1 for a player some believe is broken?

I dont think our midfield misses anything by replacing Cripps with Kennedy. Moving forward its the much smarter move for the club.

You are comparing Cripps in his worst form for years to what Kennedy may achieve as the number one inside mid.

With where our list is at I think trading best 22 players is wrong. Especially with so much money tied up in the 2s and in the rehab group. We will see improvement by merely not starting the season with 8 on the injury list.

Thank you, much better. There is no need to get personal.

I'm not picking your argument apart, and there is no problem. I'm simply stating that the two situations cannot be compared as they aren't remotely similar, and therefore using it as the basis for or in support of trading Cripps is erroneous.

There's no need to discuss it further, as I said we're allowed to agree to disagree.
Well you told me I was wrong. So I would think you were picking my post apart. If you don't want to discuss this away from this thread that's up to you, but I'm more than happy to have this conversation you've called me out on for the past few hours away from this thread.

I reckon Voss has lost the playing group. The game plan is useless- doesn’t support our forward structure at all and our mid group just blazes away in hope- if our big fellas stuff up the ball sling shots down the ground for an opposition score- if it’s a behind they work hard to keep it in if it passes beyond the centre we bomb it to our two talls- most times the ball is shot out of our half by aggressive and skillful backs under no pressure.
Unfortunately Voss has no idea- great player but that’s where the greatness ends. So sorry that we will endure another failed season … unless we replace the coach with someone who has a real plan for success. I have been an over 65 year member.
Well Cook must be aware of whatever the issues are....and he needs to fix it.

I'm sadly leaning to the view that Voss simply ain't a senior coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back