List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you should keep posting them Aph, and we'll keep resigning them :thumbsu::cool:

Just on a general note, it's probably fortuitous that all 3 of our injury prone players are OOC in the one year so we can make decisions on each of them. IMO, the only one I'd be offering a contract to is Jack Martin - such a damaging player the times he's in our starting line up. Take the chance with him while we're in the premiership window.

Of the others, maybe Jack Carroll - although you'd imagine there may be a trade back to WA on the cards. We may need extra draft picks through trading to match the Campo bids - who knows at this stage?

I'd also look to potentially re-rookie Matt Owies at this stage of his career....he'll be 28yo going into next season, so a rookie contract could see him through to 31yo, depending on list balance and form.

I think tossing Owies, who has played every game this year, who is third in our goal kicking this year (and was second last year), a rookie contract is a great way to insult him and run the risk of another side coming in and poaching him.

He's not a 33yo, over-the-hill veteran just clinging to the game. He's literally in the prime of his career, and could easily have 6+ years ahead of him. Senior list all day every day, 3 year deal for sure and I honestly wouldn't batt an eye at 4 years if it comes at a bit of a discount.

Actually Cooper Lord could get a run in the not too distant future if we assume that Matt kennedy us out for a while.
Kennedy out I think assures Hewett’s spot in the team if anything. I don’t think Lord will get a crack this year, unless there is a catastrophic injury crisis. Carroll is still in front of him too

Kennedy out I think assures Hewett’s spot in the team if anything. I don’t think Lord will get a crack this year, unless there is a catastrophic injury crisis. Carroll is still in front of him too
Its very clear that Voss has strong ideas and will only replace like for like rather than try and shoehorn players in. His preferred set up is for four absolute midfielders (with chop ous from Hollands, Fogarty etc) with another as the sub. No doubt in my mind that Kennedy would have been the sub this week pre injury. I think that if everyone else gets up then Carroll or Lord will be the sub this week. It will be tempting to have a look at Lord already knowing what Carroll can bring.

The person that set the wheels in motion was MLG, not SOS

SOS was a ruthless in trades, not great with talent ID
I agree totally!! Hopeless with all the picks after pick 30 all spuds.
Top 10 picks from 2015-18 he went at 50% success rate and 2 were pick 1. He wasn't great to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see how Stk are floundering now as a contrast to where we're at considering we were both bottom 4 at the same time. They stayed down for 2 years, we were in there for 5 (long) years.

It is crippling for a club and horrific for a supporter base to be that low for that long but it is almost necessary evil these days. Unless you pull off a miracle in FS gifts (Coll) or Academy gifts (Swans) it's very hard these days to accumulate enough quality players in one age bracket to challenge.

StK rose up quicker, made finals twice (6th) in 4 years but are again sinking back down this year.

It reinforces how important the decision-making is around trading in experienced players.

The List Manager has to be very sure he's already got the core of a premiership team out of the draft before trading in. I know SOS went hard at Shiel / Coniglio / etc. and it was disappointing at the time to miss out but it turned out to be good luck.

It's as important to not rise back up the ladder too quickly as anything else.

StK, Ess and a few others are caught with a wide range of player profiles on their list. Not enough guns in their 24-29 y.o. bracket.

Hawthorn were in the bottom 4 for 4 years but it feels like their kids are mediocre with one or two exceptions. The decision to recruit a small forward with pick 5 last year seems a strange one when their key pos stocks are so thin.

North will be a contender in a few years but they've also not got the key posts nailed down.

If GC keep getting these Academy gifts they will win 5 in a row.

Yeah jsos not quick over the first 5 metres but either is Weitering, tom mcartin, jeremy mcgovern or May albeit they have some extra height & size. I personally just think if he's depth position player train he there over the pre -season & get him to know the set up as a back up who can fill needs as not much quality key position depth at this stage.. depends what happends with Marchbank & where young goes from here.

Interesting to see how Stk are floundering now as a contrast to where we're at considering we were both bottom 4 at the same time. They stayed down for 2 years, we were in there for 5 (long) years.

It is crippling for a club and horrific for a supporter base to be that low for that long but it is almost necessary evil these days. Unless you pull off a miracle in FS gifts (Coll) or Academy gifts (Swans) it's very hard these days to accumulate enough quality players in one age bracket to challenge.

StK rose up quicker, made finals twice (6th) in 4 years but are again sinking back down this year.

It reinforces how important the decision-making is around trading in experienced players.

The List Manager has to be very sure he's already got the core of a premiership team out of the draft before trading in. I know SOS went hard at Shiel / Coniglio / etc. and it was disappointing at the time to miss out but it turned out to be good luck.

StK, Ess and a few others are caught with a wide range of player profiles on their list. Not enough guns in their 24-29 y.o. bracket.

Hawthorn were in the bottom 4 for 4 years but it feels like their kids are mediocre with one or two exceptions. The decision to recruit a small forward with pick 5 last year seems a strange one when their key pos stocks are so thin.

North will be a contender in a few years but they've also not got the key posts nailed down.

I think with the saints financials it would be nearly club killing to be down the bottom too long - they do worse financially than north so are very vulnerable to anything below mediocrity

On A065 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saints have had bad use1st round picks
Billings over Bont
McCartin of Tracc
Trading out for Carlise and Missing H and CC.
Coffield and Clark instead of Naughton
Brad Hill for pick 10 and Acres
In hindsight they are the type of selections/trades that sets a club back

GCS won't win anything if they keep giving away players like Elij for nothing

Yeah jsos not quick over the first 5 metres but either is Weitering, tom mcartin, jeremy mcgovern or May albeit they have some extra height & size. I personally just think if he's depth position player train he there over the pre -season & get him to know the set up as a back up who can fill needs as not much quality key position depth at this stage.. depends what happends with Marchbank & where young goes from here.
They're all bigger & much stronger overhead, they're genuine KPP, whereas Jack is more a tweener.
With all respect to him as I genuinely admire his effort but I struggle to think of a favourable matchup for him as a defender.

Would we consider a trade for a player like Neale-Bullen if we let Cunners go end of year and he wanted out of Goodwins 'snowy' palace? Not sure what he'd cost under contract but certainly a high quality role player for the Dees.

Surely a few will be seeking a fresh start away from the ****show thats enveloped the Dee's this year with Clarry and their medico's, Joel Smith etc.

Would we consider a trade for a player like Neale-Bullen if we let Cunners go end of year and he wanted out of Goodwins 'snowy' palace? Not sure what he'd cost under contract but certainly a high quality role player for the Dees.
Reckon Gold Coast may let a few go cheaply again this year. Especially if they’re bringing in Dusty.

'If GC keep getting these Academy gifts they will win 5 in a row"
or just a feeder team for Blues :p :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back