List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly

But Hollands, Binns, Acres, Cotts, LOB

Then guys like McInerney or Campbell could play his role and or HB
He's a mid who's being played out of position due to Sydney depth. No one in your post is a pure mid, he has more pace than any of them.
I do like McInerney he would the one out of the ones you suggested I'd take.

Last edited:

He's a mid who's being played out of position due to Sydney depth. No one in your post is a pure mid, he has more pace than any of them.

Not sure we need a pure mid

While 2.97 for 20 metres is reasonable, it's moreso him having huge engine

Campbell 2.90 for 20 metres, better kick and more versatile

Last edited:
Not sure we need a pure mid

While he 2.97 for 20 metres reasonable, it's moreso him having huge engine

Campbell 2.90 for 20 metres, better kick and more versatile
Fair enough.👍
It's all hypothetical I'd take any of McInerney, Campbell or Stephens if the chance arose, you'd be mad not to.

Watching the TDK situation with great interest.

Appreciate I may be in the minority but as things stand I am not overly fussed if he does leave.

Like him as a prospect but at the moment he is all hype and little substance. That may well change in 2023; I certainly hope it does.

If there is a club out there willing to offer TDK an 8 year deal, good luck to them. And good luck to him, he'd be mad not to take it.

We will put an offer in front of him but we cannot and should not match that sort of offer. I said it previously and will say it again, of all potential high earners at the club he is one I think we can most afford to lose, and is most easily replaced.

If he's accepting an 8 year deal, we can expect to be very well compensated.

Hayward kicked more goals last year (34) than Owies and Durdin put together.

Yep, Hayward plus a first rounder would be a good result. Hayward is Jack Martin for 22 rounds instead of 8.

Lose TDK, get Hayward, have ~13, ~17 and our future first to play with. Trade the future first for a mid first (GWS pick ~10-12 - they'll have their own first and Richmond's, probably one falls hereabouts).

Out: TDK (trade), Curnow (ret), Dow (steakknives in a trade), Philp, Cuningham, Honey (del)

In: Hayward (trade), Doedee (RFA), a decent senior ruckman (trade or FA), Pick 11, Pick 13, Pick 17.

We lose TDK and a bunch of blokes who either can't stay on the park and/or don't make the grade. We bring in a solid ruckman, quality third tall defender, and quality HFF, plus three first round picks (bundle to move up, or take them as they are and cover a few developmental bases with a key defender, a general utility and a mid).

Could cut deeper and make calls on Marchy, Gov or Martin as well with those ins.

This won’t be a popular comment but it’s the truth.
We are selling long term success and building towards something special with this playing group.
TDK leaving at this pint in time, would be a huge kick in the guts for us as a club and playing group.
There are no excuse in losing such an integral part of our long term team.
It depends how Tdk develops
It depends what we turn pick(s) into. eg our ball movement is lacking. 2 more outside types would be great
It depends on how cheaply we replace tdk as a ruckman. Okeefe could be a masterstroke. Receiving a late 1st and selecting a ruckman who takes 4 seasons to develop like Tim English is less beneficial

Why do I get the feeling you can never "win" a trade with Geelong. Canny Cats are deadset canny. Best we'll ever do with them is break even which looking at some of our landfill efforts of the past might even be considered a win.
You remind them of the Tuohy deal and tell them to sweeten the pot, or get lost.
Absolutely do not want Cripps in the ruck. Would rather no one contest the ruck rather than having him in.
Never at the centre bounce, but of course you need to use him from time to time unless you've got a really capable foward/ruck. We've got so many inside mids, why wouldn't you create a midfield look that lets us play to our strengths without hurting our outside rotations?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans have a history with throwing the big long term deals at talls. They wanted TDK at the draft and then his most impressive quarter of footy was against them at Marvel last year. Hope he adds a bit more substance to his game this year and we lock him away.

Yep, Hayward plus a first rounder would be a good result. Hayward is Jack Martin for 22 rounds instead of 8.

Lose TDK, get Hayward, have ~13, ~17 and our future first to play with. Trade the future first for a mid first (GWS pick ~10-12 - they'll have their own first and Richmond's, probably one falls hereabouts).

Out: TDK (trade), Curnow (ret), Dow (steakknives in a trade), Philp, Cuningham, Honey (del)

In: Hayward (trade), Doedee (RFA), a decent senior ruckman (trade or FA), Pick 11, Pick 13, Pick 17.

We lose TDK and a bunch of blokes who either can't stay on the park and/or don't make the grade. We bring in a solid ruckman, quality third tall defender, and quality HFF, plus three first round picks (bundle to move up, or take them as they are and cover a few developmental bases with a key defender, a general utility and a mid).

Could cut deeper and make calls on Marchy, Gov or Martin as well with those ins.
Hayward and a first rounder is never going to happen...
Hayward is a best 22 forward for Sydney, who played all 25 games for them last year...

Likelihood, on current output of TDK, is the best we will get is Sydney's first round pick...

Who knows what Sydney's real deal is...
If it's actually 8x years.. Thinking about it (Sydney's list management is one of the best in the business) at a guess it'll be 8x years @ $500-$600k max...

Watching the TDK situation with great interest.

Appreciate I may be in the minority but as things stand I am not overly fussed if he does leave.

Like him as a prospect but at the moment he is all hype and little substance. That may well change in 2023; I certainly hope it does.

If there is a club out there willing to offer TDK an 8 year deal, good luck to them. And good luck to him, he'd be mad not to take it.

We will put an offer in front of him but we cannot and should not match that sort of offer. I said it previously and will say it again, of all potential high earners at the club he is one I think we can most afford to lose, and is most easily replaced.

If he's accepting an 8 year deal, we can expect to be very well compensated.

I am with you J & it is something that has been going through my mind.

A family member is a massive Swans fan & mentioned the TDK potential offer last night. I suggested that if I had to lose one of Cripps, Curnow, McKay, Walsh, Weiters or TDK then it would be TDK I let go.

Hayward and a first rounder is never going to happen...
Hayward is a best 22 forward for Sydney, who played all 25 games for them last year...

Likelihood, on current output of TDK, is the best we will get is Sydney's first round pick...

Who knows what Sydney's real deal is...
If it's actually 8x years.. Thinking about it (Sydney's list management is one of the best in the business) at a guess it'll be 8x years @ $500-$600k max...

If it's an 8-year deal on good money, then a late first (16-18) isn't gonna cut it. Simple as that. TDK's recent output doesn't factor in because the tabled contract indicates that Sydney are confident enough in his future output to effectuvely sign him up for the rest of his career.

Options for Sydney:
- Trade up somehow and get a top 5 pick.
- Manufacture an additional pick in the 12-16 range.
- Include a genuine best 22 player (not a top 5 player, but not someone on the fringe).

It's an interesting scenario.
TDK obviously has the size and athleticism to become a top shelf player if it all clicks for him.
He lacks footy smarts though which presently limits his effectiveness either in the ruck of inside forward 50.
This will likely come with more gametime but there's also no guarantees.
A monster offer & strong interest from rival clubs may see it advantageous to flip a a non-essential asset if it nets us players/picks that'll address our shortcomings & push us into genuine contention.
Obviously in an ideal world, he'll sign a contract and have a massive season & career for us but it isn't catastrophic if he doesn't IMO.

If it's an 8-year deal on good money, then a late first (16-18) isn't gonna cut it. Simple as that. TDK's recent output doesn't factor in because the tabled contract indicates that Sydney are confident enough in his future output to effectuvely sign him up for the rest of his career.

Options for Sydney:
- Trade up somehow and get a top 5 pick.
- Manufacture an additional pick in the 12-16 range.
- Include a genuine best 22 player (not a top 5 player, but not someone on the fringe).
Time will tell…

If he leaves, just don’t see us getting anything like that for him… Hope we do though…

If the swans are interested in tdk and prepared to offer him a long term deal then they must be confident they can help him improve to around near his full potential. And we all know the potential tdk has. He could become a superstar of the comp.

Certainly has the athleticism so if he can improve his marking/kicking he will be a real weapon up front.

He can jump too so with a bit of work he can become a very good ruckman too.

You remind them of the Tuohy deal and tell them to sweeten the pot, or get lost.

Never at the centre bounce, but of course you need to use him from time to time unless you've got a really capable foward/ruck. We've got so many inside mids, why wouldn't you create a midfield look that lets us play to our strengths without hurting our outside rotations?
For the same reason you don't take a Ferrari off roading.

If he copped an injury in a ruck contest, I'd be fuming. Let the JSos's of the team do that work.

“(Tim) Taranto, off the top of my head got traded for picks 12 and 19, he (De Koning) is a more in-demand asset than Tim Taranto (particularly) at his age and the position he plays.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back