List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s been deserving of another chance in the 1s for a while, showed good vfl form all year. I have a feeling he might get delisted, kinda like what the did with Gibson. Gibson was alright in his last year but the club decided he didn’t quite have all the attributes they wanted.
If Fog can play the rest of the season like he did today, it will make it a hard decision for them
No doubt, he shows up every week, his tackle numbers are huge, does a power of work & skill set is definitely better than vfl.
He has been constantly in the mix as one of the best players week on week, is only behind “he who must not be named” & Binns for skills, performance & impact.

I would rather keep Fog and trade Fisher if we can. We have little draft value currently, so need to consider moves such as this to improve the team going into next year.

Either should only be depth next year given we should be targeting similar types, along with a hopefully improved Durdin and Motlop.

I would rather keep Fog and trade Fisher if we can. We have little draft value currently, so need to consider moves such as this to improve the team going into next year.

Either should only be depth next year given we should be targeting similar types, along with a hopefully improved Durdin and Motlop.
Jon Ralph seemed pretty certain Fisher will be seeking a trade West on the broadcast today. Said TDK most likely, Fisher certainly.

I've skipped a few pages but gotta admit I'm surprised at how bullish people are re Gresham.
I'm not saying he can't add anything to our side but I personally think that Cuningham offers us a similar player type.
He's capable of getting the ball midfield, going inside 50, positions well inside 50 and is a smart small forward.

IMHO, concentrate on getting Cunningham's fitness right and focus on other trade targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer to keep Fisher than sell him at his lowest. We have at least 10 worse players than him to cycle through before we start culling AFL quality players in positions of need.

Certainly not irreplaceable and we do need to upgrade our forward flanks but you need to demote these types to the 40th player on the list rather than throw them out all together. That's how we will improve.

Would prefer to keep Fisher than sell him at his lowest. We have at least 10 worse players than him to cycle through before we start culling AFL quality players in positions of need.

Certainly not irreplaceable and we do need to upgrade our forward flanks but you need to demote these types to the 40th player on the list rather than throw them out all together. That's how we will improve.
We don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year and what are the 10 worse players going to bring in, pickwise?

Getting rid of someone like Honey won't get us a pick to replace him. Fisher won't get us a great pick by any means but he has some currency which gives us flexibility to move up the order for a better player or have a stab at a late pick who better suits our list. Fisher doesn't have the running power our list needs and that's not going to change unfortunately.

Getting rid of someone like Honey won't get us a pick to replace him. Fisher won't get us a great pick by any means but he has some currency which gives us flexibility to move up the order for a better player or have a stab at a late pick who better suits our list. Fisher doesn't have the running power our list needs and that's not going to change unfortunately.
I've been on the Fisher bandwagon from that very first AFL kick but he's just got too big a gap between his best and worst.
Doesn't hold enough tackles, disposal can be poor at times and just doesn't get to the right position to help out often enough.
If another club thinks they can make something out of him, then we need to take that trade now while he's under contract.

We don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year and what are the 10 worse players going to bring in, pickwise?

We will need to get creative. Not sure Fish even nets us a pick within the top 40 at the moment. His value is low. Trading him for any less is not worth it as he can turn it around, hence the appeal.

TDK will bring in a strong pick and we can play with our future first. I have no issue replacing our bottom few (Honey/Philp) with late picks as we don't lose out in 2024 but we can't just flick valuable depth for nothing.

Would rather it was the Swans. After seeing what that turd Mackie did with the Henry trade last year, chances are he'll try to **** us over as well.

I'll bet my backside they'll be looking to split their 1st round pick to they can offer us chump change..."sorry, we can't trade what we no longer have."

Stephen Wells was a pure professional when it came to trades....this guy seems like an up and coming Adrian Dodoro.

Honey can be replaced with the last pick in the rookie draft. He won't make it unfortunately.

Fisher has shown he is AFL quality and at the very least will provide decent depth in a position of need. What currency do you think he has right now?

Honey can be replaced with the last pick in the rookie draft. He won't make it unfortunately.

Fisher has shown he is AFL quality and at the very least will provide decent depth in a position of need. What currency do you think he has right now?
Don't know but if he's keen to go I certainly wouldn't be fighting to keep him. If he wants to stay fine, same as Mcgov... but if either want to play elsewhere id take whatever pick we can get for each of them and march on to 2024.

On current form it’s pick 40-50, but he’s contracted and if the massive offer is true WCE would have to cough up a pick in the 25-30 range for us to bite you would imagine. Could be quite a bit of off season movement at the club this year with Fish, TDK and potentially Sos.

On current form it’s pick 40-50, but he’s contracted and if the massive offer is true WCE would have to cough up a pick in the 25-30 range for us to bite you would imagine. Could be quite a bit of off season movement at the club this year with Fish, TDK and potentially Sos.

I don't think WCE are in the position to drop a second round pick on a player who will never be in the best 15 at a club. They are after him because they think he'll be cheap and his value is low. A pick within the top 30 would be a no brainer.

Most clubs will make 8-10 changes in an off-season and you hope that the majority of them come from the bottom of the list. Then you try and bolster your best 30 or so with your new additions.

I don't feel like we are doing either by moving on Fisher for unders (removing a bottom 8 player or improving our best 22 + initial depth).

For a player like Honey or Philp, you are losing the 40th player on the list and replacing them with a player who would be 40th on the list but has the potential to be better. So I have no issue in that.

Perhaps I just rate Fish higher than others but that's how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back