List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow's Herald Sun says

From tomorrow's Herald Sun -

"Geelong premiership goal kicker Tyson Stengle will stay with the Cats after turning down significant interest from St Kilda.

Stengle has told both clubs he will remain in blue and white, helping repay the Cats for reviving his AFL career.
St Kilda this year showed major interest in Stengle, 25, in a bid to lure him to Moorabbin as a free agent for next season.

Is this a vote of confidence in the Cats or just another player who doesn't want to play for RTB at StKilda?

No.
Owies has trade value, and other clubs would offer him more than a rookie spot. If we cut him he walks to a better offer. We keep him or trade him.
Also, reckon he’s been in career best form the last 6 or so weeks. Seems to have added some small-forward-required strings to his bow (better tackling, pressure, crumbing).

If we want to move a player from the senior list to the rookie list, then Fantasia is the one.
Contracted on a low amount for another year. If a club decided to poach him, which is pretty unlikely, we’d pocket a salary cap saving.
With all due respect, why on earth would Fantasia agree to be placed on our rookie list when he's only been at the club for less than a year? One of the reasons he reportedly chose Carlton was because we offered him a 2 year deal on a senior list... "Fantasia then had a medical with GWS, who were exploring a rookie contract, only then to be guaranteed two years on the senior list at the Blues, where he'll move as a delisted free agent," added Cleary.

Unless we provide some kind of incentive like another year or more $$ - which is unlikely - why would his manager agree for his player to be moved onto the rookie list while he's still contracted and getting regular senior games?

We need to move on at least 3-4 players from our senior list at the end of the year, but I cant seeing Orazio being one of them. We could just delist him I guess and pay out his salary, but I also thinks that's doubtful.

Whats next SOS to offer Owies $800k a season…

#theSaintswarchest
Freo are looking at paying that and some to lure Logan McDonald back home. Intetestingly Owies is only 2 goals behind McDonald this year with a game in hand. Am sure Saints would be v interested in doubling his salary and halving his output. Strategy has worked well for Dan Butler.

With all due respect, why on earth would Fantasia agree to be placed on our rookie list when he's only been at the club for less than a year? One of the reasons he reportedly chose Carlton was because we offered him a 2 year deal on a senior list... "Fantasia then had a medical with GWS, who were exploring a rookie contract, only then to be guaranteed two years on the senior list at the Blues, where he'll move as a delisted free agent," added Cleary.

Unless we provide some kind of incentive like another year or more $$ - which is unlikely - why would his manager agree for his player to be moved onto the rookie list while he's still contracted and getting regular senior games?

We need to move on at least 3-4 players from our senior list at the end of the year, but I cant seeing Orazio being one of them. We could just delist him I guess and pay out his salary, but I also thinks that's doubtful.
He would get paid the same, it wouldn’t actually make any difference to Orazio, it’s just creative accounting which is lowest risk to the club.

Ed Curnow did it at the end of 2022 and Matt Kennedy (although he was in slightly different circumstances in covid) in 2020.

Confirmed - Stengle re-signs for 5yrs until end of 2029

Wow five years for a bloke who had “issues with the lifestyle”. Think there are going to be plenty of retirements at the Cattery at season’s end. Surprisingly AFL trading rules change to allow two years of pick swapping and some scope to trade picks for salary cap space. Just like the rule change that gifted them Bowes and a pick.

To cut a long story short, they don’t need a compo pick from a Stengle free agency move to get their targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow five years for a bloke who had “issues with the lifestyle”. Think there are going to be plenty of retirements at the Cattery at season’s end. Surprisingly AFL trading rules change to allow two years of pick swapping and some scope to trade picks for salary cap space. Just like the rule change that gifted them Bowes and a pick.

To cut a long story short, they don’t need a compo pick from a Stengle free agency move to get their targets.
They bring in trading 2 years in advance the one time we have a potential top 5 pick in 2 years time... Thanks Laura!

Don't let Austin off the hook
What has Austin done poorly jezz? He doesn't retain the injury riddled guys unless they're ticked off by high performance. It's not his job description to forecast health. Everything else has gone pretty well. Going at better than 50% on picks is usually seen as awesome and his trading has been great..... Acres etc

What has Austin done poorly jezz? He doesn't retain the injury riddled guys unless they're ticked off by high performance. It's not his job description to forecast health. Everything else has gone pretty well. Going at better than 50% on picks is usually seen as awesome and his trading has been great..... Acres etc
I don't think we've drafted very well since he's been in charge. It's been too reactionary to our needs when the players of that type simply haven't been there. Our best gets were/are from outside the draft system.

I don't think we've drafted very well since he's been in charge. It's been too reactionary to our needs when the players of that type simply haven't been there. Our best gets were/are from outside the draft system.
Bullshit.

2021 through the draft: Motlop, and rookied Cotts. Tick.
2022: Hollands cowan Binns lemmey. Rookies cinc/Hok Tick.
2023: Ashton and Billy.

There isn't a single bust there yet. And even the other midseason crapshoot picks have been better than 50%. He's hardly had access to top end picks too. He's traded and patched a list that SOS/ the club and coaching nearly destroyed. With bad development and abysmal drafting outside of the talls.

Apart from Wilson, Austin is drafting too many players with major deficiencies: moir, durdin, lemmey, Binns. Apart from Wilson, barely one quick flanker/onballer with talent taken in the draft

Bullshit.

2021 through the draft: Motlop, and rookied Cotts. Tick.
2022: Hollands cowan Binns lemmey. Rookies cinc/Hok Tick.
2023: Ashton and Billy.

There isn't a single bust there yet. And even the other midseason crapshoot picks have been better than 50%. He's hardly had access to top end picks too. He's traded and patched a list that SOS/ the club and coaching nearly destroyed. With bad development and abysmal drafting outside of the talls.
Steady a little on some of that mate.
Cotts was re rookied (like Kennedy) after strategic delisting in 2021. Cotts was SOS alongside Gibbons as SSP.

My only concern is that with Doc and Kennedy out, IF we cop another midfield injury we are looking thin.

Next in this year has been Carroll but he's been off the pace and makes our midfield weaker.

There isn't really anyone else though...I'd almost prefer Cinc playing as a core mid if it happens but not sure he has much practice at centre clearances.
Agree we’ll be thin but can’t do Carroll. He’s just not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back